Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 14:53
    What do you US posters expect from the political soap opera for the next two years; any predictions?

- I will now predict* Trump will get reelected as POTUS.

*Unless he gets impeached (unlikely), or convicted of tax evasion (very possible)
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 15:141 edit
    @divegeester said
    What do you US posters expect from the political soap opera for the next two years; any predictions?

- I will now predict* Trump will get reelected as POTUS.

*Unless he gets impeached (unlikely), or convicted of tax evasion (very possible)
    Nationwide, the Democratic House candidates got about 4 million more votes than the Republicans. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/06/us/elections/results-house-elections.html

And Trump remains unpopular.https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

He's toast unless the Dems run Hillary again.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 15:151 edit
    - Trump gets reelected
    - Ginsberg goes the way of Scalia, resulting in Trump picking a third SCOTUS Judge.
    - Foreign leaders start to declare they will no longer respect any U.S. policies
    - imports become more expensive while exports decline
    - The debt will reach about 28 trillion due to wreckless spending, Trump still pursuing the wall, the military budget increase and the giant tax break for rich people
    - Health problems will increase due to Trump's environmental and EPA deregulation (like allowing a pesticide found to cause brain damage in children), along with the GOP constantly trying to cut Medicaid and Social Security
    - Public school education will decline in quality due to Betsy Devos funnelling money from public schools to charter schools

In other words, America will finally be great again.
  4. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 15:16
    Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance Trump will be reelected in 2020 due to the Electoral College beating out the popular vote. Voter ID will continue to disenfranchise many who are potential Democratic voters. The judiciary will continue to go conservative. Hopefully, Ginsberg hangs on till Trump is gone. There is not enough to impeach Trump unless the House and Mueller are able to prove tax evasion. The Democratic Party needs to figure out how to appeal to more than the urban coastal states.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 15:23
    @phranny said
    Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance Trump will be reelected in 2020 due to the Electoral College beating out the popular vote. Voter ID will continue to disenfranchise many who are potential Democratic voters. The judiciary will continue to go conservative. Hopefully, Ginsberg hangs on till Trump is gone. There is not enough to impeach Trump unless the House and Mu ...[text shortened]... asion. The Democratic Party needs to figure out how to appeal to more than the urban coastal states.
    Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin where Trump essentially won the 2016 election, all voted for Democratic Senators and Governors yesterday, with only the Wisconsin governor's race being particularly close.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 15:49
    More years of economic mismanagement at the federal level will take its toll. Nonetheless I would expect Trump, if he survives the collusion, fraud and other scandals, to be competitive in the re-election race. It might be interesting what the Democratic House can uncover in terms of investigations into Trump's crimes.
  7. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 17:30
    Anybody else watching Trump live now? Wow.
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 17:47
    I thinks Trump will be re-elected. Obama was re-elected after the Dems lost Congress.
  9. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 17:55
    @athousandyoung said
    I thinks Trump will be re-elected. Obama was re-elected after the Dems lost Congress.
    Unfortunately.

Trump is a rude, obnoxious liar.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 20:01
    @lundos said
    Unfortunately.

Trump is a rude, obnoxious liar.
    The problems of the next 2 years will all be because
    Trump's little hands are tied by House Red Tape.

The 2020 Election will be the nastiest EVER.
    With plenty of violence from both sides.

America will be great again ... just don't know when.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 20:071 edit
    @lundos said
    Anybody else watching Trump live now? Wow.
    I don't get the 'Trump Live' channel.

I'm sure he'll somehow spin this to be "the greatest Republican win ever".
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 23:30
    @phranny said
    Unfortunately, I think there is a good chance Trump will be reelected in 2020 due to the Electoral College beating out the popular vote. Voter ID will continue to disenfranchise many who are potential Democratic voters. The judiciary will continue to go conservative. Hopefully, Ginsberg hangs on till Trump is gone. There is not enough to impeach Trump unless the House and Mu ...[text shortened]... asion. The Democratic Party needs to figure out how to appeal to more than the urban coastal states.
    Can you even imagine the damage he would do to this country once relieved of the concern to be re-elected?
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Nov '18 23:38
    @suzianne said
    Can you even imagine the damage he would do to this country once relieved of the concern to be re-elected?
    I doubt it. He really just likes running for President not being President. The latter bores him; the former gives his narcissistic self a chance to stand in front of a bunch of sycophants, tell a bunch of lies and receive applause and cheers for doing so.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    08 Nov '18 00:05
    @phranny said
    Phranny: The Democratic Party needs to figure out how to appeal to more than the urban coastal states.

Nate Silver had an interesting tweet:

Here's who won the popular vote for the U.S. House in each state, with an adjustment in Florida to account for districts where votes were not counted because the Democrat ran uncontested.

That sure looks familiar! It's exactly the Obama 2012 map, less Ohio.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1060261756264681472

Retake a few of the MidWest "industrial" States like they did yesterday and they have a clear path to victory.