Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:24
    U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released the following statement today on the President’s executive order on immigration:
    http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=587F2A2D-8A47-48F7-9045-CF30F0A77889
  2. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:44
    Originally posted by Phranny
    U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released the following statement today on the President’s executive order on immigration:
    http://www.mccain.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases?ID=587F2A2D-8A47-48F7-9045-CF30F0A77889
    They have a sensible point but I have never trusted either of these guys. They are Dims in disguise.
    But I agree here that the policy was hastily put in.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 16:48
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    They have a sensible point but I have never trusted either of these guys. They are Dims in disguise.
    Why is every Republican that other Reps disagree with secretly a "Dem" or "liberal"? Reps on this site kept saying Trump is being elected by "liberals", or even that Trump himself was a "Hillary plant" (as Whodey claimed).
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:09
    Isn't Lindsey the guy who got 0,0000000001% of the vote?

That vote being cast himself?
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:11
    Originally posted by vivify
    Why is every Republican that other Reps disagree with secretly a "Dem" or "liberal"? Reps on this site kept saying Trump is being elected by "liberals", or even that Trump himself was a "Hillary plant" (as Whodey claimed).
    Because they usually side with the opposition. The Republican establishment is Trumps biggest obstacle.
    They gave Obama everything he wanted, unlimited spending, his cabinet was almost completely confirmed by week two, they didn't oppose anything.
    Now Republicans have majorities in both houses and look at the opposition.
    These are Rhinos.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:121 edit
    Trump is a big government politician. In fact, he is projected to spend more money than Hillary would have. I theorize that whoever plans to spend more money will win the Oval Office. Every plan he has is to expand government. In that respect, he is a big government kind of guy you Progs enjoy, even if you don't like what he is doing.

As for such issues as abortion, he was for it one moment and against it the next. My guess is he will put someone in there that won't do squat to change Roe vs. Wade.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:21
    Because they usually side with the opposition. The Republican establishment is Trumps biggest obstacle.
    How so? Cruz lowered himself to promoting Trump by calling random people to vote for him. Paul Ryan went from denouncing Trump to singing his praises after he won the nomination. Chris Christie is Trump's lapdog, Mitt Romney started gushing over him at the promise of a position, Ben Carson says nothing but great things about Trump, he's got the support of Fox News...

How is the Republican establishment against Trump?
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    Trump is a big government politician. In fact, he is projected to spend more money than Hillary would have. I theorize that whoever plans to spend more money will win the Oval Office. Every plan he has is to expand government. In that respect, he is a big government kind of guy you Progs enjoy, even if you don't like what he is doing.

As for such issu ...[text shortened]... the next. My guess is he will put someone in there that won't do squat to change Roe vs. Wade.
    " My guess is he will put someone in there that won't do squat to change Roe vs. Wade."
    From your pen, Whodey, to Trump's. I do not want Roe VS Wade taken down.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:25
    Originally posted by Phranny
    " My guess is he will put someone in there that won't do squat to change Roe vs. Wade."
    From your pen, Whodey, to Trump's. I do not want Roe VS Wade taken down.
    Abortion is a billion dollar business. There is no way the crack head money grubbing politicians in Washington allow it to stop.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:25
    Republicans value loyalty to the Party over everything else. So criticism of an ineptly implemented measure implies being a traitor to the Party, and thus a secret "Dem."
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Republicans value loyalty to the Party over everything else. So criticism of an ineptly implemented measure implies being a traitor to the Party, and thus a secret "Dem."
    Both parties misrepresent themselves to voters. The Dims, for example, present themselves as the Civil Rights party while their secret e-mails show them being instructed to promise NOTHING to movements like Black Lives Matter. Yet, blacks still turn out to vote for them anyway in record numbers.

The whole system is a joke.
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Jan '17 17:46
    How so? Cruz lowered himself to promoting Trump by calling random people to vote for him. Paul Ryan went from denouncing Trump to singing his praises after he won the nomination. Chris Christie is Trump's lapdog, Mitt Romney started gushing over him at the promise of a position, Ben Carson says nothing but great things about Trump, he's got the support of Fox News...

