Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 20:252 edits
    You are either misinformed or not informed

That's the feeling I get in today's society. Both political sides view the other as evil Nazis, therefore, any lying or cheating is condoned cuz you are the side of "good".

I've gone on record here as saying I don't like Trump nor do I like the GOP establishment, however, many here only pick their political side and have a blind eye to their own. The mindless partisan bickering is nauseating at times.

How the GOP, who ran on repealing Obamacare but refused to deliver, can win another election cycle is beyond me.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 20:44
    Originally posted by @whodey

That's the feeling I get in today's society. Both political sides view the other as evil Nazis, therefore, any lying or cheating is condoned cuz you are the side of "good".

I've gone on record here as saying I don't like Trump nor do I like the GOP establishment, however, many here only pick their political s ...[text shortened]... ran on repealing Obamacare but refused to deliver, can win another election cycle is beyond me.
    Two Party systems are inherently antagonistic.
    UK is almost as bad.

The NZ system (not perfect) has delivered a government
    that most can back and the biggest Party is in opposition.

It means consensus politics and deters extremism.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:111 edit

I've gone on record here as saying I don't like Trump nor do I like the GOP establishment, however, many here only pick their political s ...[text shortened]... ran on repealing Obamacare but refused to deliver, can win another election cycle is beyond me.
    You can always vote Democrat !! 😀
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:121 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Two Party systems are inherently antagonistic.
    UK is almost as bad.

The NZ system (not perfect) has delivered a government
    that most can back and the biggest Party is in opposition.

It means consensus politics and deters extremism.
    Deters extremism? I disagree, I think they foster it. They just want people to blindly pick a side and fight.

The goal here is not real division, rather, it is perceived division.

For example, the secret e-mails of the DNC shows the same kind of disdain for Black Lives Matter that many on the right espouse.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 21:14
    Originally posted by @mghrn55
    You can always vote Democrat !! 😀
    Ur.....um......no.

So long as tax payer funded abortion is the party platform I'm out.

But that does not mean I have to vote GOP either.
  6. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 22:41
    Ur.....um......no.

So long as tax payer funded abortion is the party platform I'm out.

But that does not mean I have to vote GOP either.
    I agree that one must vote his/her conscience.
    Lock-step agreement with either extreme screams laziness and lack of critical thinking skills.
  7. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Mar '18 00:222 edits

I've gone on record here as saying I don't like Trump nor do I like the GOP establishment, however, many here only pick their political side and have a blind eye to their own. The mindless partisan bickering is nauseating at times.

Whodey, every once in awhile you hit the mark, and this is one of those times. Yes, both sides seem hell bent on trashing the other side, while turning a blind eye to their own faults. You want to know where they learned it? Take a long look at FOX News and CNN. Their ratings and advertising $$ depend on keeping their viewers in a constant state of outrage regarding the "evil other side" Sadly, both sets of viewers are letting their media outlets do their thinking for them. Score one for Whodey!

Now if we can just get it through your head that Dims, Prog's and Cuz are not words, and only serve to make you seem like an illiterate 4 year old, much progress will have been made. 🙂