Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 01:46
    The Democrats’ real strategy in launching recounts
    By Richard Baehr

The recount in Wisconsin, and the coming ones in Michigan and Pennsylvania will not change the outcomes in any of the states. No recount ever changes thousands of votes. I do not think that is the purpose.

The recounts, if done by hand, which can be demanded, may take longer than the last day for completing the official counts in a state and directing Electoral College voters. If all 3 states miss the deadline, Trump is at 260, Hillary at 232. No one hits 270.

Then this goes to Congress, where the House voting 1 vote per state elects Trump, and Senate selects Pence. This would be first time Pthis happened since 1824, but in that case, John Quincy Adams won in the House, though he had fewer electoral college votes than Andrew Jackson.

If this goes to the US House and Senate, and the result is the same as result from the Electoral College without the recounts, why do it? The answer is to make Trump seem even more illegitimate, that he did not win the popular vote (he lost by over 2.1 million), he did not win the Electoral College (did not reach 270), and was elected by being inserted into the presidency by members of his own party in Congress.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/11/the_democrats_real_strategy_in_launching_recounts.html
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 01:49
    What ever happened to Hillary's purple dress?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 01:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    What ever happened to Hillary's purple dress?
    Since when does Hillary wear a dress?
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 02:33
    It would make Trump beholding to the establishment Republicans who put him there.

Something to hold against him in negotiations.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 02:408 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    By Richard Baehr

The recount in Wisconsin, and the coming ones in Michigan and Pennsylvania will not change the outcomes in any of the states. No recount ever changes thousands of votes. I do not think that is the purpose.

The recounts, if done by hand, which can be demanded, may take longer tha ...[text shortened]... tp://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/11/the_democrats_real_strategy_in_launching_recounts.html
    I don't think these recounts will have much effect either, nevertheless Democrats have a right to do so if they wish. As far as "making Trump seem even more illegitimate" I wouldn't throw too many stones in this direction. Remember the birthers? Consider there are still tens of millions of Republicans who publicly declare President Obama is a Kenyan Muslim, even though he released his birth certificate which was examined under a microscope and found to be genuine, won the popular AND electoral votes by fairly comfortable margins in 2008 and 2012. Compare this to Donald Trump who lost the election by about 2 million votes, but was elected President only by way of the electoral college. So you tell me: Which President is more "legitimate??"
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 10:43
    Originally posted by vivify
    Since when does Hillary wear a dress?
    What a bigoted thing to say. Transsexuals can wear a dress if they like.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 11:01
    This just drives home what I've always thought of the Clintons. I was initially impressed when she wore her purple dress and tried to bring together the country, but all of that is now gone.

She has no class whatsoever. She is the same old vengeful, hateful, entitled twat the country hates.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 11:102 edits
    Whatever happened to the Hillary who said in the debate that she would respect the election results? I thought that questioning them was a "direct threat to our democracy". as Hillary put it.

Oh, but I guess that was when all her friends at CNN reported she had a 20 point lead on Trump. LOL.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 12:14
    By Richard Baehr

The recount in Wisconsin, and the coming ones in Michigan and Pennsylvania will not change the outcomes in any of the states. No recount ever changes thousands of votes.
    Is he claiming that the report that thousands of votes have already been changed before the recount even started is a 'fake news' report, or is he ignorant of current events, or is he flat out lying?
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 14:162 edits
    Hillary demands a vote recount... except in states
    she barely won. Apparently, those were accurately
    tabulated.
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 14:19
    It's funny how the poplar vote did not matter when Hillary won the primary...
  12. Germany
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 15:33
    tabulated.
    Clearly even those states should have gone to Trump, if what he says about those millions of illegal immigrants is voting is true. And it must be true, I mean, there's no way that an American President-Elect would be peddling ludicrous conspiracy theories on Twitter, right?
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 16:30
    tabulated.
    No, there is simply no reason to ask for a recount where you have won. It is Trumps job to pay for a recount in those states if he believes the counts are wrong.
    Do you believe the counts are wrong? Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 16:30
    It's funny how the poplar vote did not matter when Hillary won the primary...
    Its funny that you think it didn't matter.