Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:121 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday we have in the United States. It is inclusive, it involves giving thanks and is traditionally celebrated with food, friends and family and even watching sporting events. It is non-religious so you can feel comfortable wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and not have to couch it with an "if you celebrate it." Not really sure how or why anyone would criticize this day.
    Agreed! I love how D64's genocide thread turned into a food thread. We should do that with all of them. 🙂
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:231 edit
    Thanksgiving is the best holiday we have in the United States. It is inclusive, it involves giving thanks and is traditionally celebrated with food, friends and family and even watching sporting events. It is non-religious so you can feel comfortable wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving and not have to couch it with an "if you celebrate it." Not really sure how or why anyone would criticize this day.
    The traditional turkey is too dry, though. My mother-in-law serves it drenched in soupy sauce with vegetables. Much better that way - and healthier. Plus, pumpkin soup instead of pumpkin pie - also healthier, and do you really need pie after a Thanksgiving meal??
  3. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:32
    Originally posted by sh76
    The traditional turkey is too dry, though. My mother-in-law serves it drenched in soupy sauce with vegetables. Much better that way - and healthier. Plus, pumpkin soup instead of pumpkin pie - also healthier, and do you really need pie after a Thanksgiving meal??
    You point another great thing about Thanksgiving. People from the time they grow up have their favorite dishes and look forward to them. Yet, there is still room for new family additions to bring their favorite recipe and add to the festivities.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:39
    Originally posted by Eladar
    What do you mean? It was started by white men!

That's reason enough to demonize it.
    And--- as is the case with any human with one hanging low--- most likely, they were rape apologists.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    And--- as is the case with any human with one hanging low--- most likely, they were rape apologists.
    But shouldn't you apologize for rape? 😛
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:01
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Agreed! I love how D64's genocide thread turned into a food thread. We should do that with all of them. 🙂
    What is your favorite food?

It's the Holidays ya know, we need some ideas.
  7. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:26
    You point another great thing about Thanksgiving. People from the time they grow up have their favorite dishes and look forward to them. Yet, there is still room for new family additions to bring their favorite recipe and add to the festivities.
    And adding the third football game was nice.
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:33
    Originally posted by sh76
    THAT's when you bring out the pie. Soup or no soup, there must be pie.

Pie.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:342 edits
    The racist Quackquack keeps showing that he's an ethnocentric white American.
    On 25 November 2015 (last Thanksgiving in the USA) at the Huffington Post, Marianne
    Smallwood (an Asian woman married to a white Frenchman) wrote that her family are
    happy *not* to celebrate Thanksgiving and to treat it like an ordinary day.

Some Americans take an understandably much more negative view of Thanksgiving.
    http://americanindiansource.com/mourningday.htm.
    "Thanksgiving: a Day of Mourning"
    --Roy Cook

"...most (American) children do not know these following facts, which explain why many
    *American Indians today call Thanksgiving a 'Day of Mourning'".
    --Roy Cook

"It is a day of remembrance and spiritual connection as well as a protest of the racism
    and oppression which Native Americans [not white people] continue to experience."

I expect some, if not many, racist writers here don't object to the genocide of non-white peoples.
    Racism runs very deep and wide in this forum.

All that I can say to these racists is that it may be harder for white people to commit
    genocide against non-white people in the 21st century than it was in an earlier century
    not so much because white people have become much more morally aware that genocide
    is wrong but because non-white people will be stronger at resisting efforts to kill them all.
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:421 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    During several hours that it took for the US Army to massacre the Vietnamese village of
    My Lai, the proud American soldiers took a lunch break in the midst of raping, torturing,
    and murdering several hundred civilians, nearly all of whom were women or children.

I suspect that many American men here would have been pleased to join their heroes at
    lunch before they resumed raping, torturing, and murdering 'racially subhuman' civilians.
  11. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:461 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The racist Quackquack keeps showing that he's an ethnocentric white American.
    On 25 November 2015 (last Thanksgiving in the USA) at the Huffington Post, Marianne
    Smallwood (an Asian woman married to a white Frenchman) wrote that her family are
    happy *not* to celebrate Thanksgiving and to treat it like an ordinary day.

