Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 13:372 edits
    Trump: Actually sounded more intelligent than I thought he would. But he also sounded at times hot headed and arrogant (as expected). I still don't think he's a serious candidate in spite of his strong polling.

Bush: Impressed me. He sounded like the adult in the room. He was poised and reasonable and positive.

Walker: A little disappointed in his performance. When asked about Wisconsin's ranking in employment, etc., he should have hammered home more clearly that Wisconsin's ranking are more because of its region and that relative to its region, Wisconsin is doing well. He also didn't really set himself apart based on his executive experience as he could have. I still like him, but I don't think he gained much last night.

Rubio: I'm not quite as high on his performance as the pundits are. I thought his responses were canned and without a whole lot of substance. Still, he showed that he could be a good candidate. He's young, clean cut and speaks well. Certainly, he's someone to watch.

Huckabee: I can't take these religious extremists seriously, try as I might. He sounded like he was running for Pope (or whatever the evangelicals call their grand poo--bah).

Cruz: See Huckabee

Christie: I like Christie. He's fiesty and he speaks with a very high IPM (ideas per minute) ratio. He's gonna call it as he sees it, come Hell or high water. He has the guts to take an unpopular position if he sincerely believes in it. His position on security is going to be unpopular but he made his case well.

Paul: Shouldn't have bothered to show up. He looks like a man who has already thrown in the towel and is bitter about it. Clearly lost exchanges with both Christie and Trump and the "hugging Obama" line to Christie was cringe-worthy.

Carson: Clever guy. Smart guy. But not qualified to be President.

Kasich: Sounded reasonable and mature. I think he'd probably be a good President. But he doesn't have the charisma to win.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 13:44
    I already see what will happen. Trump will lose the nomination to Jeb and will then run 3rd party putting Hillary in the Oval Orifice.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 13:562 edits
    I was actually hoping more from Paul.

I would have loved to ask the question why the state was even in the marriage business. The very idea of a marriage licence is exclusionary. Why do we wish to exclude anyone and why do such people get state perks no one else can?

I would have also liked for him to drive home the notion that liberty has a price tag while adding that the safest place on earth is in prison behind bars. Do we as a soceity want freedom or a police state? Are the dangers worth our freedom or is "safety" worth more than our freedom?

But by in large you are right, Paul looked bitter and on the defensive. Only putting for such questions will let him go on the offensive.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    Trump: Actually sounded more intelligent than I thought he would. But he also sounded at times hot headed and arrogant (as expected). I still don't think he's a serious candidate in spite of his strong polling.

Bush: Impressed me. He sounded like the adult in the room. He was poised and reasonable and positive.

Walker: A little disappointed in his perform ...[text shortened]... and mature. I think he'd probably be a good President. But he doesn't have the charisma to win.
    Haven't watched it yet, though from what I've read this morning the real Trump gets old outside of a soundbite. I heard Fiorina did well at the Kiddie table though. Saw her interview with Chris Mathews afterward and she put him in his place with ease. I hope she keeps at it.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 14:04

Walker: A little disappointed in his perform ...[text shortened]... and mature. I think he'd probably be a good President. But he doesn't have the charisma to win.
    bush is the most likely republican candidate. the others are either various shades of cookoo (huckabee, cruz, trump, santorum) or people you have never heard of.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 14:112 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    bush is the most likely republican candidate. the others are either various shades of cookoo (huckabee, cruz, trump, santorum) or people you have never heard of.
    Jeb has the backing of corporate America. like Hillary, and has the backing of his party elite, like Hillary.

It has precious little to do with anything else.

Really Jeb needs not to even speak or show up to win, just like Hillary.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 14:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Jeb has the backing of corporate America. like Hillary, and has the backing of his party elite, like Hillary.
    Smartest thing that I've read on this "debate" this morning.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 14:40
    Originally posted by whodey

It has precious little to do with anything else.

Really Jeb needs not to even speak or show up to win, just like Hillary.
    i want bernie sanders to beat jeb and become president.
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 14:41
    Whereas I certainly believe that you have never heard of Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz and Chris Christie, most Americans who read or watch the news once in a while have heard of these famous politicians.
  10. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 15:07

Cruz: See Huckabee -sh76

You're frigging nuts sh76. The typical low information voter.
    Cruz and Huckabee are polar opposites.
    As far as some of your other observations... "Jeb looked like the adult in the room" ?!
    Jeb looked weak and almost confused. His answer on common core didn't even make sense.
    Walker clear steady but no k.o. punches.
    Carson appeared a bit nervous at first (being out of his element obviously) but then got it together 43 minutes later when the next question was directed at him.
    Cruz being ignored probably as much as Carson was clear concise eloquent and spot on as usual when he was rarely asked a question by the bias commentators.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 15:13
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Cruz: See Huckabee -sh76

You're frigging nuts sh76. The typical low information voter.
    Cruz and Huckabee are polar opposites.
    As far as some of your other observations... "Jeb looked like the adult in the room" ?!
    Jeb looked weak and almost confused. His answer on common core didn't even make sense.
    Walker clear steady but no k.o. ...[text shortened]... cise eloquent and spot on as usual when he was rarely asked a question by the bias commentators.
    ===You're frigging nuts sh76. The typical low information voter. ===

LMAO! "Low information voter." I'm more informed than 99.99% of the tea-bots.

If Huckabee and Cruz are going to keep invoking God this and Scripture that, I'm not supporting them. Scripture is all fine and good, but I'm not having it run my country. Sorry.
  12. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 15:16
    Here's that interview of Fiorina with Mathews if anyone cares...

YouTube
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 15:33
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Smartest thing that I've read on this "debate" this morning.
    Thxs.

So where is my thumbs up! 😲
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 15:34
    ===You're frigging nuts sh76. The typical low information voter. ===

LMAO! "Low information voter." I'm more informed than 99.99% of the tea-bots.

If Huckabee and Cruz are going to keep invoking God this and Scripture that, I'm not supporting them. Scripture is all fine and good, but I'm not having it run my country. Sorry.
    Do you prefer invoking Marx? 😕

Pick your poison.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '15 15:35
    i want bernie sanders to beat jeb and become president.
    And I want world peace.