Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 28 Mar '10 21:45
    With chaos coming to our world what is some good advice for families to follow?
    I personally think prayer is a good start. But a quote from a book says:
    Supplies, savings and solitude.... a place to just get away from people. That makes sense, with world wide epedemics of nearly everything.
    Just who is your enemy?
    Did any of you get H1N1? I didn't, and I did not get the vacination??
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    28 Mar '10 21:59 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    With chaos coming to our world what is some good advice for families to follow?
    I personally think prayer is a good start. But a quote from a book says:
    Supplies, savings and solitude.... a place to just get away from people. That makes sense, with world wide epedemics of nearly everything.
    Just who is your enemy?
    Did any of you get H1N1? I didn't, and I did not get the vacination??
    Have a few firearms (especially rifles) and plenty of ammo. .223 is the "standard" calibur for combat because of the large amound of highly effective 5.54mm military ammo out there. Keep them locked up so it's hard to get into them; only the trained and capable adults and maybe older teens if particularly responsible can get to them. A .50 BMG rifle can be useful for stopping cars if you are the type of family that can handle such things safely. Shotguns are good too. They don't penetrate walls and need less skill - and are more intimidating.

    Lots of canned foods. Stored fuels - gasoline, propane, etc. General purpose and automotive tools. How-to books. Maps of the building and immediate neighborhood. Supplies of grain are good. The Viet Cong used to put rice in hoses, fill them with water and seal them up for emergency food supplies.

    Get to know the people around. Learn who the tough guys and the criminals nthe neighborhood are. Learn who has weapons and their temperament. Get Radios and walky talkies and LOTS of extra batteries. Build a bunker if you can afford it in your basement. Make sure you're aware of all possible home entrances and have a habit of checking them all. Know ways to block some of them off in case you need to make the house a fort. If you own the house, you could even think about putting something on or in the walls to block bullets.

    Get a large rainwater cistern with two screens on top for mosquitos. The second screen is for redundancy. Have a plan for soaking down your roof in case of fire nearby, including if the water gets cut off. Keep fire hazards away.

    Be prepared for local disasters, e.g. earthquakes in CA, or tornadoes in Kansas.

    Have cash available, but know that informal cash might be more useful e.g. packs of cigarettes, containters of fuel, bags of grain, etc. Have an automobile or two that is easy to fix without all that electronic stuff.

    Have first aid kits and other medical supplies.

    Learn how to hunt and gather in your environment. In inner city Los Angeles opportunities are plentiful though gross and risky for disease.

    First, you can steal/scavenge/loot food from stores and stuff. But if desperate, there are pigeons, rats, roaches, trash cans...

    *puke*
  3. 29 Mar '10 02:32 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    With chaos coming to our world what is some good advice for families to follow?
    I personally think prayer is a good start. But a quote from a book says:
    Supplies, savings and solitude.... a place to just get away from people. That makes sense, with world wide epedemics of nearly everything.
    Just who is your enemy?
    Did any of you get H1N1? I didn't, and I did not get the vacination??
    Construct a boat of some kind destined for Greenland. Its not like they have planes flying there, you must sail to it. Greenland, you may ask?. Why Greenland? First of all, no one lives there. Just plant a flag and start your own country. Secondly, it is the ONLY place on earth deviod of progressives/communists/socialists/Islamofacists. In other words, its the only place on earth deviod of statists. The US was the last hold out and is sinking fast. The beauty of it is that they will not follow you. Do you know why? If you look around at the "nice" places to live on earth, whether it be California, Hawaii etc., these places are crawling with "progressives". Progressives like the "easy" life. In fact, they would much prefer Big Brother to take care of them than take care of themselves. Therefore, they could not possibly make it in cold and icy Greenland. And lastly, look at a map of Greenland and what do you see? There are no borders for immigrants to invade you.....unless a flock of pinguins assualt you. Hopefully their won't be statists. However, the true beauty of the move has yet to be unfolded. With global warming you will one day be the envy of the world and they will all want to live there. So time is short. Once you get there create a Constitution the first chance you get that is not "living or breathing". You know, one that you actually must follow. Seondly, declare progressivism/communism/socialism/theocracies unconstitutional and punishable by immediate hanging. There will be no parole or life long imprisonments etc. Just hang'em high!! Of course, at that point they will have not choice by to try and invade and conquer you by sea. Just take a lesson from the UK during WW2 and build the worlds finest air force. But just in case this fails, take a lesson from the Veitnamese. Dig tunnels and lots of them. In fact, have within your capability to live underground for the rest of your life!!

