1. Joined
    04 Apr '19
    Moves
    12 Jul '19 15:071 edit
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Brooke_Wilberger

This is not a subject I enjoy posting, but some here feel a need for this type of material. This young girls parents were good friends of the family of one of my mechanical engineers. So I was very aware of it when she disappeared. a few things of note in this article, were the fact he was charged with sodomy without a body? In this case that is pretty irrelevant to me. The other thing that caught my eye, was he had taped her and kept her over night, and decided to kill here while she was fighting him.. Who in their right mind would not fight? Had she submitted, would he have let her go, I don't think so...
    A tragic situation and I feel for those families who have been victimized by rapists.... some live to bear the pain, others are not as lucky?
    Is there an answer to curtailing these attacks, perhaps not. I have 2 daughters, this does hit me in the gut. Both girls attended Oregon State. Both have hand guns, neither seems worried enough to get their concealed carry permits. Would they be safer having the weapon, maybe yes, maybe no... both girls have taken many self defense courses, is that a benefit? again, maybe yes maybe no... Personally, I would use every means I could to protect myself given the situation.... both fingers driven into the eye sockets. By driven, I mean right to the fist knuckles.... It's always easy to read and practice self defense, but in the real life situation, can you do it? I pray neither girl is put in this situation... that's all I have to say about this one.... there are more. For a later date when I may feel a need to discuss. Right now this seems to fill a particular need in someones life. Yes Duchess, I do realize the pain suffering and grief involved with these hideous crimes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree