Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 29 Aug '14 14:30
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-day-ferguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.
    Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.
  2. 29 Aug '14 21:22
    Ya, and the video of the thug we have all seen was faked,, by the way, that was not shoplifting, it was robbery...
    This kid is being portrayed just like Teyvon Martin was, and he was a thug as well... ya the truth hurts.
    Funny how quickly the face book pictures came down, but I saved the best one for later.. yes he was a thug, who had just robbed a convenience store
    How many of us whites rioted after Oj Simpson was acquitted for Killing the white woman and white man? heck, I don't recall one incident.. and ya OJ did kill them, news flash.
  3. 29 Aug '14 21:30
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/15/the-day-ferguson-cops-were-caught-in-a-bloody-lie.html

The officers got the wrong man, but charged him anyway—with getting his blood on their uniforms. How the Ferguson PD ran the town where Michael Brown was gunned down.
    Police in Ferguson, Missouri, once charged a man with destruction of property for bleeding on their uniforms while four of them allegedly beat him.
    Congratulations on surpassing the infamous FMF thread accusing Sanford, FL police of not investigating the Treyvon Martin case.

You may well know, or should, that I don't always take the side of police, and will not in the present case, but give investigators a chance, and remember the American presumption of innocence until guilt is proven.
  4. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    29 Aug '14 22:32
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Congratulations on surpassing the infamous FMF thread accusing Sanford, FL police of not investigating the Treyvon Martin case.

You may well know, or should, that I don't always take the side of police, and will not in the present case, but give investigators a chance, and remember the American presumption of innocence until guilt is proven.
    The Police are right in the overwhelming majority of cases.
  5. 29 Aug '14 22:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Police are right in the overwhelming majority of cases.
    Absolutely true, and that doing a terribly difficult if not impossible job. If or when they are wrong, I will strongly protest, as I did when California cops burned out one of their own who had gone wrong.
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    30 Aug '14 03:11
    Absolutely true, and that doing a terribly difficult if not impossible job. If or when they are wrong, I will strongly protest, as I did when California cops burned out one of their own who had gone wrong.
    Michael Brown clearly showed a disrespect for law and order and that is what got him killed, not racism, in my opinion.
  7. 31 Aug '14 01:36
    Michael Brown clearly showed a disrespect for law and order and that is what got him killed, not racism, in my opinion.
    so the penalty for disrespecting police officers is death? wilson was judge, jury and executioner? brown got what it was coming to him?
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    31 Aug '14 05:08 / 3 edits
    so the penalty for disrespecting police officers is death? wilson was judge, jury and executioner? brown got what it was coming to him?
    I don't know if Brown got what was coming to him or not. But if he and his friend had not been walking down the middle of the street, he would have probably gotten away with the robbery. That certainly was not what he deserved. His 21 year old friend that was walking down the street with him did not get shot to death and he was black too. Why was that?

I think it was because he had been in trouble with the law before and he had gained a little more respect for the police than the 18 year old thug.
  9. 31 Aug '14 23:09
    I don't know if Brown got what was coming to him or not. But if he and his friend had not been walking down the middle of the street, he would have probably gotten away with the robbery. That certainly was not what he deserved. His 21 year old friend that was walking down the street with him did not get shot to death and he was black too. Why was that?
    ...[text shortened]... the law before and he had gained a little more respect for the police than the 18 year old thug.
    do you have any second of shame inventing such nonsense? or do you do klan propaganda?
  10. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    01 Sep '14 05:59
    do you have any second of shame inventing such nonsense? or do you do klan propaganda?
    I am going by what I heard on the news. I watched the Police Chief say to the News organizations that the Police Officer confronted Brown and his friend, because they were walking down the middle of the street obstructing normal traffic flow.

Nothing happened to the friend, but apparently Brown did not respect the Police Officer enough to just comply to the Police Officers request. This escalated to the point that Brown was shot to death. The court will have to decide, if the Police Officer went too far by using deadly force.

Anyone with common sense should see that Brown must have brought on the deadly confrontation that had nothing to do with race, because his friend was also Black and he didn't receive a scratch. However, it is rumored that the Police Officer received a fractured eye socket as a result of the confrontation.
  11. 01 Sep '14 07:40
    I am going by what I heard on the news. I watched the Police Chief say to the News organizations that the Police Officer confronted Brown and his friend, because they were walking down the middle of the street obstructing normal traffic flow.

Nothing happened to the friend, but apparently Brown did not respect the Police Officer enough to just comply to ...[text shortened]... umored that the Police Officer received a fractured eye socket as a result of the confrontation.
    the police hasn't filed an incident report for 12 days.
    wilson is nowhere to be found so we see exactly how brown "resisted" the law.
    the cop was in his car, do you have reason to believe brown was so insane as to charge a cop in his car?
    what cause did the cop have for stopping brown in the first place.
    you again bring up "respect da law", do you still think that death is the penalty for disrespecting the law?

try getting your news from different sources instead of eating up the racist crap fox is feeding you.

"Nothing happened to the friend"
    because he ran away.

"Anyone with common sense should see that Brown must have brought on the deadly confrontation that had nothing to do with race, because his friend was also Black and he didn't receive a scratch. However, it is rumored that the Police Officer received a fractured eye socket as a result of the confrontation."
    wow, so much wrong with this paragraph.

first of all, common sense is what you say your side of the debate has and the other side lacks. it is meaningless. try basing your statements from more sources. research. inform yourself. i know it is hard but try.
    his friend ran away, that is why he didn't receive a scratch, otherwise he would have been a witness and we would have heard about him.

about the rumor that wilson received a fractured eye socket: there is a rumor that brown received 6 bullet wounds, 2 of those in his skull. oh wait that is not a rumor, that is fact, there were 2 autopsies. the eye socket is rumor because we don't know where wilson is, there was no incident report, no doctor examined wilson, we didn't see wilson after the incident.

get the difference between rumor and fact?
  12. 01 Sep '14 20:07
    It looks that way to me as well, but I truly think that everyone should wait and not make any decision before all the facts are known. Especially true if you live in Romania, and don't know a damned thing about what actually happens in the US.
  13. 01 Sep '14 21:45
    It looks that way to me as well, but I truly think that everyone should wait and not make any decision before all the facts are known. Especially true if you live in Romania, and don't know a damned thing about what actually happens in the US.
    one living in romania knows a lot more than a fox news watching american drone.

i have access to the same internet as you. the difference is that mine is provided by someone less embarrassing than comcast and i take my news from numerous different sources before forming an opinion. not just the first that would agree with my prejudices
  14. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    01 Sep '14 23:22
    Doesn't hold Americans back - not knowing a damned thing.
  15. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    02 Sep '14 02:55
    the police hasn't filed an incident report for 12 days.
    wilson is nowhere to be found so we see exactly how brown "resisted" the law.
    the cop was in his car, do you have reason to believe brown was so insane as to charge a cop in his car?
    what cause did the cop have for stopping brown in the first place.
    you again bring up "respect da law", do you sti ...[text shortened]... wilson, we didn't see wilson after the incident.

get the difference between rumor and fact?
    You are a very funny guy. You make me laugh with your argument about disrespecting the law.

I believe it will be better for us to just wait and see what facts come out in the court.