Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Feb '10 18:38
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8505701.stm

Is there anyone out there who really takes this lady seriously?
  2. 09 Feb '10 19:49
    Originally posted by generalissimo

Yes, and they are willing to spend ****loads of money to hear her drivel.
  3. 09 Feb '10 21:02
    Originally posted by generalissimo

having a couple of things scribbled down on your hand so you don't loose your train of thought when speaking in front of a boat load of people is a far cry from giving speeches day after day of the same ol' crap that some one else wrote for you off of a dozen teleprompters. At least she is speaking in her own words and isn't some puppet!
    Hell, I do the same thing when the wife sends me off grocery shopping.
  4. Standard member telerion
    True X X Xian
    10 Feb '10 00:02
    Well it was dumb to criticize Obama for using teleprompters and then have notes written on your hand. Also I'd be surprised if Sarah's speeches are not written by some one else.

That all said, I don't think thus is such a big deal given the venue. Overall I'd prefer a leader who didn't have to write on his/her hand, but I'm not going to hold this one against her. Paper notes would have been a better choice, but it's not like anyone died from using the hand. Now if she becomes President someday, I'll expect her to use a teleprompter like a normal head of state.
  5. 10 Feb '10 00:11
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    having a couple of things scribbled down on your hand so you don't loose your train of thought when speaking in front of a boat load of people is a far cry from giving speeches day after day of the same ol' crap that some one else wrote for you off of a dozen teleprompters. At least she is speaking in her own words and isn't some puppet!
    Hell, I do the same thing when the wife sends me off grocery shopping.
    You're actually claiming Sarah Palin

A: Writes her own speeches

and

B: Doesn't use teleprompters to deliver them

??

Barack Obama has proven time and time again that he is an excellent speaker on or off script. Only right-wing hacks try to claim Obama needs a teleprompter. It's their way of trying to trivialize one of his greatest strengths, his oratory skills.
  6. 10 Feb '10 00:21
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper

and

??

Barack Obama has proven time and time again that he is an excellent speaker on or off script. Only right-wing hacks try to claim Obama needs a teleprompter. It's their way of trying to trivialize one of his greatest strengths, his oratory skills.
    Only time will tell, his oratory skills may be all he brings to the table.
    It's only left wing hacks that actually fear Sarah Palin.
    Obama= Used car salesman.
    His, remember I inherited this problem, is sounding like the salesman, who tells his customers, well remember it was used when you bought it.
    Ah,, but follow me, maybe I can work something out.. lol the guy is a one termer.
  7. 10 Feb '10 00:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Only time will tell, his oratory skills may be all he brings to the table.
    It's only left wing hacks that actually fear Sarah Palin.
    Obama= Used car salesman.
    His, remember I inherited this problem, is sounding like the salesman, who tells his customers, well remember it was used when you bought it.
    Ah,, but follow me, maybe I can work something out.. lol the guy is a one termer.
    I totally disagree that that's all he brings but that's a separate subject. The whole "teleprompter" mantra is laughable and only the most partisan of right-wing hacks believe it and repeat it.

Nobody fears Sarah Palin. I know Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity tells you to think that but every Democrat I know hopes she runs in the Republican primaries.
  8. Standard member joneschr
    Some guy
    10 Feb '10 01:00
    Oh come on. I don't see what the big deal is. I think Palin is a joke, but having a few words on your hand is hardly a big deal, and hardly comparable to a teleprompter (although I don't see how either are worth complaining about).

I almost always take outlines of my speeches with me to remind me to cover certain points, and I almost always get wrapped up in my speeches and forget to cover some things I wanted to cover even with the outline.

There are much bigger problems with Palin than this... keep your eye on the ball, folks.
  9. 10 Feb '10 01:36

and

??

LOL you are so blinded it is comical!
    Check this out,with out his teleprompter or prepared speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyW9e5QdWxk

10. 10 Feb '10 01:52
    I totally disagree that that's all he brings but that's a separate subject. The whole "teleprompter" mantra is laughable and only the most partisan of right-wing hacks believe it and repeat it.

Nobody fears Sarah Palin. I know Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity tells you to think that but every Democrat I know hopes she runs in the Republican primaries.
    What the real problem would seem to be, is the left wing hacks, and the right wing hacks, can't move together and grab each others hand to fight these problems together.
    I would challenge us both to make an effort in that matter. We grew up in the best darn country on this planet, now we need to pass it on.
    :-)
  11. 10 Feb '10 02:08
    LOL you are so blinded it is comical!

Hmmm... let's see.

You posted a heavily edited video that cut and pasted Obama's "ums" together and showed nothing else.

I, on the other hand, am posting 7 minutes of unedited footage of Obama speaking without a prewritten speech. And I can easily post many, many more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_753sLQQ8q8

So let's recap. In order to make Obama look bad you must post heavily edited footage. In order to make Obama look good I must post unedited footage. I will let others watch your video and mine and decide which one is fair, and which one of us is being the partisan shill.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    10 Feb '10 02:14 / 1 edit
    Palin winning the nomination and running for President would probably guarantee a 2nd term for Obama. But Republicans won't hand it to him in this way.
  13. 10 Feb '10 02:47
    Hmmm... let's see.

You posted a heavily edited video that cut and pasted Obama's "ums" together and showed nothing else.

I, on the other hand, am posting 7 minutes of unedited footage of Obama speaking without a prewritten speech. And I can easily post many, many more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_753sLQQ8q8

So let's recap. ...[text shortened]... deo and mine and decide which one is fair, and which one of us is being the partisan shill.
    How did i know that would be your reply?

Keep living in la-la land. And keep singing this to your kiddies at bed time.

Mm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
    To make this country strong again
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
    Equal work means equal pay
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
    To make sure everyone gets a chance
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
    All are equal in his sight
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
    Mmm, mmm, mm
    Barack Hussein Obama
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    10 Feb '10 02:52
    What is it you are saying this video clip demonstrates in terms of U.S. politics?
  15. 10 Feb '10 03:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is it you are saying this video clip demonstrates in terms of U.S. politics?
    U.S. politics is a farce and corrupt. But thats besides the point. You put our glorious leader on the spot and 9 times out of 10 he is gonna say something like this, "but...but..but...I......I inherited this m...m...mess"