Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 01:361 edit
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    That has long been my diagnosis of shav, I see you're on board.
    OMG! You’re a certified psycholigist now as well!

Who’d a thunk it?

It’s just a pity everyone knows you’re Alabama inbred trailer trash and automatically assumes that you are always wrong.
    And you’re not even American!
    Damn, you must spend hours perfecting that image of mental supremacy for each post.
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 01:50
    Shavalisa: "Obviously you didn’t do too much research into the matter."

It's number from the OP, it's a number from the post you were replying to. Uzless expressed doubt at the number and the reporting, do you think it is a good number? It seems to me that it is Uzless saying (paraphrasing) 'do some research', to which you're replying 'do some res ...[text shortened]... ermint is better, we need more goobermint, goobermint is doing a great job, if only we had more.
    Dude, I looked at the general gist of his post. And automatically saw that there were three wrongs in it, because it’s well documented that:
    - women (non-white males) hardly ever get top positions
    - women (non-white males) with the same education as men get paid less.
    - women (non-white males) with exactly the same job earn less that white males.

So, lazily (because A: I can’t be arsed and B: we’ve been over it a hundred times) I googled it and linked the first answer I found (although, truth be told, it could have been the third, fourth or tenth... I just randomly picked one the mouse was hovering over).

It’s like when answering flat-Earthers... why waste time arguing? But society has an obligation to correct misinformation. It’s a balance and I called it.

As for the discrepancy: ONLY 1-4%... See the first summary of this post.
    So, not only do women have less chance of the same job, not only are they paid less for the same educational level... when they do get exactly the same job, they are paid less than men.

So... ergo... THERE IS A BLOODY GENDER-GAP WHEN IT COMES TO WAGES.

So, I’m completely justified in not spending too much time in answering the load of bollocks in the OP.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 02:42
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Dude, I looked at the general gist of his post. And automatically saw that there were three wrongs in it, because it’s well documented that:
    - women (non-white males) hardly ever get top positions
    - women (non-white males) with the same education as men get paid less.
    - women (non-white males) with exactly the same job earn less that white males.

So ...[text shortened]... completely justified in not spending too much time in answering the load of bollocks in the OP.
    What statistical discrepancy would be acceptable in your not so humble opinion.

Because 1-4% is closer to no difference than it is to 43% difference. In fact you add some magic words 'in the order of' and statistically there is no difference over a large number of industries.

....A C C O R D I N G TO T H E S T A T S (linked) you posted.

Here's the first line:

"Yes, men do earn more than women on average, but not that much more when they work the same job and they have similar experience and abilities. Take a look at what PayScale has discovered about the gender pay gap"
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 02:50
    OMG! You’re a certified psycholigist now as well!

Who’d a thunk it?

It’s just a pity everyone knows you’re Alabama inbred trailer trash and automatically assumes that you are always wrong.
    And you’re not even American!
    Damn, you must spend hours perfecting that image of mental supremacy for each post.
    You yourself have called all of humankind irrational shav.

One can only dream of reaching your level of super psychology.

BTW it was a little joke, I knew KN was referring to the few employers who pay a less qualified man more as being irrational. Who'd a thunk you'd respond with 'trailer trash' hahahahahaha never get's old that one.

Few?

Yes, you read that right, the gender pay gap is a massively over hyped. But what could be the agenda?
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 02:581 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Find the truth in this thread of extremes, you will not.

Yoda
    What 'extremes'? Divegeester's absurd or disingenuous .
    Based upon the original post's opening statement, this thread's about
    one question with a 'yes' or ',no' answer.

"There is no pay gap."
    --Uzless

OK, that may be one extreme. But what's the other?
    The question is "Does a pay gap exist between men and women?'
    Uzless (and other sexist men) say " No"
    Citing statistical evidence, some men say 'Yes'.

Either a pay gap exists or it does not. Divegeester may like to pretend
    that the right answer to 'Does a pay gap exist?" Is neither Yes nor No.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 03:051 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    What 'extremes'? Divegeester's absurd or disingenuous .
    Based upon the original post's opening statement, this thread's about
    one question with a 'yes' or ',no' answer.