Some Americans take an understa ...[text shortened]... e
    is wrong but because non-white people will be stronger at resisting efforts to kill them all.
    As I have pointed out many times you are complete scum and the world would be a better place if you simply did not exist, You have no right to call anyone including me a racist. Amazingly, you hit a new low by calling a great American non-religious inclusive holiday racist. It does not celebrate conquest and we cannot allow people to characterize our culture to support their views.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:50
    Originally posted by sh76 to Quackquack
    Some guards at Nazi concentration camps liked to play football (soccer) to relax.
    If Sh76 had been there, he might have had fun joining them at play. Or perhaps
    the guards might have more fun doing things with Sh76.

My point is that the Thanksgiving holiday celebrates an extremely misleading sentimentalized
    historical narrative of relations between white European colonists and indigenous peoples.
    Indigenous people see no reason to celebrate their conquest, enslavement, or extermination.

But if Hitler had won the war, then there might be a holiday in which Germans could drink
    beer and toast the inter-European cooperation (including Ukrainians) needed for a
    final solution to an ancient problem of European Christian civilization.
  13. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:51
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is your favorite food?

It's the Holidays ya know, we need some ideas.
    Here's the easiest winter crowd-pleaser I know...

Easy Tortellini Soup
    ---------------------------
    1 lb mild Italian sausage
    1 28 oz can pureed tomatoes
    1 can Campbell's French Onion soup
    1 can Campbell's Beef Consomme
    1 14 oz can cut green beans
    1 9 oz pack of cheese tortellini
    2 zucchinis - quartered and sliced into bite sized chunks
    Basil - minced
    Shredded Parmesan cheese

Brown the sausage in the bottom of a soup pot and pour off the grease ( or not).

Add the tomatoes, french onion soup, consomme, green beans, and use the green bean can to add 14 oz of water.

Heat to low boil then simmer for 30 minutes or so.

Add the zucchini and tortellini and simmer until the tortellini is done (10 or 12 minutes) and the zucchini is still a little crisp.

Serve in bowls garnished with basil and Parmesan. I like it with bread and a salad. And always at least double this recipe. So easy and good.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:563 edits
    As I have pointed out many times you are complete scum and the world would be a better place if you simply did not exist, You have no right to call anyone including me a racist. Amazingly, you hit a new low by calling a great American non-religious inclusive holiday racist. It does not celebrate conquest and we cannot allow people to characterize our culture to support their views.
    First of all, I note the sheer arrogance of the extreme right-wing white man Quackquack
    in pretending that he must represent all Americans. In fact, many native Americans
    ('Indians' ) regard the Thanksgiving celebration as racist or offensive. But when they dare
    to speak out in a dominant American culture that commercializes Thanksgiving, arrogant
    racists like Quackquack completely ignore them and dismiss what they have to say.

The lying troll Quackquack again wrongly claims or implies that I am the only writer who condemns him as a racist.
    In fact, some diverse white men (including Finnegan and KazetNagorra) have
    condemned Quackquack for being a racist in addition to being a rape apologist.
    I don't recall if No1Marauder has used the explicit term 'racist' in criticizing Quackquack,
    but it's clear enough that No1Marauder regards many of Quackquack's attitudes as racist.
    Quackquack has been lying about his racist and rape apologist attitudes for a long time.

I already suspect that the racist Quackquack would approve of the genocide of some
    non-white peoples, such as the Palestinians, and I would consider it an honour to fight
    alongside them against hateful racists such as Quackquack.
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 22:02
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    The lying troll Quackquack again wrongly claims or implies that I am the only writer who condemns him as a racist.
    In fact, some diverse white men (including Finnegan and KazetNagorra) have
    condemned Quackquack for being a racist in addition to being a rape apologist.
    I don't recall if No1Marauder has used the explicit term 'racist' in criticizing Quac ...[text shortened]... would consider it an honour to fight
    alongside them against hateful racists such as Quackquack.
    LOL. Something tells me D64 doesn't quite get the spirit of being thankful for the blessing of living in THE BEST DARN COUNTRY IN THE HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE.

It's OK D, more pie for me.