Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 15:24
    Firing his lawyer, wants to represent himself, rant white nationalist crap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/03/18/new-zealand-shooter-suspect-fires-lawyer-wants-represent-himself/3199924002/
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 15:54
    @sonhouse said
    Firing his lawyer, wants to represent himself, rant white nationalist crap.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/03/18/new-zealand-shooter-suspect-fires-lawyer-wants-represent-himself/3199924002/
    Can't say I blame him. Trump proves that you can no longer confide in a lawyer cuz they will turn on ya.

But what real need is there for a trial? He video taped it and last time I checked admitted to it. Why not save the taxpayers some money on the leech of a lawyer that would be appointed for him?

Just hang him high.

Oh wait, NZ does not do that sort of thing. Never mind. I wonder if they will ever let him walk again or just kill his fellow prison mates who have darker skin.

They could treat him like Hannibal Lector and keep him in solitary till his dying day.

Yea, that sounds humane.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 16:39
    @whodey said
    Can't say I blame him. Trump proves that you can no longer confide in a lawyer cuz they will turn on ya.

But what real need is there for a trial? He video taped it and last time I checked admitted to it. Why not save the taxpayers some money on the leech of a lawyer that would be appointed for him?

Just hang him high.

Oh wait, NZ does not do that sort of thing. ...[text shortened]... at him like Hannibal Lector and keep him in solitary till his dying day.

Yea, that sounds humane.
    Do you think you should be able to trust a lawyer committing crimes on your behalf?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 16:42
    @kazetnagorra said
    Do you think you should be able to trust a lawyer committing crimes on your behalf?
    Everyone should have attorney client privilege no matter how guilty you may be.

Or do you disagree?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    18 Mar '19 16:48
    @whodey said
    Everyone should have attorney client privilege no matter how guilty you may be.

Or do you disagree?
    This isn't about attorney-client privilege, whodey. Attorney-client privilege doesn't mean a lawyer is immune from prosecution when committing a crime when asked by their client. Trump is not a victim for being caught red-handed having committed crimes, your bizarre insistence otherwise notwithstanding.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    20 Mar '19 18:17
    @kazetnagorra said
    This isn't about attorney-client privilege, whodey. Attorney-client privilege doesn't mean a lawyer is immune from prosecution when committing a crime when asked by their client. Trump is not a victim for being caught red-handed having committed crimes, your bizarre insistence otherwise notwithstanding.
    He will write ANYTHNG to protect his god Trump.