Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 11 Nov '10 18:23
    Without you we might not be able to have these crazy debates.
  2. 11 Nov '10 18:29
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Let our actions demonstrate that we have not forgotten their sacrifice. Bless them and all their families.
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    11 Nov '10 18:58 / 2 edits
    Yes...Thank You Veterans for doing an outstanding job. I deeply apologize for:

1. Your former President lying about weapons of mass destruction to justify ordering you to invade Iraq.

2. Your former President lying about Iraq being a threat to American security

3. Your former President leaving you in such horrid medical conditions back in the United States.

4. Your former President ordering you to invade the WRONG country after the 9/11 attacks.

5. Your former President not having the guts to show your Honored dead returning from Iraq, simply he belived it would cost him political points.

6. Your former Presidents political party using you in there photo op's, simply to win elections.

Yes...you did a fine job, despite being lied to by your own Government, and used as a political pawn. I hope and pray you will not be used this way again!:'(
  4. 11 Nov '10 19:19
    Do we really have to use this thread as another spring towards more arguments over Iraq?
  5. 11 Nov '10 20:05
    sorry about bill guys.

You did fine important work. People can debate the politics but never let it be said that your service did not save and improve the lives of many people. America is proud to call you her own.
  6. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    11 Nov '10 20:32
    Do we really have to use this thread as another spring towards more arguments over Iraq?
    oops...sorry....sometimes these little inconvienent truths slip out now and then.
  7. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    11 Nov '10 20:34
    Originally posted by highdraw
    sorry about bill guys.

You did fine important work. People can debate the politics but never let it be said that your service did not save and improve the lives of many people. America is proud to call you her own.
    yes indeed...if we just wave the flag enough all those needless deaths will somehow vanish. (we've got to sweep that stuff under the rug...shhhh)
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    11 Nov '10 20:39
    American girls
    and American guys
    We'll always stand up and salute
    We'll always...recognize
    When we see Old Glory flying
    There's a lot of men dead
    So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head.

Toby Keith
    Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wxhuy-GS28
  9. 11 Nov '10 20:48
    Bill there are many view points on why the U.S. went into this war. Many people are just as convinced it was a good thing as you are that it was a bad thing. Today and this thread are to honor those who without question put their lives at risk or on hold to answer the call of country.

Your backhanded thanks to the recent Veterans which you made to take an oppertunity to slap your country diminishes the personal commitment they made. Making it seem as if their service was not to be as esteemed as their Fathers who served in another era.

Please feel free to take your opinion in another thread. These service men and those before them would put their lives at risk for your right to do so. Don't shade them as others with opinions different then yours ....and those with the exact opinion as yours ...want to shine a light on them to thank them.
  10. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    12 Nov '10 00:42
    Bill there are many view points on why the U.S. went into this war. Many people are just as convinced it was a good thing as you are that it was a bad thing. Today and this thread are to honor those who without question put their lives at risk or on hold to answer the call of country.

Your backhanded thanks to the recent Veterans which you made to take ...[text shortened]... s ....and those with the exact opinion as yours ...want to shine a light on them to thank them.
    I deeply respect the job our honored veterans did. Just as much as there fathers before them. Bringing to light the lies that were told to justify sending our troops needlessly into harms way, is the best way I know to to honor our men and women in uniform. To see that are not placed in harms way again unless it's absolutly necessary. My backhanded slap at the liars that sent so many brave soldiers to there needless deaths only diminishes the liars...NOT the soldiers. I'm sorry if you can't see the difference.
  11. 12 Nov '10 01:01
    I understand your attempt. It might have been better to honor the Vets in this thread and take your opinions about another subject to a different thread....anyway Peace.
  12. 12 Nov '10 01:02
    I understand your attempt. It might have been better to honor the Vets in this thread and take your opinions about another subject to a different thread....anyway Peace.
  13. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    12 Nov '10 01:16
    ...and peace be to you sir.
  14. 12 Nov '10 09:53
    Why not?
    Both the American and British people were conned into backing the invasion of Iraq, with disastrous results for all, by a couple of liars.
  15. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    12 Nov '10 11:24

Your backhanded thanks to the recent Veterans which you made to take ...[text shortened]... s ....and those with the exact opinion as yours ...want to shine a light on them to thank them.
    Sorry to be pedantic, but calling it a 'war' is a strecth of the imagination. It was an invasion followed by an occupation.