Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    10 Apr '10 10:49 / 1 edit
    There are ample control freaks polluting this board, they see themselves as super qualified or extra qualified for the business of running other peoples lives for them. How they should care for themselves, what chemicals they can ingest (pooper) what percentage of their working lives must be handed over, who they must help, how much they must help, education, entertainment...etc...the list goes on, almost every aspect of our lives some busybody or other wants to push, prod, alter, shape, control.

Here's your chance, tell me why you think you are more qualified to make decisions regarding my life than me.

Edit: Being one of the 50.05% sheep that said baaaaa instead of maaaaa on a certain day will not be accepted as qualification.
  2. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    10 Apr '10 10:57
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    There are ample control freaks polluting this board, they see themselves as super qualified or extra qualified for the business of running other peoples lives for them. How they should care for themselves, what chemicals they can ingest (pooper) what percentage of their working lives must be handed over, who they must help, how much they must help, education, entertainment...etc..
    What do you call giving a directive to a bunch of control freaks?

Optimistic?.......we love youse ...smack smack smack.....
  3. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    10 Apr '10 11:00
    Originally posted by kmax87
    What do you call giving a directive to a bunch of control freaks?

Optimistic?.......we love youse ...smack smack smack.....
    What do I call kmax's post.

Shooting from the hip.
  4. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    10 Apr '10 11:06
    What do I call kmax's post.

Shooting from the hip.
    finally someone has me and my MO pegged!
  5. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    10 Apr '10 11:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kmax87
    finally someone has me and my MO pegged!
    kmax's CV has been registered, he doesn't like to consider things too much, just goes off willy nilly.

Is this the type of person you trust to make decisions for you? God knows he spouts off with enough suggestions around here.
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    10 Apr '10 13:32
    There are ample control freaks polluting this board, they see themselves as super qualified or extra qualified for the business of running other peoples lives for them. How they should care for themselves, what chemicals they can ingest (pooper) what percentage of their working lives must be handed over, who they must help, how much they must help, education, ...[text shortened]... heep that said baaaaa instead of maaaaa on a certain day will not be accepted as qualification.
    Well you are an all but self-confessed sociopath, so what you actually mean by "the business of running other peoples lives for them" is more a glimpse into your neurosis and naivety rather than a thing rooted in real world of democratic politics and a functional socio-economic system.

As for my CV as a citizen, I have my one vote, I am law abiding (for the most part), I fully support free speech & exercise it, and I pay my taxes.
  7. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    10 Apr '10 16:07
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well you are an all but self-confessed sociopath, so what you actually mean by "the business of running other peoples lives for them" is more a glimpse into your neurosis and naivety rather than a thing rooted in real world of democratic politics and a functional socio-economic system.

As for my CV as a citizen, I have my one vote, I am law abiding (for the most part), I fully support free speech & exercise it, and I pay my taxes.
    FMF: "I have my one vote..."

From the original post: "Being one of the 50.05% sheep that said baaaaa instead of maaaaa on a certain day will not be accepted as qualification."

The terms that were set out in the original post were concise unlike the ten of thousands of pages of law we are subject to. The "(for the most part)" tacked on to "I am a law abiding citizen" statement negates the statement, you needn't have bothered wasting my reading time. In the past you have bragged about bribing a local bureaurat for building consent or some such, you have openly bragged about copyright violation. Don't even attempt "I am a law abiding citizen", your word means nothing. In fact you're so full of doodoo you can go back on 'ignore'.
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    10 Apr '10 16:11
    In fact you're so full of doodoo you can go back on 'ignore'.
    You don't believe in democracy. It's your one string fiddle. We get it.
  9. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    10 Apr '10 16:17
    There are ample control freaks polluting this board, they see themselves as super qualified or extra qualified for the business of running other peoples lives for them. How they should care for themselves, what chemicals they can ingest (pooper) what percentage of their working lives must be handed over, who they must help, how much they must help, education, ...[text shortened]... heep that said baaaaa instead of maaaaa on a certain day will not be accepted as qualification.
    Look, you can break down the majority of the population into two categories:

1. Those who tell people what to do
    2. Those who tell other people to not to tell them what to do.

In other words, you have parents and you have kids. Who's right more often in the battle between kids and parents? Now, which category do you think you fall into?
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    10 Apr '10 16:24
    The "(for the most part)" tacked on to "I am a law abiding citizen" statement negates the statement, you needn't have bothered wasting my reading time. In the past you have bragged about bribing a local bureaurat for building consent or some such, you have openly bragged about copyright violation.
    Well I am a law abiding citizen - 'for the most part' is a reference to my downloading of music, which I admit to. I don't break any other laws, as far as I am aware. The "bribe" thing was a self-deprecating ironic comment which clearly meant in jest, so no Gotcha! there I'm afraid. Yes. I am an active, productive, participating, thoughtful, honest ( cf.downloading ), considerate, citizen with one vote who doesn't bellyache about paying tax. And I am not 50% of anything. I have just one vote.
  11. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    10 Apr '10 16:28
    Originally posted by uzless
    Look, you can break down the majority of the population into two categories:

1. Those who tell people what to do
    2. Those who tell other people to not to tell them what to do.

In other words, you have parents and you have kids. Who's right more often in the battle between kids and parents? Now, which category do you think you fall into?
    uzless bases his qualification on the claim he is my Dad.
  12. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    10 Apr '10 19:30
    uzless bases his qualification on the claim he is my Dad.
    Again, Wajoma. You miss the point.

You are really talking about choice here. Choice, although you may not realize it, is actually bad for you. You need your choices limited. Someone needs to limit you. I know neither you, nor most here, will listen to reason when presented in these forums so I offer you a chance to learn. It is up to you to take it. Do you want the blue pill of continued stagnation and self-delusion? Or do you want the red pill of englightenment.

Trust me, watch. I promise you won't regret it.

http://www.ted.com/talks/barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html
  13. 11 Apr '10 00:16 / 4 edits
    Madame Gazanga gazes into her crystal ball. The year is 2020.

It turns out that a massive civil war in Somalia led to the entire population fleeing the region in 2015. US ArmyParatrooper, now General ArmyParatrooper, successfully led the NATO effort to secure the region and remove all mines and other dangerous materials. NATO even built a generous infrastructure system. For a generous sum, NATO then sold the entire region to Wajoma in 2019 so that he could start the new Libertarian Republic of Wajomistan.

Wajoma has agreed to divide the region into equal portions to be handed out on a first come first serve basis to all who wish to be a part of this exciting new republic. The one condition is that they must agree to abide by an objectivist constitution drawn up by Wajoma.

It's now 2020. Anyone here in RHP-land interested?
  14. 11 Apr '10 07:20
    [...]tell me why you think you are more qualified to make decisions regarding my life than me.

You're a libertarian.
  15. 11 Apr '10 09:08
    FMF: "I have my one vote..."

From the original post: "Being one of the 50.05% sheep that said baaaaa instead of maaaaa on a certain day will not be accepted as qualification."

The terms that were set out in the original post were concise unlike the ten of thousands of pages of law we are subject to. The "(for the most part)" tacked on to "I am a law a ...[text shortened]... ord means nothing. In fact you're so full of doodoo you can go back on 'ignore'.
    One has only to survey his posts on this forum to realise that he considers himself to be a regular 'know-all', frequently pontificating on subjects about which he clearly knows little or nothing.