Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 11 Mar '10 13:23
    Again is the criminal state of Israel criticized for its illegal actions. When will they ever learn?
  2. 11 Mar '10 13:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Again is the criminal state of Israel criticized for its illegal actions. When will they ever learn?
    They are a law unto themselves.
  3. 11 Mar '10 14:07
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    They are a law unto themselves.
    Right. They do as they want. As all criminals do.
  4. 11 Mar '10 14:24
    Right. They do as they want. As all criminals do.
    yes, irrespective of the consequences, irrespective of law, yes, i think we agree on something after all Fabian.
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Mar '10 14:55
    Right.

In the last day or so (all of these copied and pasted from news wire stories on the net):

- Myanmar's military government on Thursday officially annulled the results of the country's 1990 general election, a poll it chose to ignore at the time when the main opposition party won by a landslide.

- Militants have attacked the office of a Western aid agency in north-western Pakistan, killing six people

- Chinese government has increased security across parts of the vast Tibetan plateau to dissuade any Tibetans from holding protests this week

- More than 20 civilians have been killed in a second day of intense fighting between Somali government troops and opposition forces in the capital Mogadishu.

(among countless other deadly and rights-suppressing actions taken by governments and quasi-government organizations during that span)

But, of course, all you can think to do is once again call Israel a "criminal state" because it announced plans to build a few new houses in a pre-existing community.

And, please, don't bother claiming that there's nothing to "debate" in those other stories; as your OP makes clear you're not "debating" anything either. All you're doing is trying to be provocative with a mind-numbingly simplistic sweeping generalization with no discussion, no analysis, no thought and no insight of any kind whatsoever.

In other news:

Fabianfnas criticized for his post. When will he ever learn?
  6. 11 Mar '10 14:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    - Myanmar's military government on Thursday officially annulled the results of the country's 1990 general election, a poll it chose to ignore at the time when the main opposition party won by a landslide.

- Militants have attacked the office of a Western aid agency in north-western Pakistan, killing six people

- Chinese government has increased securit ...[text shortened]... ighting between Somali government troops and opposition forces in the capital Mogadishu.

I didn't know that Israel had anything to do with this. But if you say so...

I'm glad that you agree that Israel is a criminal state. You didn't debate that.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Mar '10 15:13

I'm glad that you agree that Israel is a criminal state. You didn't debate that.
    Okay, I'll debate it.

Israel is not a criminal state.

(not that I have any idea what a "criminal state" even means; but it sounds nice and clicheic)
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    11 Mar '10 16:30
    Right.

In the last day or so (all of these copied and pasted from news wire stories on the net):

[i]- Myanmar's military government on Thursday officially annulled the results of the country's 1990 general election, a poll it chose to ignore at the time when the main opposition party won by a landslide.

- Militants have attacked the office of a Western ...[text shortened]... n other news:

[b]Fabianfnas criticized for his post. When will he ever learn?
    [/b]
    pwned
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    11 Mar '10 16:30

I didn't know this thread had anything to do with debates.
  10. 11 Mar '10 16:37
    not that I have any idea what a "criminal state" even means; but it sounds nice
    It sounds nice?
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Mar '10 16:44
    Originally posted by Jigtie
    It sounds
    It sounds?

Communication on this message board is based on sight, not sound.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    11 Mar '10 16:47
    It sounds?

pwned x2
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Mar '10 16:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    pwned x2
  14. 11 Mar '10 16:59
    It sounds?

(not that I have any idea what a "criminal state" even means; but it sounds nice and clicheic)

Seriously though. You really think "criminal state" sounds nice? Furthermore, you really think clicheic
    phrases sound nice? Personally, I find them tedious.
  15. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Mar '10 16:59
    Oh. A criminal State is one which bombs little children, burning them alive in their mother's arms.