Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 13:323 edits
    From what I can discern the rhetoric coming from America and the West (the buffoon Boris Johnstone is nothing but a sock puppet) is that the Russkies are responsible for all manner of ills.

1. They hacked the presidential campaign, evidence nill!
    2. They have committed human rights atrocities by attacking aid convoys in Syria - evidence nil!

Apart from the moral hypocrisy (its not like America itself has never attempted to influence the course of democracy!) or that western sanctions on Syria have indirectly killed thousands of innocent women and children who cannot get access to medical facilities, this entire situation is likely to get worse if Mrs Clinton is elected because her and Mr Putin have a noted dislike of each other. Furthermore American foreign policy in the region with its backing of Saudi led Sunni extremist militia like ISIL (see wikileaks) has escalated the conflict a thousand fold. But this is of seemingly little concern to the hordes of Hillary zombies who are more interested in ten year old tapes of Donald Trump talkin trash. I don't know when reality will set in or what it will take but the situation is not good and likely to get worse if Hillary Clinton is elected president.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 14:134 edits
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    From what I can discern the rhetoric coming from America and the West (the buffoon Boris Johnstone is nothing but a sock puppet) is that the Russkies are responsible for all manner of ills.

2. They have committed human rights atrocities by attacking aid convoys in Syria - evidence nil!

...[text shortened]... e but the situation is not good and likely to get worse if Hillary Clinton is elected president.
    I agree that foreign policy is not the Democrats strongest card, but America just left 2 very costly wars in the middle east, and is not eager to get into another one. On the other hand, Donald Trump's idea of forcing another country to pay for a wall on our southern boarder, his casual attitude regarding nuclear weapons, and banning all people of the Muslim faith from entering our country is not going over too well here. In addition, the memories of the last Republican President we had is still fresh in peoples minds, complete with massive bank failures, property foreclosures, and high unemployment. People do want change in our system, but Donald Trump may not be the change we need. There is a lot more to all this than the "Russkies" And speaking of "Talking Trash" have you listened to any of Mr. Trump's speeches?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 15:071 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    I agree that foreign policy is not the Democrats strongest card, but America just left 2 very costly wars in the middle east, and is not eager to get into another one. On the other hand, Donald Trump's idea of forcing another country to pay for a wall on our southern boarder, his casual attitude regarding nuclear weapons, and banning all people of the Muslim ...[text shortened]... the "Russkies" And speaking of "Talking Trash" have you listened to any of Mr. Trump's speeches?
    you are a good kid mchill, but the point is that if we are more concerned with what Donald Trump said ten years ago than a looming war with Russia then I don't hold out much hope! If Hillary Clinton is elected the prospect becomes ever more of a reality, I would say that this is of vastly greater concern than what Donald Trump said on a tape ten years ago, wouldn't you?
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 15:15
    you are a good kid mchill, but the point is that if we are more concerned with what Donald Trump said ten years ago than a looming war with Russia then I don't hold out much hope! If Hillary Clinton is elected the prospect becomes ever more of a reality, I would say that this is of vastly greater concern than what Donald Trump said on a tape ten years ago, wouldn't you?
    Robbie, most people here are more concerned about what Mr. Trump is saying NOW. Mr. Trump's comments 10 years ago is a well publicized side show.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 15:241 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    Robbie, most people here are more concerned about what Mr. Trump is saying NOW. Mr. Trump's comments 10 years ago is a well publicized side show.
    exactly, American zombies are more concerned with trash talk than a looming war with Russia, its incredulous, it really is.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 15:47
    A war would be good!
    Way too many right-wingers on the planet nowadays; a good nuclear holocaust will weed the bastards out!
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 14:43
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    A war would be good!
    Way too many right-wingers on the planet nowadays; a good nuclear holocaust will weed the bastards out!
    Always raise the sarcasm flag with These kinds of comment.

The cockroaches will be the happy inheritors of the destroyed world I presume. Reveal Hidden Content
    sarcasm flag
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 19:29

...[text shortened]... e but the situation is not good and likely to get worse if Hillary Clinton is elected president.
    To most reasonable people, the idea of Donald Trump having control of the US military (including its thousands of nuclear weapons) is a truly disturbing one; it is reasonably obvious that the man has virtually no self-control and is incredibly impulsive and vindictive.

HC's been a bit of a warmonger but I doubt she'd risk war with Russia. In the Middle East, I doubt our policy will change much no matter who gets elected (it changed little from Bush to Obama).
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 20:481 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    To most reasonable people, the idea of Donald Trump having control of the US military (including its thousands of nuclear weapons) is a truly disturbing one; it is reasonably obvious that the man has virtually no self-control and is incredibly impulsive and vindictive.

HC's been a bit of a warmonger but I doubt she'd risk war with Russia. In the Midd ...[text shortened]... t our policy will change much no matter who gets elected (it changed little from Bush to Obama).
    Gee I dunno, Donald and Vladimir are big time buddies.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:16
    Gee I dunno, Donald and Vladimir are big time buddies.
    Donald has had two messy divorces already, so things change.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:21
    Donald has had two messy divorces already, so things change.
    are you saying that two divorces makes one unqualified to be president? I dont think that follows number one.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:32
    are you saying that two divorces makes one unqualified to be president? I dont think that follows number one.
    Sorry that flew over your head.

I was merely saying that just because he is presently kissing Putin's a** doesn't mean that relationship couldn't deteriorate. And since we know that the Donald is ridiculously vindictive and takes virtually everything personally, there's no telling what that might lead to.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:33
    Sorry that flew over your head.

I was merely saying that just because he is presently kissing Putin's a** doesn't mean that relationship couldn't deteriorate. And since we know that the Donald is ridiculously vindictive and takes virtually everything personally, there's no telling what that might lead to.
    ok, now I understand. Mrs Clinton is also vindictive but you make no mention of it.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 21:37
    ok, now I understand. Mrs Clinton is also vindictive but you make no mention of it.
    Perhaps but she isn't a borderline lunatic like Trump is. He's still bitching about Rosie O'Donnell at a Presidential debate for Christ's sake .
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    17 Oct '16 22:531 edit

There are pictures of an aid convoy that had been destroyed from the air. There are three groupings with air power. The Russians, the Syrians and the Western coalition nations. The Syrians couldn't do a night bombing raid with that kind of precision and the West isn't going to destroy an aid convoy that is basically in their interests so the only candidates left are the Russians. This isn't proof beyond reasonable doubt, but I think there is more than 'nil evidence'.