Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Oct '10 12:59
    http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25511115/details.html

"Clark County election officials insisted on Tuesday that electronic voting machines were not malfunctioning at polling locations as some voters complained that Sen. Harry Reid's name had been pre-checked.

Controversy arose after Boulder City resident Joyce Ferrara complained to FOX News that when she went to vote for GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle, Reid's name was already checked.

"Something's not right," Ferrar said. She claimed her husband and several others voting at the same time all had the same thing happen.

Registrar of Voters Larry Lomax said those claims were "patently false" and said at no time did any of those voters report the incident to staff at their polling location.

"In fact, although over 160,000 people have voted early in Clark County, those allegations that have been made have gone directly to the media as opposed to eleciton board officials," he said.

Lomax advised voters to be aware that touch-screens on the screens are sensitive. For that reason, a person may not want to have their fingers linger too long on the screen after they make a selection at any time.

"Espeicially in a community with elderly citizens (they have) difficulty in (casting their) ballot,' Lomax said. "Team leaders said there were complaints (and he) race filled in".

At any time, voters can go back on the screen and review their selections. They are also allowed to make changes and encourage to double check their ballot on screen and on paper before it is cast.
  2. 28 Oct '10 14:40 / 1 edit
    In an article from The Examiner called "Nevada voting machines automatically checking Harry Reid's name; voting machine technicians are SEIU mebers", it says this:

"Now there is absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet), but it is worth noting that the voting machine tehcnicians in Clark County are members of the Service Employees International Union. The SEICU spent $63 million in elections in 2008 and is planning on spending $44 million more this election cycle -- nearly all of that on Democrats."

"Just in Nevada, the SEIU has given a lot to groups that are heavily vested in the state -- in just one prominent example, the SEIU gave $500,000 to the Patriot Majority PAC, which has spent $1.3 million against Reids opponent Sharron Angle. They have dropped large sums directly to candidates as well."

"Unions increasingly have a major financial stake in election outcomes, both as a matter of their own election expenditures, and as a function of what they stand to gain if their legislative agenda is enacted. Should they really be responsible for tabulating the votes? That is certainly something voters ought to thing long and hard about."
  3. 28 Oct '10 14:40
    So you still use computers.
  4. 28 Oct '10 14:59
    Originally posted by whodey

"Now there is absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet) [...]
    So there is nothing to discuss (yet).
  5. 28 Oct '10 15:04
    From what I understand Sharron is on the public dole herself; isn't that a conflict of interest, as well?

As far as the voting machines are concerned I would think it was more likely that those building the machines would be suspect than the people who merely load and unload them (and of course the builder is a solid member of the Republican Corporation.)

So would you join me whodey in calling for an end to all electronic voting and the immediate restoration of the paper ballot? (And as well, a National Holiday on Election Day and a modest tax break for those who vote?)
  6. 28 Oct '10 15:10
    "Now there is absolutely no independently verified evidence of chicanery with the voting machines (yet), but it is worth noting that the voting machine tehcnicians in Clark County are members of the Service Employees International Union."
    No evidence?? There are umpteen links to blogs on the net. And there are already two posts presenting evidence on this thread. I think union technicians shouldn't be allowed to work on voting machine. Same goes for people with disabilities. Homosexuals. Low income groups. People who have had abortions. Paedophiles. People with a surplus of the brain neurotransmitter called DRD4. There should like a list or something.
  7. 28 Oct '10 15:25
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    From what I understand Sharron is on the public dole herself; isn't that a conflict of interest, as well?

As far as the voting machines are concerned I would think it was more likely that those building the machines would be suspect than the people who merely load and unload them (and of course the builder is a solid member of the Republican Corporat ...[text shortened]... t? (And as well, a National Holiday on Election Day and a modest tax break for those who vote?)
    ...a tax break for those who vote...what a great idea! At least very thread worthy..
  8. 28 Oct '10 15:27
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    No evidence?? There are umpteen links to blogs on the net. And there are already two posts presenting evidence on this thread. I think union technicians shouldn't be allowed to work on voting machine. Same goes for people with disabilities. Homosexuals. Low income groups. People who have had abortions. Paedophiles. People with a surplus of the brain neurotransmitter called DRD4. There should like a list or something.
    You forgot to add members of political parties!
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    28 Oct '10 15:42
    Dirty Harry? You mean Dubya the tough Texan?
  10. 28 Oct '10 16:13
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    You forgot to add members of political parties!
    And anyone who has ever voted or even voiced a remotely political opinion.
  11. 29 Oct '10 01:20
    Originally posted by John W Booth
    . I think union technicians shouldn't be allowed to work on voting machine. Same goes for people with disabilities. Homosexuals. Low income groups. People who have had abortions. Paedophiles. People with a surplus of the brain neurotransmitter called DRD4. There should like a list or something.[/b]
    Hilarious. You forgot to add Islamic terrorists and illegal aliens to the list who should not be in charge of election results. Basically those citizens who do not recognize the rule of law and want hand outs along with their lawlessness should be banned from the election process.
  12. 29 Oct '10 06:50
    Hilarious. You forgot to add Islamic terrorists and illegal aliens to the list who should not be in charge of election results. Basically those citizens who do not recognize the rule of law and want hand outs along with their lawlessness should be banned from the election process.
    So, I see you are in favor of banning Sharron Angle and Joe Miller! Quite right, they are merely parasites on the body politic.
  13. 04 Nov '10 03:24 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So there is nothing to discuss (yet).
    What can I say, I called it didn't I?

Why is life so darned predicatable?

So "the Machine" trolls on with Harry and company in power. Is this a good thing or bad thing for the Dems? I suppose it keeps Dirty Harry in a position of power, but what good will it do them with a Republican House? Additionally, Dirty Harry has become a polarizing figure in politics as he is associated with scandels and legislative gymnastics such as the Cornhusker Kickback. So will this harm "the Machines" image?

Having said that, does anyone here think that "the Machine" stole the election after all the reported fraud? There is no doubt that such voter fraud goes on with both sides, the only question becomes how much and did it cost the other the election?
  14. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Nov '10 03:44
    http://www.fox5vegas.com/news/25511115/details.html

"Clark County election officials insisted on Tuesday that electronic voting machines were not malfunctioning at polling locations as some voters complained that Sen. Harry Reid's name had been pre-checked.

Controversy arose after Boulder City resident Joyce Ferrara complained to FOX News that when sh ...[text shortened]... d encourage to double check their ballot on screen and on paper before it is cast.
    What can I say...it's a world gone mad!
  15. 05 Nov '10 10:09
    What can I say, I called it didn't I?

Why is life so darned predicatable?

So "the Machine" trolls on with Harry and company in power. Is this a good thing or bad thing for the Dems? I suppose it keeps Dirty Harry in a position of power, but what good will it do them with a Republican House? Additionally, Dirty Harry has become a polarizing figure in ...[text shortened]... th both sides, the only question becomes how much and did it cost the other the election?
    Is there no independent election committee that can investigate these allegations of fraud?