Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 Mar '19 22:21
    YouTube

The hypocrites who are calling her anti-semite for daring to criticize Israel need to be primary-ed. If you are such a spineless coward that you would deny someone their right to free speech because you think it looks good to your voters, you are unfit to manage a shift at a McDonalds, let alone be a senator.

Ilhan Omar has been called "filth". Ilhan omar has been likened to a 9/11 terrorist. Ilhan Omar has been called a hypocrite. Ilhan Omar has been called anti-semite.

The people who vote in the next election need to find the list of all these gutless cowards and vote them out. Teach them what integrity means.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 01:281 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9zpHjv2gU

The hypocrites who are calling her anti-semite for daring to criticize Israel need to be primary-ed. If you are such a spineless coward that you would deny someone their right to free speech because you think it looks good to your voters, you are unfit to manage a shift at a McDonalds, let alone be a senator.

Ilhan Omar has ...[text shortened]... ed to find the list of all these gutless cowards and vote them out. Teach them what integrity means.
    Strongly criticizing Israel tends to be regarded as more offensive and morally wrong
    in US politics than declaring support for white racial supremacists.

While Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez may encounter some bigotry because she's a Latina,
    it's mild when compared to the raging hatred against the two Muslim women in Congress.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 02:561 edit
    @zahlanzi said
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9zpHjv2gU

Ilhan Omar has ...[text shortened]... ed to find the list of all these gutless cowards and vote them out. Teach them what integrity means.
    The hypocrites who are calling her anti-semite for daring to criticize Israel need to be primary-ed.

That's your opinion. Frankly I don't care one way or the other about what Ilhan Omar or her critics have to say. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they don't need to be primary-ed for simply expressing themselves.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 07:57
    @mchill said
    The hypocrites who are calling her anti-semite for daring to criticize Israel need to be primary-ed.

That's your opinion. Frankly I don't care one way or the other about what Ilhan Omar or her critics have to say. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they don't need to be primary-ed for simply expressing themselves.
    " Frankly I don't care one way or the other about what Ilhan Omar or her critics have to say."
    No, why should you. It's not your problem when muslims are viciously attacked for being muslims.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they don't need to be primary-ed for simply expressing themselves."
    Damn this is dumb. "Expressing oneself" means singing badly in a karaoke bar. It doesn't mean attacking a person on the basis of their religion and to score political points. They need to be primaried precisely to send a message that their constituents don't share their views.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 19:421 edit
    https://twitter.com/RashidaTlaib/status/1103138858374451200?s=19

Ilhan Omar to Rashida Tlaib: "I survived war, i can survive this"

This should be the future of the democrats. The party must unite, yes, but around AOC, Tlaib, Omar, Rho Khana, etc. With Sanders as president.
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 20:02
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/feb/16/democratic-party-elites-silence-ilhan-omar

"Democratic party elites silence Ilhan Omar at their peril"
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Mar '19 20:05
    @zahlanzi said
    " Frankly I don't care one way or the other about what Ilhan Omar or her critics have to say."
    No, why should you. It's not your problem when muslims are viciously attacked for being muslims.

"Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and they don't need to be primary-ed for simply expressing themselves."
    Damn this is dumb. "Expressing oneself" means singing badly in a k ...[text shortened]... ey need to be primaried precisely to send a message that their constituents don't share their views.
    (Zahlanzi replied to Mchill.)

'Leading' Democratic politicians are attempting to ostracize and silence Ilhan Omar
    for daring to criticize Israel, the pro-Israeli lobby, or the USA's extreme support for Israel.
    These Democratic politicians have NOT attempted to be nearly as harsh toward the
    politicians who show extreme anti-Muslim or anti-Arab bigotry or, indeed, sympathy
    for white racial supremacists.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 01:28
    Democracts who haven't lost their damn minds:
    YouTube
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 01:52
    @Zahlanzi
    I agree, it wasn't anti-semitic to criticize a government. It would have been if she had said, those damn jews need to be killed or some such. It was a political statement and is in fact covered by freedom of speech.
    The attacks on HER are anti-Muslim, rants against an individual. Posting 9/11 photos of the falling towers with her in the photo is uncalled for and offensive. We should be better than that.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 02:10
    @sonhouse said
    @Zahlanzi
    I agree, it wasn't anti-semitic to criticize a government. It would have been if she had said, those damn jews need to be killed or some such. It was a political statement and is in fact covered by freedom of speech.
    The attacks on HER are anti-Muslim, rants against an individual. Posting 9/11 photos of the falling towers with her in the photo is uncalled for and offensive. We should be better than that.
    Dear God in heaven, the chimps are eating themselves.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 05:18
    @sonhouse said
    @Zahlanzi
    As I’ve pointed out in another thread:
    There’s an “international” definition of antisemitism. And the US has signed up to it (as well as France).

And in that definition you are now allowed to question Israel.

So, technically, the democrats are correct in calling this person an antisemite.

And until everyone pulls their heads out their poopholes, this madness is only going to escalate.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 09:51
    https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1103410824863858689?s=19

Bernie Sanders is, i think, so far, the only pres candidate to speak up against the disgusting treatment of Omar
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '19 09:55
    @shavixmir said
    There’s an “international” definition of antisemitism. And the US has signed up to it (as well as France).

So, technically, the democrats are correct in calling this person an antisemite.

And until everyone pulls their heads out their poopholes, this madness is only going to escalate.
    link to that "international" definition of antisemitism? The exact wording.
  14. Alabama
    Moves
    08 Mar '19 02:11
    @shavixmir said

I see a Somali Anti-Semite Muslim as the new co-leader of the Democratic Party. This is the road it would appear. History in the making and we are a part of It!
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '19 08:13
    @livineasy4 said
    I see a Somali Anti-Semite Muslim as the new co-leader of the Democratic Party. This is the road it would appear. History in the making and we are a part of It!
    She isn't somali, she is an american now. If she were somali she couldn't run for office.

She isn't anti-semite she criticized a war criminal/a far right regime/an insanely rich organization funneling money into us politics and the insane act of requiring pledges of allegiance to a foreign government. These things are criticized by many americans, including jews. Israelis themselves are crticizing their government.

She is in fact a muslim, you got that fact right at least. So?