Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23120
    16 Jan '16 03:29
    https://www.facebook.com/LiberalsAreCool/photos/a.403260614804.181362.376185864804/10153864311844805/?type=3
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    11601
    16 Jan '16 03:56
    Originally posted by Phranny
    https://www.facebook.com/LiberalsAreCool/photos/a.403260614804.181362.376185864804/10153864311844805/?type=3
    So very,very true, now watch the self righteous, greedy, I earned it so it must be mine, selfish people attack this.
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    23120
    16 Jan '16 04:351 edit
    http://robertreich.org/post/134532590990

    PAUL RYAN’S 7 TERRIBLE IDEAS!
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13029
    16 Jan '16 21:20
    Originally posted by Phranny
    https://www.facebook.com/LiberalsAreCool/photos/a.403260614804.181362.376185864804/10153864311844805/?type=3
    I don't do facebook, but why can't a simple tax law be made so everyone with a 5th grade education can fill it out correctly without needing tax programs or lawyers to help make sure there is not something missed that might land them in prison or require a large paymemt of a fine?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    16 Jan '16 21:27
    When the government takes my money to give it to both the rich and the poor, it is theft.

    When the government takes my money and provides services put forth in the Constitution, then it is not theft.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    16 Jan '16 23:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    When the government takes my money to give it to both the rich and the poor, it is theft.

    When the government takes my money and provides services put forth in the Constitution, then it is not theft.
    when you are driving on roads build with someone else's money what is that?

    it's not your road, it's everybody's road. it's not your hospital, it's everybody's hospital.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13029
    17 Jan '16 01:07
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    when you are driving on roads build with someone else's money what is that?

    it's not your road, it's everybody's road. it's not your hospital, it's everybody's hospital.
    Who is complaining about the government paying for roads with tax dollars, you numbnuts?
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    17 Jan '16 01:10
    Originally posted by Phranny
    https://www.facebook.com/LiberalsAreCool/photos/a.403260614804.181362.376185864804/10153864311844805/?type=3
    In other news, trains are not soda.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13029
    17 Jan '16 01:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    when you are driving on roads build with someone else's money what is that?

    it's not your road, it's everybody's road. it's not your hospital, it's everybody's hospital.
    The government does not own all the hospitals here in America. Most of them are businesses that need to make a profit to survive to keep operating. 😏
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52853
    17 Jan '16 01:22
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The government does not own all the hospitals here in America. Most of them are businesses that need to make a profit to survive to keep operating. 😏
    All the more reason hospitals should be made non-profit paid by taxes. That way, everyone pays less for medicines and doctors visits.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    11601
    17 Jan '16 01:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The government does not own all the hospitals here in America. Most of them are businesses that need to make a profit to survive to keep operating. 😏
    It might be true that they need to make a profit, but I think you will find that profit before humanity has much potential for conflict in a humanitarian environment. It seems to me that ( by many posters here ) that profit has every right to be made regardless of the harm it may do to society. " Raw " uncontrolled capitalism, sick.
    .
    ------------- I have a vehement hatred for that disgusting attitude.--------------
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    13029
    17 Jan '16 01:591 edit
    Originally posted by jimmac
    It might be true that they need to make a profit, but I think you will find that profit before humanity has much potential for conflict in a humanitarian environment. It seems to me that ( by many posters here ) that profit has every right to be made regardless of the harm it may do to society. " Raw " uncontrolled capitalism, sick.
    .
    ------------- I have a vehement hatred for that disgusting attitude.--------------
    They have been making profits and saving lives and providing good medical care for many years before the government bureaucrats stuck their nose in. 😏
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    17 Jan '16 02:07
    Originally posted by Phranny
    https://www.facebook.com/LiberalsAreCool/photos/a.403260614804.181362.376185864804/10153864311844805/?type=3
    Phranny, All of the things listed as theft are enabled by government.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    17 Jan '16 02:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The government does not own all the hospitals here in America. Most of them are businesses that need to make a profit to survive to keep operating. 😏
    Even so called non profits must generate enough revenue to cover expenses. Not surprising, but a lot of people connected to non profits end up being rewarded when they show a profit. But when they lose, they beg government for support.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Joined
    21 Oct '06
    Moves
    2598
    17 Jan '16 02:16
    Originally posted by jimmac
    It might be true that they need to make a profit, but I think you will find that profit before humanity has much potential for conflict in a humanitarian environment. It seems to me that ( by many posters here ) that profit has every right to be made regardless of the harm it may do to society. " Raw " uncontrolled capitalism, sick.
    .
    ------------- I have a vehement hatred for that disgusting attitude.--------------
    Profits rarely harm anyone. Without the motive of profit, not much would get done. You would not drive a car, there would not be grocery stores. The profit motive is behind all of the good things a market economy makes possible.

    Before you condemn capitalism, think about the pre-capitalist world, and ask if you'd rather live then than now.
Back to Top