Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    57085
    30 Jun '18 07:48
    Right wing Americans are mad.
    It’s like a monty python sketch on acid.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    30 Jun '18 15:461 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    LMFAO!

    Right wingers are just incredible. From Huckabee's interview with Laura Ingraham:

    “The owner of the Red Hen — nobody’s told this — then followed them across the street, called people, and [b]organized a protest
    yelling and screaming at them from outside the other restaurant and creating this scene,” he said.

    https://www.washingtonti ...[text shortened]... red-hen-followed-sanders-family-to-another-restaurant-to-start-a-protest/

    Etc. etc. etc. etc.[/b]
    Well good for you. Apparenty you learned a few useful courtroom tricks. I was going on your previous Huckabee quote where he called it organizing an effort, so Kudos for setting up and springing that little trap.
    Nevertheless, Huckabee (as you have already pointed out) was not there, so the only reason for you to focus on what he said would be what?
    That you have nothing else to work with?

    There's a difference between organizing a protest and inciting people to harass political opponents. I won't speculate as to whether or not you know the difference. And I won't speculate as to whether or not Maxine Waters understands this, but crossing this line is something that even the Democrat leadership is not willing to endorse.

    YouTube YouTube
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    30 Jun '18 21:51
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Well good for you. Apparenty you learned a few useful courtroom tricks. I was going on your previous Huckabee quote where he called it organizing an effort, so Kudos for setting up and springing that little trap.
    Nevertheless, Huckabee (as you have already pointed out) was not there, so the only reason for you to focus on what he said would be what?
    Th ...[text shortened]... hip is not willing to endorse.

    [youtube]5VVfXfb7ukY[/youtube] [youtube]XCYEDOZH29k[/youtube]
    Both quotes from Huckabee are him saying the same thing. Again, another poster raised the Huckabee claim and right wingers have been defending it despite the complete lack of evidence to support it so it's fair game and relevant to the subject of the thread.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    30 Jun '18 23:40
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Both quotes from Huckabee are him saying the same thing. Again, another poster raised the Huckabee claim and right wingers have been defending it despite the complete lack of evidence to support it so it's fair game and relevant to the subject of the thread.
    So I guess it's true, you literally have nothing else to work with.

    Does it seem odd to you that a father would stand up for a daughter who was being harassed? Ask D64 what her father did when she was accused of cheating on a math test.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    30 Jun '18 23:54
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    So I guess it's true, you literally have nothing else to work with.

    Does it seem odd to you that a father would stand up for a daughter who was being harassed? Ask D64 what her father did when she was accused of cheating on a math test.
    I already commented on the underlying incident: see my post near the bottom of page 1.

    Defending your daughter shouldn't include falsehoods. Huckabee didn't have to invent imaginary protests with fictional screaming and yelling to say Wilkinson was rude and unprofessional to ask Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave the restaurant.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    01 Jul '18 00:223 edits
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I already commented on the underlying incident: see my post near the bottom of page 1.

    Defending your daughter shouldn't include falsehoods. Huckabee didn't have to invent imaginary protests with fictional screaming and yelling to say Wilkinson was rude and unprofessional to ask Sarah Huckabee Sanders to leave the restaurant.
    If there was, in your own words, a "complete lack of evidence" to support Huckabee's claim, then why does nearly everyone believe it?
    People on both sides of the political spectrum (not just right wingers) seem to be under the impression the incident actually happened. Given how eager left wing progressives are to claim anyone they disagree with are liars, how do you account for this?
    Maxine Waters not only believed it, but was inspired to blurt out a call to arms to go forth and openly harass political opponents.

    Huckabee didn't have to invent imaginary protests
    And you don't have to invent an imaginary scenario in which Huckabee invents imaginary protests.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    40034
    01 Jul '18 01:15
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    If there was, in your own words, a "complete lack of evidence" to support Huckabee's claim, then why does nearly everyone believe it?
    People on both sides of the political spectrum (not just right wingers) seem to be under the impression the incident actually happened. Given how eager left wing progressives are to claim anyone they disagree with are lia ...[text shortened]... And you don't have to invent an imaginary scenario in which Huckabee invents imaginary protests.
    No, "nearly everyone" doesn't believe it. It would, of course, be irrelevant to its truth value if "nearly everyone" did but Snopes already rated it "Mostly False" and I didn't see any other fact checks on it.

    Pardon me if I don't find your claims here very persuasive.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    01 Jul '18 05:12
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    No, "nearly everyone" doesn't believe it. It would, of course, be irrelevant to its truth value if "nearly everyone" did but Snopes already rated it "Mostly False" and I didn't see any other fact checks on it.

    Pardon me if I don't find your claims here very persuasive.
    Oh, well excuse me your lordship.
    If I had known you thought it my duty to persuade you of anything I would have told you to buzz off a long time ago.


    Pardon denied
Back to Top