"There is no pay gap."
    --Uzless

OK, that may be one extreme. But what's the other?
    The question is "Does a pay gap exist between men and women?'
    Uzless (and other sexist men) ...[text shortened]... ter may like to pretend
    that the right answer to 'Does a pay gap exist?" Is neither Yes nor No.
    In some industries and with some employers yes. With some other industries and some other employers the gap might be the other way i.e. favors women. These discrepancies may differ from one side of a city to another, from one suburb to another, from a business on one side of the road to another on the other side of the road.

shav posted a link to stats that showed the difference was as low as 1-4% what we need is to get some idea of what the whiners determine to be an acceptable statistical discrepancy.
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 05:51
    In some industries and with some employers yes. With some other industries and some other employers the gap might be the other way i.e. favors women. These discrepancies may differ from one side of a city to another, from one suburb to another, from a business on one side of the road to another on the other side of the road.

shav posted a link to stats ...[text shortened]... d is to get some idea of what the whiners determine to be an acceptable statistical discrepancy.
    As per my previous post.
    There is a gender pay gap.

That main point of the gap is found in my first two points is neither here nor there.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 06:06
    As per my previous post.
    There is a gender pay gap.

That main point of the gap is found in my first two points is neither here nor there.
    Yes, you're right, if the difference were .0001% there would be a gender pay gap, you're a real whiz with numbers.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 06:40

Besides the fact that women have less chance of equal job (so are paid inherently less), even when doing the same job there’s a wage difference.

Here you go: https://www.payscale.com/gender-lifetime-earnings-gap

Just google it and you’ll get hundreds of sites with statistics blowing your theory out of the sexist-pool.
    Uh shavy, that website 100% backs up what i said. It clearly says there is no pay gap. AND it explains WHY! It says women go into jobs that pay less than the kind of jobs men go into. Read it for flippin sake!
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    08 Apr '18 06:42
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Uzkess ignores the reality that some ("pink collar" ) jobs are made lower-oaying
    apparently BECAUSE they are dominated by women.

At one time, about all secretaries were men, and the job was relatively
    high-paying and prestigious. After the occupation became dominated
    by women, it became lower in pay and prestige. After all, if a mere
    woman can do the job, then it cannot be worth much in the first place.
    again, you miss the point when it is so clearly and plainly stated....I said and i quote, " they should be asking why women are in lower paying positions than men, not just simply focussing on the dollar value alone."

You want to have women make more money, then get them into jobs that pay more! Don't sit here and complain that an office assistant isn't making enough money....you should be why that office assistant can't get a more senior role with higher pay!
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 05:11
    Originally posted by @uzless
    Uh shavy, that website 100% backs up what i said. It clearly says there is no pay gap. AND it explains WHY! It says women go into jobs that pay less than the kind of jobs men go into. Read it for flippin sake!
    Haha, yep that was funny right, shavs telling everyone else to do research and the first site he links to he blows a big hole in his own foot.
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 06:15
    Yes, you're right, if the difference were .0001% there would be a gender pay gap, you're a real whiz with numbers.
    Is there a gap or not?

Yes there is.
    End of.
  13. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 09:36
    Is there a gap or not?

Yes there is.
    End of.
    Of course you wish it to be "end of" shav.

Is there a gap? Yes there is.
    If it were .001% difference would that still be a gap? Yes it would.

What do you want to do about it?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 10:50
    OMG! You’re a certified Psycholigist (in response to Wajoma)
    ... certified Psycho
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    09 Apr '18 10:57
    If women were paid less "even when doing the same job"

That would mean companies acting against their own best interests hire more expensive men for "doing the same job" Not only do they pay more for men, they hire more men 🙄 the more expensive men 🙄

That is shav's business know-how working at maximum capacity.
    OMG
    I wish you had the intelligence to see how stupid you look.

Consider 1950's London (or even whole UK)
    Labour shortages.
    Solution: Bring women into workforce or ... advertise for men in West Indies.

You really do not understand discrimination do you?