They will play and act to further their game. Ben Carson is not establishment. I think he is a good guy, but the other two I do not think are genuine.
    Both parties are a joke, but I don't think Trump is what many here think he is.
    I think he genuinely wants to help the country.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 13:203 edits
    They will play and act to further their game. Ben Carson is not establishment. I think he is a good guy, but the other two I do not think are genuine.
    Both parties are a joke, but I don't think Trump is what many here think he is.
    I think he genuinely wants to help the country.
    yep, they aren't genuine.
    Carson said, when he thought he won't get any cabinet position for his whoring, that he didn't want one anyway because he has no experience and wouldn't be qualified, Then took a job anyway when offered, in a position he has 0 experience in. That's a good, genuine guy. Outstanding integrity. Him, not the guy who served his country in a gruesome war and then refused to be released from the hellhole n Vietnam ahead of his fellow prisoners.

A little light reading for you. You can read, right?

McCain's capture and subsequent imprisonment began on October 26, 1967. He was flying his 23rd bombing mission over North Vietnam when his A-4E Skyhawk was shot down by a missile over Hanoi.[34][35] McCain fractured both arms and a leg ejecting from the aircraft,[36] and nearly drowned when he parachuted into Trúc Bạch Lake.[34] Some North Vietnamese pulled him ashore, then others crushed his shoulder with a rifle butt and bayoneted him.[34] McCain was then transported to Hanoi's main Hỏa Lò Prison, nicknamed the "Hanoi Hilton".[35]

Although McCain was badly wounded, his captors refused to treat his injuries, beating and interrogating him to get information; he was given medical care only when the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a high-ranking admiral.[37] His status as a prisoner of war (POW) made the front pages of major newspapers.[38][39]

McCain spent six weeks in the hospital while receiving marginal care.[34] By then having lost 50 pounds (23 kg), in a chest cast, and with his gray hair turned white as snow,[34] McCain was sent to a different camp on the outskirts of Hanoi[40] in December 1967, into a cell with two other Americans who did not expect him to live a week.[41] In March 1968, McCain was put into solitary confinement, where he would remain for two years.[42]

In mid-1968, John S. McCain Jr. was named commander of all U.S. forces in the Vietnam theater, and the North Vietnamese offered McCain early release[44] because they wanted to appear merciful for propaganda purposes,[45] and also to show other POWs that elite prisoners were willing to be treated preferentially.[44] McCain turned down the offer; he would only accept repatriation if every man taken in before him was released as well. Such early release was prohibited by the POW's interpretation of the military Code of Conduct: To prevent the enemy from using prisoners for propaganda, officers were to agree to be released in the order in which they were captured.[34]

In August 1968, a program of severe torture began on McCain.[46] He was subjected to rope bindings and repeated beatings every two hours, at the same time as he was suffering from dysentery.[34][46] Further injuries led to the beginning of a suicide attempt, stopped by guards.[34] Eventually, McCain made an anti-American propaganda "confession".[34] He has always felt that his statement was dishonorable, but as he later wrote, "I had learned what we all learned over there: Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine."[47][48] Many American POWs were tortured and maltreated in order to extract "confessions" and propaganda statements;[49] virtually all of them eventually yielded something to their captors.[50] McCain subsequently received two to three beatings weekly because of his continued refusal to sign additional statements.[51]

McCain refused to meet with various anti-war groups seeking peace in Hanoi, wanting to give neither them nor the North Vietnamese a propaganda victory.[52] From late 1969 onward, treatment of McCain and many of the other POWs became more tolerable,[53] while McCain continued actively to resist the camp authorities.[54] McCain and other prisoners cheered the U.S. "Christmas Bombing" campaign of December 1972, viewing it as a forceful measure to push North Vietnam to terms.[48][55]

Altogether, McCain was a prisoner of war in North Vietnam for five and a half years. He was released on March 14, 1973.[56] His wartime injuries left him permanently incapable of raising his arms above his head.[57]
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 13:571 edit

Ever heard of the "never Trump" crowd in the GOP?

I believe that both McCan't and Lindsey were part of that crowd. My guess is that they would have preferred Hillary.

My guess is, there are no conservatives in the Federal government. There is simply too much money and power centralized for conservatism to ever work.
  15. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Jan '17 14:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    yep, they aren't genuine.
    Carson said, when he thought he won't get any cabinet position for his whoring, that he didn't want one anyway because he has no experience and wouldn't be qualified, Then took a job anyway when offered, in a position he has 0 experience in. That's a good, genuine guy. Outstanding integrity. Him, not the guy who served his count ...[text shortened]... [56] His wartime injuries left him permanently incapable of raising his arms above his head.[57]
    So what is your point? That he is a sincere HC supporter? That he thinks he is right?
    Sincere people worry me more than idiots like you.