1. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 20:223 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    There are claims that the Nazis used it to subdue the Jews as well. I don't know if there is any merit to this claim, but it just goes to show that some claim it was a right wing plot as well.
    You can't begin to compare the two, the hysteria over fluoride in the 50's was something hotly debated for a decade throughout America, the bizarre claim that Nazis used fluoride is a story cooked up fairly recently by some nutjob that nobody payed any attention to.
    The public preoccupatin in America was real, the nazis- used- fluoride claim was just an internet douchebag making up stories that only got limited play by the most hardcore conspiracy nuts. I never heard of it before.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 21:13
    You obviously did not watch the video on the link I provided in my OP. Bottled water does not have to list fluoride as an ingredient in the USA. You are expressing opinions based on ignorance because you neglected to watch the video I posted.

You are pathetic!
    😛
  3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:28
    Originally posted by sh76
    For one thing, fluoride helps prevent cavities and tooth decay. I wish they added fluoride to my kids' drinking water. Maybe my oldest daughter would be getting several cavities a year if they did.
    Fluoride is one of those things that has a known benefit, as well as a number of known and other possible side effects and contraindications.

You hear these days all kinds of ads for drugs which correct one issue, and have a list of warnings usually at the end of the list is death.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:301 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Fluoride is one of those things that has a known benefit, as well as a number of known and other possible side effects and contraindications.

You hear these days all kinds of ads for drugs which correct one issue, and have a list of warnings usually at the end of the list is death.
    Come to me when people start dying of oral fluoride treatments.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:31
    I could just as easily say:

If you want your kids to not have flouride, then buy bottled water.
    That is a bit bassakwards.
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:32
    You obviously did not watch the video on the link I provided in my OP. Bottled water does not have to list fluoride as an ingredient in the USA. You are expressing opinions based on ignorance because you neglected to watch the video I posted.

You are pathetic!
    Interesting. So, if you don't want fluoride, you have to drink distilled water, or perhaps distill it yourself. Who knew?
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:35
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    How many people here are old enough to remember the flouride controversy that swept America in the 50's and early 60's when it was considered a communist plot and a left-wing conspiracy?
    Forget the nut jobs. Apparently the number of nations considering removing it from their water supplies adds credibility to the old notions of it having health problems. Fluoride is a known carcinogen.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:37
    Come to me when people start dying of oral fluoride treatments.
    No one is claiming that fluoride is an instant death killer, any more than smoking cigars is. There are plenty of poisons that have a long term cumulative effect.

If there is any doubt, doesn't it make sense to err on the side of caution, especially when there are so many other ways of fighting tooth decay.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 22:40
    No one is claiming that fluoride is an instant death killer, any more than smoking cigars is. There are plenty of poisons that have a long term cumulative effect.

If there is any doubt, doesn't it make sense to err on the side of caution, especially when there are so many other ways of fighting tooth decay.
    Compare the very real clinically studied dangers of ingesting too much fluoride, with the EPA designating CO2 as a pollutant.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 23:45
    Interesting. So, if you don't want fluoride, you have to drink distilled water, or perhaps distill it yourself. Who knew?
    Apparently you didn't watch the video I provided in my OP either. Bottled water from France is fine. It is our domestic bottled water that does not have to list fluoride as an ingredient.
    All you have to do is buy water from the right country, but it would make more sense to require fluoride to be listed on water from the USA.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    15 Mar '13 23:551 edit
    Apparently you didn't watch the video I provided in my OP either. Bottled water from France is fine. It is our domestic bottled water that does not have to list fluoride as an ingredient.
    All you have to do is buy water from the right country, but it would make more sense to require fluoride to be listed on water from the USA.
    No, obviously I didn't read the link, but I supported the concept anyway. I've distilled my own water at home for a couple of decades, but I didn't know that bottled water could be fluoridated. Thanks for the heads up.

If some people want to minimize cavities and risk cancer, its their choice.

One must be careful of all products despite FDA regulators. I sold large containers (2.5 and 5 gallon) of distilled water, until I found out the Dairy bottling the stuff was simply filtering the water, not steam distilling it, and probably fluoridating it as well.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 00:29
    If there is any doubt, doesn't it make sense to err on the side of caution....
    Does this approach of yours extend to the hazards of 'passive smoking' from other people's cigarettes?
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 00:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Does this approach of yours extend to the hazards of 'passive smoking' from other people's cigarettes?
    Sure does, but it is a personal action, not any attempt at a coercive government solution.

As mentioned I distill my own water. I don't expect government to do it for me.
  14. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 00:461 edit
    For one thing, fluoride helps prevent cavities and tooth decay. I wish they added fluoride to my kids' drinking water. Maybe my oldest daughter would be getting several cavities a year if they did.
    Floride causes bone loss and tooth decay. It also causes a slight loss in IQ and was used by the Germans on the prisoners to make them docile. Look it all up!!!
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    16 Mar '13 08:51
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Floride causes bone loss and tooth decay. It also causes a slight loss in IQ and was used by the Germans on the prisoners to make them docile. Look it all up!!!
    And it turns people into commies, what we need is Purity of Essence!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree