Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 15:14
    ... are getting to be almost laughable. They continue to harass the most liberal mainstream major politician in the country. He tries his best to be polite and tolerant of these juvenile idiots, but to no avail.

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/raw-video-activists-disrupt-rally-featuring-sen/vDYQxq/

If I weren't rooting for Sanders to knock off Hillary in the primaries, I'd just laugh.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 15:181 edit
    On redditor commented:

I was at the event today. I really wish that someone would post the entirety of the disruption. It was worse than you think.

The women accosting and shouting down organizers, even when they are attempting to communicate with them.

Immediately once the mic was ceded to her, she starts with "I'll wait until this crowd is completely silent before I begin."

Calls the crowd "liberal white supremacists".

After initial rant, demands 4 and a half minutes of silence for Mike Brown. Does not start keeping track of time until she is satisfied with the level of quiet.

-After the crowd gives them the silence addition to listening to her first rant Bernie is started to be welcomed back on stage. At this point while off the mic they continue yelling while he is being reintroduced; thus keeping him from even beginning.

Here is a video that I haven't seen in the media/comments much. It's when they actually started the whole thing. You be the judge.

http://youtu.be/Ooe_n7K_P_s

http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/3gb7mg/black_lives_matter_protester_yells_at_bernie/

YouTube

Unbelievable.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 15:28
    Watching the video I can indeed tell that these are all Americans.

"Would you like some mayonaise with your mayonaise?"
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 15:39
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Watching the video I can indeed tell that these are all Americans.

"Would you like some mayonaise with your mayonaise?"
    Ironically, of the fat people in the video, all were black. The only white people: the moderator and Sanders himself, are fit.

The disparity is well documented.

http://stateofobesity.org/disparities/blacks/

Probably just another form of subtle racism.
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 17:08
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ironically, of the fat people in the video, all were black. The only white people: the moderator and Sanders himself, are fit.

I'd wager my left toe and say that there is also a relationship between obesity and being poor.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 17:23
    ... are getting to be almost laughable. They continue to harass the most liberal mainstream major politician in the country. He tries his best to be polite and tolerant of these juvenile idiots, but to no avail.

http://www.kirotv.com/videos/news/raw-video-activists-disrupt-rally-featuring-sen/vDYQxq/

If I weren't rooting for Sanders to knock off Hillary in the primaries, I'd just laugh.
    (Shrug) Bernie conducted himself well. It wasn't his event but one marking the 80th anniversary of the establishment of Social Security at which he was invited to speak. If the organizers could not maintain sufficient order to allow him to deliver his remarks, then he correctly left without causing a giant scene that would have only played to the extremists. He had a later scheduled event where he spoke to over 12,000 at the University of Washington and will give a speech at the home of the Portland Trailblazers tonight where a similar or larger crowd is expected. http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2015/08/08/black-lives-matter-activists-disrupt-bernie-sanders-speech
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 17:32
    I'd wager my left toe and say that there is also a relationship between obesity and being poor.
    there is. your toe is safe
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 17:584 edits

At the same, blacks excel at sports to the point that America's greatest athletes are all black: Ali, Tyson (boxing), Wilt Chamberlain, Jordan (basketball), Jesse Owens, Michael Johnson (track & field), Tiger Woods (golf), Jackie Robinson, Barry Bonds (baseball), Jim Brown, Jerry Rice (football), Bo Jackson, Dion Sanders (baseball and football)...all have been considered either the best of their time, or the greatest of all time in their respective sports.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:101 edit
    That's why the super rich are called fat cats.

When I was thinner, I was poorer. As a matter of fact I've seen some very poor kids who are very thin. They say they have nothing to eat at home. Many times these kids have druggie parents.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:20
    Originally posted by Eladar
    That's why the super rich are called fat cats.

When I was thinner, I was poorer. As a matter of fact I've seen some very poor kids who are very thin. They say they have nothing to eat at home. Many times these kids have druggie parents.
    That's a fascinating anecdote. Thx4thatm8.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:311 edit
    That's a fascinating anecdote. Thx4thatm8.
    Hey no problem.

I know that it is difficult to believe, but it is possible to be able to afford enough food that one becomes fat. Of course having a stressful job (yes people actually have jobs in the US) leads to some people becoming fat.

I can understand how a European who lives with European food prices and the European job market might not understand how one could buy food and have money left over.

I'm sure it is very difficult to be fat in Europe.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:36
    Hey no problem.

I know that it is difficult to believe, but it is possible to be able to afford enough food that one becomes fat. Of course having a stressful job (yes people actually have jobs in the US) leads to some people becoming fat.

I can understand how a European who lives with European food prices and the European job market might not understand how one could buy food and have money left over.
    True. I spend every single euro that I make on bread and water. Once every 2 months I treat myself to one half of a chicken leg. That's always a feast!

It's hell here. But we manage. The lord of our mansion makes sure we have just enough money to get by.

But only just!
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:39
    Hey no problem.

I can understand how a European who lives with European food prices and the European job market might not understa ...[text shortened]... e could buy food and have money left over.

I'm sure it is very difficult to be fat in Europe.
    That edit. You had posted your original post and then you thought: ah, darn it, I have this fantastic zinger! Must add it. GKR will be blown away by my wit.

Well, you're right of course. Europe is basically one big poor house. Not enough food to get fat.

No sirree!

Let's us hope that eventually we become more like the great America.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:44
    That edit. You had posted your original post and then you thought: ah, darn it, I have this fantastic zinger! Must add it. GKR will be blown away by my wit.

Well, you're right of course. Europe is basically one big poor house. Not enough food to get fat.

No sirree!

Let's us hope that eventually we become more like the great America.
    For the most part Europe is one big poor house, but since everyone is poor no one complains.

If no one can afford a car then why complain about fuel prices? If no one can afford much food, then it is only natural to go without. Why complain?
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    09 Aug '15 18:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    At the same, blacks excel at sports to the point that America's greatest athletes are all black: Ali, Tyson (boxing), Wilt Chamberlain, Jordan (basketball), Jesse Owens, Michael Johnson (track & field), Tiger Woods (golf), Jackie Robinson, Barry Bonds (baseball), Jim Brown, Jerry Rice (football), Bo Jackson, Dion Sanders (baseball and football)...all have ...[text shortened]... nsidered either the best of their time, or the greatest of all time in their respective sports.
    At the same, America's greatest athletes are all black -vivify

Tyson was not ever the greatest American boxer of all time not even close.

Ali I would rank as one of the greats. Not the greatest IMO as he and Howard Cosell liked to claim.

Tiger Woods, not black. Woods refers to his ethnicity as "Cablinasian". Cablinasian is a combination of the words caucasion, black, Indian (Native American) and Asian.

Dion Sanders ? What?! Bo Jackson ? How about Jim Thorpe ? Maybe you never heard of him.

Barry Bonds ? This is becoming laughable.

Michael Phelps ? Never heard of him either ? Or do you consider swimmers not athletes ?

I will agree w/you on Wilt and Jim Brown though.

However, your claim was " Americas greatest athletes are all black"