Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    16 May '13 19:24
    No link provided. It just makes sense to me. I know that in my personal interactions with conservative guys, they do seem to be on the dimwitted side of the spectrum.
  2. 16 May '13 19:31
    Depending on how you define "stupid", this has been investigated. Both IQ and education level are on average lower for people who are self-identified conservatives, although the correlation is not very strong.
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    16 May '13 20:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No link provided. It just makes sense to me. I know that in my personal interactions with conservative guys, they do seem to be on the dimwitted side of the spectrum.
    Ahhh, I see partisan politics is alive and well...even after an election. Play nice everyone!
  4. 17 May '13 02:07 / 1 edit
    Would you like to suggest a 'conservative' against 'liberal' chess team
    match among the regular writers in the Debates forum? Should the eligible
    players be restricted to the American regular writers (given that the
    Americans seem more obsessed with Democrat vs Republican arguments)
    in this forum?

If so, which active players at RHP should be nominated for the American
    liberal and American conservative chess teams? No1Marauder (rated
    2014) and Caissad4 (rated 1939) seem like choices for the liberal team.
  5. 17 May '13 07:04
    "Stupid men more likely to be conservative"

True.
  6. 17 May '13 08:45
    By the way, there are studies that show low IQ people tend to be more socially conservative.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    17 May '13 13:21
    Originally posted by moon1969
    By the way, there are studies that show low IQ people tend to be more socially conservative.
    Who conducted this study? Was this you cruising the adult bookshops looking for men to fellate? They said no and blackened your eye for you?
  8. 17 May '13 15:35
    By extension, you are saying that poor people are more likely to be stupid.
  9. 17 May '13 17:05
    I guess the thread I posted has hurt some feelings.
  10. 17 May '13 17:55
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Who conducted this study? Was this you cruising the adult bookshops looking for men to fellate? They said no and blackened your eye for you?
    The UK study is one. Ample studies. Low IQ = social conservatism.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=Low_IQ_%26_Conservative_Beliefs_Linked_to_Prejudice&threadid=151930

[b]Low IQ behind some conservative beliefs[b]

Children with low intelligence are more likely to grow up to be social conservatives and racists, researchers found in a study published out of the U.K.

The study, which appeared in the journal Psychological Science and was written up by LifeScience, built upon previous research linking low education with prejudice, using data from two studies testing IQ and then political beliefs.

“As suspected, low intelligence in childhood corresponded with racism in adulthood. But the factor that explained the relationship between these two variables was political: When researchers included social conservatism in the analysis, those ideologies accounted for much of the link between brains and bias,” LifeScience wrote.

Lead researcher Gordon Hodson, of Brock University in Ontario, concluded that people with low IQs are attracted to the hierarchy and structure in socially conservative institutions. . . .

http://blog.chron.com/hottopics/2012/01/low-iq-behind-some-conservative-beliefs/

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=144855

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?subject=religion_and_I.Q.&threadid=144930

Liberals and Atheists Smarter? Intelligent People Have Values Novel in Human Evolutionary History, Study Finds

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100224132655.htm
  11. 17 May '13 17:56
    How did they determine IQ?
  12. 17 May '13 19:01 / 1 edit
    I don't think a link is necessary here as we have all lived through the Bush presidencies. Remember Dan Quayle? Problem here is that there isn't much difference in intelligence between the two groups to be of practical value. On one hand you have followers of Bill Clinton that bought into the redefining of having sex and not inhaling etc... and Bush on the other not knowing the purpose of the executive branch of government and signing our rights away with the patriot act. Perhaps the truly intelligent individuals have not crystallized out of the social/political soup as of yet because the right conditions have not been met. I am sure that there are plenty of toothless redneck drill baby drill wonders that also think it is smart to have anal same sex sex.
  13. 21 May '13 08:34
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I don't think a link is necessary here as we have all lived through the Bush presidencies. Remember Dan Quayle? Problem here is that there isn't much difference in intelligence between the two groups to be of practical value. On one hand you have followers of Bill Clinton that bought into the redefining of having sex and not inhaling etc... and Bush on t ...[text shortened]... thless redneck drill baby drill wonders that also think it is smart to have anal same sex sex.
    Are you ok with anal sex as long it is not same sex sex.
  14. 21 May '13 11:14
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Are you ok with anal sex as long it is not same sex sex.
    How much sex could a same sex sex if a same sex could same sex? No
  15. 21 May '13 11:24 / 1 edit
    This is what some people don't understand about G W Bush, thinking your clever is one of the biggest signs of stupidity - that was Bush's intelligence -

Socrates says so!