Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 25 Aug '17 13:19 / 2 edits
    When running for President, the press did everything they could to turn Trump into a racist and woman hater, etc., as well as being stupid. It is the same thing every election cycle. Lefties do the same thing to any voice that differs from the alt, crazy, left on these boards with Duchy leading the way. Any empty suit running for the Pubes gets treated the same. However, it blew up in their faces this go round with nothing sticking to Trump as voters simply waved their middle fingers at the press and the establishment.

However, now that Trump is in office and there are European like neo-Nazis running around, the press is trying to attach Trump to this group. is it working this time or will the public continue to flip the press and the establishment the bird?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Trump, but to suggest that he hates minorities and is a neo-Nazi is beyond insane since there is no evidence of this in his life at all.
  2. 25 Aug '17 15:24
    Originally posted by @whodey
    When running for President, the press did everything they could to turn Trump into a racist and woman hater, etc., as well as being stupid.
    I've even heard the fake news media claim that water is wet and the sky is blue.
  3. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    25 Aug '17 15:51 / 2 edits
    When running for President, the press did everything they could to turn Trump into a racist and woman hater, etc., as well as being stupid. It is the same thing every election cycle. Lefties do the same thing to any voice that differs from the alt, crazy, left on these boards with Duchy leading the way. Any empty suit running for the Pubes gets treated th ...[text shortened]... rities and is a neo-Nazi is beyond insane since there is no evidence of this in his life at all.
    Right Whodey, and FIX news was so kind to Obama weren't they?? Remember that Kenyan born Muslim that was hell bent on turning America into the 2nd coming of the Soviet Union? That guy who was NOT an American citizen? How about the "death panels" that the ACA was supposed to produce, just to name a few of their lies You bleed too much Whodey. I'm not buying it!

Has it ever occurred to you if Trump would spend a little more time working, and less time tweeting and making speeches, he'd give the media less ammunition to use against him? Duhhhh..
  4. 25 Aug '17 15:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Right Whodey, and FIX news was so kind to Obama weren't they?? Remember that Kenyan born muslim that was hell bent on turning America into the 2nd coming of the Soviet Union? That guy who was NOT an American citizen? How about the "death panels" that the ACA was supposed to produce? You bleed too much Whodey. I'm not buying it!
    Who is "they"?

I heard right wing talk show hosts make such allegation but not the main press.

The main press was in bed with Obama from the get-go. They were in love with him.

These are the same folks that fed Hillary debate questions before the debates.
  5. 25 Aug '17 16:07
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Right Whodey, and FIX news was so kind to Obama weren't they?? Remember that Kenyan born Muslim that was hell bent on turning America into the 2nd coming of the Soviet Union? That guy who was NOT an American citizen? How about the "death panels" that the ACA was supposed to produce, just to name a few of their lies You bleed too much Whodey. I'm not buying i ...[text shortened]... weeting and making speeches, he'd give the media less ammunition to use against him? Duhhhh..
    The first and most frequent place I heard the accusation that Obama was born in Kenya was the main stream media ridiculing the idea.

Not a very good comparison on your part.

If the media routinely ridiculed the idea that Trump is racist, then you'd have made a good "apples to apples" comparison.
  6. 25 Aug '17 16:20
    Bla bla bla
    Is your continued "demonization" of Obama - even when he's no longer president - A-okay, though?

Is this demonization only bad when the "victim" is one of your heroes?
  7. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    25 Aug '17 16:25
    Originally posted by @techsouth
    The first and most frequent place I heard the accusation that Obama was born in Kenya was the main stream media [b]ridiculing the idea.

If the media routinely ridiculed the idea that Trump is racist, then you'd have made a good "apples to apples" comparison.[/b]
    It was mostly Dump who pushed that lie and false witness for six years. Lying and bearing false witness is a daily occurrence for that worthless dung.
  8. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 Aug '17 17:40
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    It was mostly Dump who pushed that lie and false witness for six years. Lying and bearing false witness is a daily occurrence for that worthless dung.
    Actually, dung is worth more, at least it can be a fuel.
  9. Subscriber KingDavid403
    King David
    25 Aug '17 19:09
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Actually, dung is worth more, at least it can be a fuel.
    I agree. Trust me, that was not my first choice of words.
  10. 25 Aug '17 19:29
    Originally posted by @techsouth
    The first and most frequent place I heard the accusation that Obama was born in Kenya was the main stream media [b]ridiculing the idea.

If the media routinely ridiculed the idea that Trump is racist, then you'd have made a good "apples to apples" comparison.[/b]
    Er....um.....they are not interested in the facts.
  11. 25 Aug '17 19:31
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Is your continued "demonization" of Obama - even when he's no longer president - A-okay, though?

Is this demonization only bad when the "victim" is one of your heroes?
    Where did I demonize Obama in this thread?

I realize you would probably want to change the subject. If so, carry on by yourself.
  12. 25 Aug '17 19:35

I realize you would probably want to change the subject. If so, carry on by yourself.
    "When did I kill anyone in this courtroom?" - OJ Simpson
  13. 25 Aug '17 19:39
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    "When did I kill anyone in this courtroom?" - OJ Simpson
    Yes, I'm actually OJ Simspson.

How you ever figured that one out, I'll n ever know.
  14. 25 Aug '17 20:42

Wait... we're strictly talking about "demonization" of certain people in this thread?? Well, my bad, I guess... here I was thinking you were talking about general "demonization".

You think Trump might be reading this very thread and getting a tad emotional as he finds how protective you are of poor Trumpy?
  15. 25 Aug '17 20:46
    Originally posted by @kingdavid403
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but I heard the Obama was from Kenya claim numerous times prior to about 2016, mostly from sources ridiculing the claim, but in some cases from those that supported the claim.

I never recall having heard that Trump was the one making the claim until he was running for president. I'm not saying he didn't, because it has been shown that he did. I'm just saying that Trump's opinion had not been newsworthy enough to find its way into news sources that I frequented until after he was in the presidential race.

To clarify, so as not to start an unnecessary argument.. I am not disputing that Trump made the claim. But it does not seem to me that it was mostly Trump's opinion that was driving the news.