Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Germany
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 14:41
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    I don't believe there should be any remedial action (which I'm assuming is euphemism for goobermints iron fist) whatever the gap is and however it is measured. I asked repeatedly what would be an acceptable statistical discrepancy, that was the point of the .001% is a gap example, is it as simple as (quoting shav here) "There's a gap, end of"?
    I see. So suppose that a government according to your preferences were installed - you would support this government and/or its officials having the right to discriminate against you in their hiring practices based on your ideology, gender, creed, appearance, etc.?
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 10:42
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I see. So suppose that a government according to your preferences were installed - you would support this government and/or its officials having the right to discriminate against you in their hiring practices based on your ideology, gender, creed, appearance, etc.?
    I would expect the government to have guidelines for hiring, my 'preference' (your word) would always be: the best person for the job regardless of race or sex. If there were someone in HR hiring people on the basis of criteria other than those in the guidelines they would be incompetent and unsuited for that position. They might be judged incompetent for many reasons, for example they might adopt a style of communication where the stubbornly refuse to use the shift key to capitalise letters, or they might hire people sticking rigidly to a regime of alternating one male, one female (Nutty mcnutty Trudeau style). I think more of an issue is them discriminating against people who aren't friends, contacts and family.

With private industry the answer is black and white, I would accept without question any reason, rational or irrational, an employers decision to not employ me. With guvamint it's muddied up because everyone is made complicit. Currently NZ has a ministry of womans affairs, a ministry of Maori affairs and a Maori electoral roll.

So you ask my 'preference': Libertarian or not, government should be 100% blind to race, sex, marital status.

IMO you've made a mistake including 'ideology'. An election is a vote on who gets a job based on their ideology, at least it should be, unfortunately race, sex and hair seem to be the criteria adopted by left wingers.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 11:07
    With private industry the answer is black and white, I would accept without question any reason, rational or irrational, an employers decision to not employ me.
    I lost my job about a year ago and have been unemployed since and it's been absolute hell to get back to work.

I've been rejected for jobs I applied for because of my age. Not literally, mind you. Through indirect discrimination. I've been told "this employer is only interested in employees who've been working for a maximum of two years".

This is indirect age-discrimination. In the real world, these kinds of hiring practices affect "old people" in a way that keeps them out of the job-market for way too long, affects their retirement plans, affects their chances of getting BACK INTO the job-market.

You are fine with this? This is totally okay with you?

In a world where people are supposed to continue working for more and more years, with automation in all kinds of jobs looming more and more, you are fine with these hiring practices?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 13:29
    Just today I came across an article which described an alarming increase in unemployed "old" people not getting a new job because of their age in The Netherlands. With all the problems that come with being unemployed for a long time.

This is all fine in Wujumu world.

Sure, some people might lose their houses and see their future crumble before their eyes, but hey, it's all perfectly black and white. Nothing wrong with age-discrimination in Wujumu world.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 13:451 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Just today I came across an article which described an alarming increase in unemployed "old" people not getting a new job because of their age in The Netherlands. With all the problems that come with being unemployed for a long time.

This is all fine in Wujumu world.

Sure, some people might lose their houses and see their future crumble before ...[text shortened]... hey, it's all perfectly black and white. Nothing wrong with age-discrimination in Wujumu world.
    Not sure how old you are but have you considered your general low demeanour as being a major factor in being unable to find work.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 13:54
    Not sure how old you are but have you considered your general low demeanor as being a major factor in being unable to find work.
    For fcks sake, you dumb retard.

Yes, I'm sure me literally getting rejected with the reasoning "this employer is only looking for people with limited working experience" when I've never even met the employer let alone been allowed to properly introduce myself is because of my "general low demeanor".

And I'm sure the increase I mentioned before is because of people's "general low demeanor".

I swear, my dead brother is capable of producing more logical arguments than you.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 15:28
    I would expect the government to have guidelines for hiring, my 'preference' (your word) would always be: the best person for the job regardless of race or sex. If there were someone in HR hiring people on the basis of criteria other than those in the guidelines they would be incompetent and unsuited for that position. They might be judged incompetent for m ...[text shortened]... it should be, unfortunately race, sex and hair seem to be the criteria adopted by left wingers.
    You would "expect" guidelines, but you don't want the government to enforce them?

