Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 15 Aug '11 14:20
    So in Ultimate Spider-man (which in the Marvel universe is an alternate reality) Peter Parker was killed by the Green Goblin.

    The new Spider-man is a half black, half Hispanic teenager names Miles Morales.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Morales

    Apparently this has upset the usual suspects, like Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck. I think it's a cool idea, and I love his new costume shown here.

    http://comicbook.com/blog/2011/08/13/miles-morales-to-appear-on-ultimate-comicsspider-man-1-cover-variant/
  2. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Aug '11 14:23
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    So in Ultimate Spider-man (which in the Marvel universe is an alternate reality) Peter Parker was killed by the Green Goblin.

    The new Spider-man is a half black, half Hispanic teenager names Miles Morales.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miles_Morales

    Apparently this has upset the usual suspects, like Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck. I think it's ...[text shortened]... cbook.com/blog/2011/08/13/miles-morales-to-appear-on-ultimate-comicsspider-man-1-cover-variant/
    That's sexist. Spiderman has been a man for too long. It's time for Spiderman to be woman.
  3. 15 Aug '11 14:25
    Originally posted by sh76
    That's sexist. Spiderman has been a man for too long. It's time for Spiderman to be woman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Woman_%28Jessica_Drew%29

    There's no reason why a representation of spider man as non-white would somehow be a problem. Can you see or express one?
  4. 15 Aug '11 14:27
    Originally posted by sh76
    That's sexist. Spiderman has been a man for too long. It's time for Spiderman to be woman.
    I'm sure you're being tongue and cheek, but this just in. There IS a Spider-woman.
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    15 Aug '11 14:27
    I think he should also be gay, and have Asperger Syndrome or something.
  6. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Aug '11 14:28
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Woman_%28Jessica_Drew%29

    There's no reason why a representation of spider man as non-white would somehow be a problem. Can you see or express one?
    Of course not, I'm being facetious.

    Let Spiderman be any color or creed or race. I couldn't care less. I actually think it's nice that they make minority superheroes. If it's going to help some people feel a little better about themselves, then it's worth it. Why anyone would have a problem with it is beyond me.
  7. 15 Aug '11 14:29
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I think he should also be gay, and have Asperger Syndrome or something.
    Why not?
  8. 15 Aug '11 14:31
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I think he should also be gay, and have Asperger Syndrome or something.
    There are gay superheros.
  9. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    15 Aug '11 14:31
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Why not?
    Exactly.
  10. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Aug '11 14:32
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I think he should also be gay, and have Asperger Syndrome or something.
    http://www.theonion.com/video/autistic-reporter-train-thankfully-unharmed-in-cra,20098/
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    15 Aug '11 14:33
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    There are gay superheros.
    Yes.

    Superman, Batman, Aquaman, etc.

    Am I missing any?
  12. 15 Aug '11 14:33 / 1 edit
    Part of me wishes they did make him gay. I would just love to see every Fox news host lose their freaking mind.
  13. 15 Aug '11 14:35
    I was hoping some of the far right-wingers on RHP would weigh in here. I'm wondering if they have the same reaction as some of the right wingers are in the media.
  14. 15 Aug '11 14:36
    They should have made him a smart Republican. Down with negative stereotypes!
  15. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    15 Aug '11 14:37
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yes.

    Superman, Batman, Aquaman, etc.

    Am I missing any?
    Robin, definitely Robin.