    Follow these wise words my freind and you will be able to sleep safe and sound at night. Its our only hope!!!

    Edit: Oh yea, and have a gun, first aid kit, duct tape, bottled water yada, yada yada, and the best of Mark Lavine on audio tape to give you inspiriation as well as a Bible.
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    29 Mar '10 02:41
    Originally posted by whodey
    Construct a boat of some kind destined for Greenland. Greenland, you may ask?. Why Greenland? First of all, no one lives there. Just plant a flag and start your own country. Secondly, it is the ONLY place on earth deviod of progressives/communists/socialists/Islamofacists. In other words, its the only place on earth deviod of statists. The US was the l ...[text shortened]... and the best of Mark Lavine on audio tape to give you inspiriation as well as a Bible.
    It might interest you to know that Greenland is still officially controlled by Denmark. You know, one of those leftist Scandinavian countries. And there are 57,600 people already there.
  5. 29 Mar '10 02:42
    Originally posted by rwingett
    It might interest you to know that Greenland is still officially controlled by Denmark. You know, one of those leftist Scandinavian countries. And there are 57,600 people already there.
    Curses, foiled again!!
  6. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    29 Mar '10 02:47
    Originally posted by whodey
    Curses, foiled again!!
    Not only that, but much of Greenland consists of a thick ice shelf. The bedrock is largely below sea level. If that ice were to melt, much of Greenland would actually be underwater.
  7. 29 Mar '10 02:51
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Not only that, but much of Greenland consists of a thick ice shelf. The bedrock is largely below sea level. If that ice were to melt, much of Greenland would actually be underwater.
    That's it!! Construct a city under the sea. We now have hope again!! Just watch that Star Wars movie where they had those goofie looking aliens living under the water and model your city after that.

    Thanks rwingett!!
  8. 29 Mar '10 03:46
    There are still places to go right here.... but I ain't saying where.
  9. 29 Mar '10 03:57
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    There are still places to go right here.... but I ain't saying where.
    I have a coworker who talks about such things. He says he has money hidden away in his home, as if that would be worth anything if something really bad happens. In fact, see how much gold gets you when food and shelter and safety are the keys to survival.

    Your best bet is to be as far away from civilization as possible, be undetected, and be able to survive that way. The bad part is that more than likely you will have no idea what is really going on in the world, even if you have people on the radio left telling you what is going on.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    29 Mar '10 04:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    The bad part is that more than likely you will have no idea what is really going on in the world, even if you have people on the radio left telling you what is going on.
    Irony is, this sums up your intellectual universe NOW, whodey, let alone after Obama declares an end to elections.
  11. 29 Mar '10 11:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    Irony is, this sums up your intellectual universe NOW, whodey, let alone after Obama declares an end to elections.
    Not true. I have you to keep me up to date on what is REALLY going on in the world. No worries.
  12. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    29 Mar '10 12:20
    The OP is 101% tongue in cheek, right?

    RIGHT?!
  13. 29 Mar '10 12:30
    I hope most of these people will move to their undisclosed location today. After all, the Army of Leftists is right now massing for the final assault. The black helicopters are being fueled. The camps are being readied. The mountaineering teams are being trained to scour the heights and burn out all the cancerous reactionaries.

    Of course, they won't leave. They couldn't last 3 months without their government checks and medical coverage. They're all a bunch of paper tigers like this Vanderboegh guy that calls for assaults on congressional offices while my taxes put food in his mouth and clothes on his back.
  14. 29 Mar '10 12:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Construct a boat of some kind destined for Greenland. Its not like they have planes flying there, you must sail to it. Greenland, you may ask?. Why Greenland? First of all, no one lives there. Just plant a flag and start your own country. Secondly, it is the ONLY place on earth deviod of progressives/communists/socialists/Islamofacists. In other words, and the best of Mark Lavine on audio tape to give you inspiriation as well as a Bible.
    This scares the hell out of the free world. The motto of the USA of today seems to be: "If you don't have it, just go and get it! And make sure that others don't get it."
    Oil is one good example of that.
    Greenland is whodeys example.

    (And some wonder why US of A is not loved by everyone...? )
  15. 29 Mar '10 13:00
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This scares the hell out of the free world. The motto of the USA of today seems to be: "If you don't have it, just go and get it! And make sure that others don't get it."
    Oil is one good example of that.
    Greenland is whodeys example.

    (And some wonder why US of A is not loved by everyone...? )
    If you'll take whodey I'd be glad to give you Scandinavians Texas too! He probably can't find that on a map either.