If there is a government official who is not "100% blind to race, sex, marital status," what should the government do about it without having any regulation against not being "100% blind"?
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 23:512 edits
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    You would "expect" guidelines, but you don't want the government to enforce them?

If there is a government official who is not "100% blind to race, sex, marital status," what should the government do about it without having any regulation against not being "100% blind"?
    Not sure what your point is here. I would expect the guvamint to have internal guidelines that employees must conform to. If an employee is not conforming to those guidelines, for example, coming in late, leaving early, messing about on a chess site during work hours or only hiring their relatives and friends then they should face disciplinary action, maybe the boot.

That does not mean those guidelines should be forced on private industry. Some Co's have sleep pods and allow employees to take power naps, that does not mean all Co's must follow the guidelines of that particular Co, nor does it mean that particular Co must abandon sleep pods.

Some Co's might allow 2 hour lunches, I would no more expect goobermint officials to take 2 hour lunch breaks than for goobermint officials to stray beyond hiring guidelines and only hire Maori, or only hire non-Maori, or only hire people whose shoe size is 10.

Private institutions set their own guidelines and conditions of employment, goobermint set their on guidelines and conditions of employment. Employees should follow the terms and conditions they have agreed to or face consequences.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 23:531 edit
    For fcks sake, you dumb retard.

Yes, I'm sure me literally getting rejected with the reasoning "this employer is only looking for people with limited working experience" when I've never even met the employer let alone been allowed to properly introduce myself is because of my "general low demeanor".

And I'm sure the increase I mentioned before ...[text shortened]... demeanor".

I swear, my dead brother is capable of producing more logical arguments than you.
    It wasn't an argument, I offer words of encouragement and sympathy, you have nothing but abuse.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 08:50
    It wasn't an argument, I offer words of encouragement and sympathy, you have nothing but abuse.
    So just so we're absolutely clear: the society that you and your fellow right-wing cretins are in favour of, is one where people can AND WILL have a much harder - if not impossible - time finding a job because they had the audacity of not staying 25 forever, not having a penis or not having a white sounding name.

This is reality. You can post your views and ideas about the jobmarket on a chess website while sipping your coffee, but it is important to understand that your ideas - when right-wing monstrosities get their way - will in a direct and practical way make it much, much harder for a certain part of society to find a job and possibly grow in that job.

Not because of their skills, but because of how and when they were born.

This is happening. It isn't theory. It isn't "nobutintherealworldthisdoesn'thappen". It happens.

All the time.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 11:55
    So just so we're absolutely clear: the society that you and your fellow right-wing cretins are in favour of, is one where people can AND WILL have a much harder - if not impossible - time finding a job because they had the audacity of not staying 25 forever, not having a penis or not having a white sounding name.

This is reality. You can post your ...[text shortened]... . It isn't theory. It isn't "nobutintherealworldthisdoesn'thappen". It happens.

All the time.
    Can you cite a reputable definition of what 'right-wing' is so I can use it to explain why I am not right-wing.

We'll use your source, as long as it is reputable.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 11:59
    Can you cite a reputable definition of what 'right-wing' is so I can use it to explain why I am not right-wing.

We'll use your source, as long as it is reputable.
    No.

Can you ignore the real-world consequences that affect real people with real lifes because of the blatant discrimination that lowlifes like you find acceptable?
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 12:06
    No.

Can you ignore the real-world consequences that affect real people with real lifes because of the blatant discrimination that lowlifes like you find acceptable?
    I don't find it acceptable and would avoid interacting with blatantly racist folk, as I avoid cry babies and whiners.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 12:12
    I don't find it acceptable and would avoid interacting with blatantly racist folk, as I avoid cry babies and whiners.
    "I would accept without question any reason, rational or irrational, an employers decision to not employ me."

You clearly find it acceptable that companies don't hire people because of age, skin colour or gender. You are clearly fine with these affected people having a significantly harder time finding and keeping a job.

You clearly accept these real world consequences that affect real people with real lifes and real responsibilities.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 12:19
    "I would accept without question any reason, rational or irrational, an employers decision to not employ me."

You clearly find it acceptable that companies don't hire people because of age, skin colour or gender. You are clearly fine with these affected people having a significantly harder time finding and keeping a job.

You clearly accept these real world consequences that affect real people with real lifes and real responsibilities.
    You've dropped the right wing thing, at least I've taught you something.