Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. the forest
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 15:371 edit
    why does british society put up with this lifestyle ?

i have viewed their activities and lifestyle for a few years and can find no reason why they are tolerated.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 15:39
    Did you have a final solution in mind?
  3. the forest
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 15:41
    @KazetNagorra

well, for one, the truancy laws. should not their children be educated in the schools.

for another, is their not a law against littering ? they dump their trash all the time.
    i mean if you are going to allow the travelers to dump trash with impunity then why police the rest of british society for this soiling of the landscape ?
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 15:48
    @mister-moggy said
    @KazetNagorra

well, for one, the truancy laws. should not their children be educated in the schools.

for another, is their not a law against littering ? they dump their trash all the time.
    i mean if you are going to allow the travelers to dump trash with impunity then why police the rest of british society for this soiling of the landscape ?
    Europeans are generally more tolerant of those with alternative lifestyles.
  5. the forest
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 15:56
    @mchill

dirt and illiteracy are not "alternative lifestyles", they are dirt and illiteracy.

"stupid is as stupid does" to quote a movie.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 19:03
    @mister-moggy said
    @KazetNagorra

Traveler children have to be schooled same as any other children.
    Some travelling communities provide "home schooling" others
    register their children with local schools. Of course the law is
    difficult to administer as they cross LEA boundaries.
  7. the forest
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 20:13
    @wolfgang59

oh, i am sure there is registration for school and "home schooling" is sometimes a charade.

i have litttle doubt they actually attend school and that the adults spend a few hour a day teaching children.
    please !
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 20:22
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Travellers
  9. the forest
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 22:10
    when you see documentaries, news videos on british gypsy funerals, etc., you see people who obviously do not have jobs yet can afford new looking motor homes, nice cars, cell phones, etc.

just where do you think they get the money for this ?

in farming communities there is occassional field work but that kind of cheap labor from time to time does not purchase nice looking motor homes and nice cars.
  10. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Latvia
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 22:49
    @kazetnagorra said
    Did you have a final solution in mind?
    My advice would be to slow down slightly when you pull the gun from the holster and then speed up radiply once barrel has cleared the sleeve.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 22:59
    @mister-moggy said
    @KazetNagorra

If they are 'travelers' they may dump shyte at one location but then they are gone off to someplace else so any one place only gets some trash if that holds up.

Sounds to me more like you just hate gypsies AND their free lifestyle.

I knew some here in the US and they were characters for sure.
    But I wouldn't stop their way of life. They want to be free and I don't blame them.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 00:04
    @mister-moggy said
    @wolfgang59

oh, i am sure there is registration for school and "home schooling" is sometimes a charade.

i have litttle doubt they actually attend school and that the adults spend a few hour a day teaching children.
    please !
    How many travelers have you had enrolled at the school where you teach?

And home-schooling is strictly monitored.

As I said before the problem is one of jurisdiction as they pass
    from one Local Education Authority to another - and sure some
    may well seek to deceive the system - as do non-travelers.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 00:16
    @wolfgang59

a marked decrease in the abuse of ellippsis since our chat, good to see.
  14. the forest
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 12:24
    ....as reported today in the austrailian version of the daily mail...

"One of the 'gypsy' Brits accused of terrorising New Zealand is wanted by police after skipping a court date for a string of charges.

The unnamed man is charged with assault and reckless driving at a beach his family is accused of trashing, and with dishonestly using a document.

The 26-year-old was supposed to face Auckland District Court on Tuesday to change his bail address after being released on Friday.

However, he was nowhere to be found and a warrant was issued for his arrest. "
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 12:281 edit
    @mister-moggy said
    ....as reported today in the austrailian version of the daily mail...

"One of the 'gypsy' Brits accused of terrorising New Zealand is wanted by police after skipping a court date for a string of charges.

The unnamed man is charged with assault and reckless driving at a beach his family is accused of trashing, and with dishonestly using a document.

The 26-year- ...[text shortened]... eleased on Friday.

However, he was nowhere to be found and a warrant was issued for his arrest. "
    Of course that kind of thing NEVER happens to the blue blood Aussies does it.
    This is like Trump pointing out the one case of an illegal immigrant killing a cop and he goes, SEE, I TOLD YOU SO, ALL THOSE DIRTY MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS AND KILLERS......