Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 11:38
    Saltine, Graham, Oyster, or even that perpetually-offended white dude down the street who seems to think his life is worse than everyone else's.

Discuss.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    11 May '18 11:54
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Saltine, Graham, Oyster, or even that perpetually-offended white dude down the street who seems to think his life is worse than everyone else's.

Discuss.
    take your racism and stick it where the sun doesn't shine!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 13:421 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    take your racism and stick it where the sun doesn't shine!
    Is it as racist as "nigger"?

Crackers probably think so.

You know, the most mistreated race on the planet, poor white people.

Buncha freakin' crybabies, if ya ask me.
  4. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 14:15
    Is it as racist as "nigger"?

Crackers probably think so.

You know, the most mistreated race on the planet, poor white people.

Buncha freakin' crybabies, if ya ask me.
    So you feel it is OK to be racist towards white people because you believe other groups suffer more? A more enlightened view would be that you should not target racial insults towards any groups.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 May '18 14:18
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    So you feel it is OK to be racist towards white people because you believe other groups suffer more? A more enlightened view would be that you should not target racial insults towards any groups.
    Copulate off you duck-sounding mire of steer faeces.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 May '18 16:00
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Copulate off you duck-sounding mire of steer faeces.
    A mindless defense of the right to insult the majority.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 20:11
    Originally posted by @quackquack
    "Cracker", as a racial insult, is pretty damned weak.

It means practically nothing.

You KKK crybabies know that, but still, you gotta find something to be "inflamed" about.

Like I said, weak.
  8. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 May '18 20:293 edits

Discuss.

You KKK crybabies know that, but still, you gotta find something to be "inflamed" about.

Like I said, weak.

Suzianne - I don't often agree with Mott, but he makes a legitimate point here, racist name calling has no place in a civilized society, no matter who it's directed at. Maybe we should all be mindful of this. 🙂
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 May '18 21:124 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill to Suzianne

Like I said, weak.

Suzianne - I don't often agree with Mott, but he makes a legitimate point here, racist name calling has no place in a civilized society, no matter who it's directed at. Maybe we should all be mindful of this. 🙂
    I often have strongly criticized Suzianne, and I have no personal motive to defend her.
    But I prefer to write according to the merits of an issue, not according to tribal solidarity.

"Racist name calling has no place in a civilized society ..."
    --Mchill (to Suzianne, who responded to Mott-the-Hoopie)

That's NOT the issue that Suzianne apparently attempts to bring up.
    Suzianne has not argued in favor of encouraging 'racist name-calling'.

The difference (which Mchill apparently misunderstands at best) is that Mchill (who has
    claimed or implied that white men are the most oppressed group in the USA) agrees
    with his fellow racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie that 'cracker' must be an extremely offensive
    slur against all white people, and Suzianne disputes that it's that much of an offensive slur.
    As far as I can infer, Suzianne may dispute that 'cracker' constitutes 'racist name-calling'.

The objective linguistic evidence (which I already have cited several times in earlier thread)
    seems to support Suzianne. 'Cracker' is far less offensive than some racial/ethnic slurs
    used by some white writers here against various non-white peoples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

"Cracker, sometimes white cracker or "cracka", is a colloquial term for white people,[1]
    used especially for poor rural whites in the Southern United States. It is also at times
    used indiscriminately and pejoratively against any person of white background.
    However, it is sometimes used in a neutral or positive context or self-descriptively with
    pride in reference to a native of Florida or Georgia ..."
    --Wikipedia

As far as I can tell, 'cracker' may be a mildly pejorative term for white people in some contexts,
    but it's far from the extremely offensive term for all white people in every context, which
    has been claimed by several racist trolls (apparent white racial supremacists) in this forum.
    Some extremely dishonest racist white people here want to make to equate 'cracker'
    with as offensive a term as the 'N-word', and that's wrong--linguistically and morally.

That said, I personally prefer to avoid using 'cracker' and don't recall ever doing so.
    But I shall not condemn using 'cracker' as harshly as using some other terms.

Given his record of abuse, the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie's far from a champion of decency in anything.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '18 21:12
    Originally posted by @mchill

Like I said, weak.

A racist insult means practically nothing?

What makes it mean something?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 May '18 21:42
  12. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 May '18 22:46
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    I often have strongly criticized Suzianne, and I have no personal motive to defend her.
    But I prefer to write according to the merits of an issue, not according to tribal solidarity.

"Racist name calling has no place in a civilized society ..."
    --Mchill (to Suzianne, who responded to Mott-the-Hoopie)

That's NOT the issue that Suzianne apparently ...[text shortened]... record of abuse, the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie's far from a champion of decency in anything.
    Thank You "Suzianne" for your unsolicited opinion.

😴
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 23:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    A racist insult means practically nothing?

What makes it mean something?
    Do you actually need a history lesson?

Considering your apparently ephemeral grip on reality, it appears that you do.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 May '18 23:48
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Thank You "Suzianne" for your unsolicited opinion.

😴
    I'm sorry, but I must object to you giving her my name. She's not me. And while the greater insult (to me) might be calling me by her name, I'm not her, either.

And while not racist in tone, you'd be well-advised to not insult two people at once by conflating their names. There's quite enough enmity between us as it is. I don't appreciate you stirring that pot in my thread, which has a far different agenda, which I would not like to see diminished by issues that are well beside the point.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    12 May '18 00:12
    I'm sorry, but I must object to you giving her my name. She's not me. And while the greater insult (to me) might be calling me by her name, I'm not her, either.

And while not racist in tone, you'd be well-advised to not insult two people at once by conflating their names. There's quite enough enmity between us as it is. I don't appreciate you stirri ...[text shortened]... erent agenda, which I would not like to see diminished by issues that are well beside the point.
    the power of an insult is determined by the insultee...hence, there is no specific word to insult a white conservative.