Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '18 19:44
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Kmax87's rhetoric shows a very Sinophobic misinterpretation of history.
    (The 'Yellow Peril' was invoked to justify the racist White Australia immigration policy.)

"China does not deserve hegemonic status ..."
    --Kmax87

China has not sought global hegemony. Unlike the USA, China has not established military
    bases all around the world. Has China o ...[text shortened]... y the
    Yellow Peril." That appeal for racial solidarity above all did not succeed at that time.
    It's not IF, China's GDP is already larger than the US. Even though per capita it lags way behind, having that much money at the government's disposal means more for science, technology, like the moon landing they want to try for in a few years.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 17:01
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    I can't see the UK and Russia being part of an alliance in the near future.
    One down, one to go!
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 13:20
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Trumps upcoming meeting with Putin will reset the international, arena. Don't be surprised that as the tariff war digs in, America really starts to pally up with a Brexitted United Kingdom, a glad to be back Russia, and soon to be hegemonic China....... at the centre (an engine room if you will) of a strengthened US-UK-Russia-alliance, that will emerge paying homage to the WW2 era, .....
    I do not claim the prescience of Nostradamus, but at the summit meeting with Putin I had to pinch myself when Trump waxed lyrical about the time ( WW2 ) that US-Russian cooperation was at its finest...