Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    20 Feb '18 20:54
    This thread is about ludicrous situations that rise out of the americans' fanatical devotion to guns. Post your own, let's have fun
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    20 Feb '18 20:58
    One has the right to free speech but not to libel.
    One has the right to freedom as long as one doesn't commit an imprisonable offence.

    The NRA wants to hammer the ludicrous idea that you have the right to guns without any limit or responsibility
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    20 Feb '18 21:06
    Someone noticed the fact that the maggots who used to say a couple of months ago that 14 and 15 is old enough to be sexing Roy Moore are now saying the 17 year olds who survived the shooting are not mature enough to demand gun control
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    20 Feb '18 21:26
    A terrorist could buy an AR-15 in a shorter span than it would take him to learn how to drive a truck, pass a truck certification and then find a job as a truck driver. It would be cheaper too
  5. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19318
    20 Feb '18 21:46
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    This thread is about ludicrous situations that rise out of the americans' fanatical devotion to guns. Post your own, let's have fun
    "check out this pure madness that results from gun ownership"

    Murder,spree killings, etc?

    "let's have fun."
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19318
    20 Feb '18 21:48
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    A terrorist could buy an AR-15 in a shorter span than it would take him to learn how to drive a truck, pass a truck certification and then find a job as a truck driver. It would be cheaper too
    A man could go to a tall building and throw himself to his death faster than he could learn how to play a guitar and write a song about it.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    20 Feb '18 23:03
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    A man could go to a tall building and throw himself to his death faster than he could learn how to play a guitar and write a song about it.
    And that guy would meet his death a lot faster by getting shot.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    20 Feb '18 23:16
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    A man could go to a tall building and throw himself to his death faster than he could learn how to play a guitar and write a song about it.
    people standing on the edge of buildings get talked out of jumping all the time. they even change their minds on their own.

    having a gun in the house increases suicide risk and makes a suicide less likely to survive an attempt
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81257
    20 Feb '18 23:24
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    Someone noticed the fact that the maggots who used to say a couple of months ago that 14 and 15 is old enough to be sexing Roy Moore are now saying the 17 year olds who survived the shooting are not mature enough to demand gun control
    I must have missed that court case, can you point to a link?
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81257
    20 Feb '18 23:27
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    A terrorist could buy an AR-15 in a shorter span than it would take him to learn how to drive a truck, pass a truck certification and then find a job as a truck driver. It would be cheaper too
    Oh the dreaded AR 15...do you understand that is equal to a 22 semi automatic?
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Feb '18 00:49
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Oh the dreaded AR 15...do you understand that is equal to a 22 semi automatic?
    yes, the dreaded ar-15. the weapon of choice of most mass shooters. cheap. large magazine. fast fire rate.

    in short, a weapon that can kill a large amount of people in a short amount of time.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    21 Feb '18 00:56
    As a result of NRA lobbying, children are being killed in school as the discussion of gun violence and means to stop it is taboo. Also taboo: sex education in schools. Not taboo: guns in schools, the NRA wants to arm every kindergarten teacher, every janitor, the principal, the vice principal, the school nurse and all of their granmas.


    It is illegal in like 90% of schools to tell teens how to have safe sex but not illegal to sell guns to a 19 year old who threatened to shoot up a school
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19318
    21 Feb '18 02:15
    How is it ilelgal to talk about safe s in 90% of schools? That really can't still be a thing. I was extensively lectured about all of this in NORTH DAKOTA in the early 2000s. You can't be serious that kids today don't know about it.
  14. Standard memberSoothfast
    0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,
    Planet Rain
    Joined
    04 Mar '04
    Moves
    2445
    21 Feb '18 02:53
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    This thread is about ludicrous situations that rise out of the americans' fanatical devotion to guns. Post your own, let's have fun
    Guns are the ersatz penis of the modern American redneck, seeing as their original equipment is buried under a 300-pound beer belly.
  15. Joined
    07 Jan '17
    Moves
    16
    21 Feb '18 05:303 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Oh the dreaded AR 15...do you understand that is equal to a 22 semi automatic?
    Would you like to be hit with a .223 round? Would you prefer that to, say, a heavier .38? What happens to each upon impact? What is the relative effect of the different velocities?
Back to Top