Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 12:511 edit
    I believe it is the moral duty of my country, the U.S.A., to take in at least as many Middle East refugees as Germany. We played a significant role in creating the disruption and chaos. I am so disgusted by Christians who flaunt their faith yet support the most non-Christian policies. Unless you are 100% Native American, every U.S. citizen shares DNA with someone who fled their homeland to survive and/or find a better life in the the U.S. from another nation
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 14:44
    Originally posted by Phranny
    I believe it is the moral duty of my country, the U.S.A., to take in at least as many Middle East refugees as Germany. We played a significant role in creating the disruption and chaos. I am so disgusted by Christians who flaunt their faith yet support the most non-Christian policies. Unless you are 100% Native American, every U.S. citizen shares DNA with ...[text shortened]... who fled their homeland to survive and/or find a better life in the the U.S. from another nation
    suggesting that the united states make amends for something they caused is ludicrous.

LUDICROUS I SAY!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 15:25
    I believe it is the moral duty of my country, the U.S.A., to take in at least as many Middle East refugees as Germany. We played a significant role in creating the disruption and chaos. I am so disgusted by Christians who flaunt their faith yet support the most non-Christian policies. Unless you are 100% Native American, every U.S. citizen shares DNA with ...[text shortened]... who fled their homeland to survive and/or find a better life in the the U.S. from another nation
    We are full up at present. 😏
  4. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 17:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    As I suspect you know, the US is nowhere near full. This should not be seen as a European problem. It is a World problem and should be addressed by the UN and not just the EU. There must be room for them elsewhere.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 18:19
    Maybe some effort should be made to end the war, like by not having Western countries bomb one side or the other, rather than deal with the damage from the war?
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 18:32
    I've never met a Syrian. They should send some to California.
  7. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 18:46
    Originally posted by C J Horse
    As I suspect you know, the US is nowhere near full. This should not be seen as a European problem. It is a World problem and should be addressed by the UN and not just the EU. There must be room for them elsewhere.
    As I suspect you know, the US is nowhere near full- C J Horse

When would you consider the US "full" ?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 19:22
    The USA has a big illegal immigration problem that needs to be taken care of before we even think about transporting a bunch of Muslims across the world so the American people have to take care of them.
  9. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:16
    And you call yourself a Christian? I think NOT. If there is a hell after life, I assure you Jesus and God will send you directly to the eternal fires.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:18
    Yes, there is room for them throughout the industrialized Western world. My country, the U.S., continues to make decisions that damage our stature in the world and cause people in other nations to hate us. You reap what you sow and the U.S. is going to reap hatred upon itself.
  11. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:19
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe some effort should be made to end the war, like by not having Western countries bomb one side or the other, rather than deal with the damage from the war?
    We need to do both simultaneously.
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:21
    The USA has a big illegal immigration problem that needs to be taken care of before we even think about transporting a bunch of Muslims across the world so the American people have to take care of them.
    You are not a Christian. In fact, I would argue that it is people like you who create the terrorist problems we face because you are selfish and nasty.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:53
    You mean full of it.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 22:14
    Yes, there is room for them throughout the industrialized Western world. My country, the U.S., continues to make decisions that damage our stature in the world and cause people in other nations to hate us. You reap what you sow and the U.S. is going to reap hatred upon itself.
    It isn't about room, not physical space. It is about paying for them, as the refugees are instant welfare recipients. How about housing, medical care,

A nation 30Trillion in debt can ill afford any more budget busters.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It isn't about room, not physical space. It is about paying for them, as the refugees are instant welfare recipients. How about housing, medical care,

A nation 30Trillion in debt can ill afford any more budget busters.
    http://www.ibtimes.com/us-airstrikes-syria-against-isis-may-cost-much-10-billion-1694475

If anything underlines how high that cost will be, it’s the combat debut of the F-22 Raptor, which costs $68,000 per hour to operate. That does not include the price of its vast array of weapons, such as Sidewinder missiles and small-diameter bombs, coming in at $600,000 and $250,000 each, respectively.

While the White House has refused to comment to how much the operation might cost, early indications suggest that it will go far beyond the $7.5 million per day being spent on strikes against ISIS in Iraq.
    It's all about priorities. How many refugees does it take to pay for a sidewinder?

If the USA ran a budget surplus that would suck the life out of your economy and impoverish a huge swathe of your middle and working class. You are working hard enough in that direction already. The evidence of migration is that migrants bring with them diverse skills and contribute more than their share to the economic and cultural life of the nations that accept them. Again, if the USA sent home all its illegal migrants from Latin America the economic damage would be far in excess of any possible benefit.