Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    24 Jan '18 15:461 edit
    Those predicting the end times for America and western civilization are going to be deeply disappointed. I grew up in the late 50's and 60's in a 900 sq ft. home with 1 bathroom, 1 telephone and a small box of toys that would be considered poverty level by today's standards. GOP senator McCarthy's communist mania was still fresh in our minds, and the Cuban missile crisis was a serious subject in our schools. Since then we've gone through the assassinations of the Kennedy's, Martin Luther King, Watergate, Iran Contra, Monica Lewinsky, those WMDs in Iraq (that we're still looking for) and on and on. Through it all, people have been predicting the end. We'll it's not the end folks. One day Donald Trump and his little circus will fade into history, either legally or through the election process, and things will move forward. This will all work out.

When Bill Gates and Steve Jobs were building their enterprises, they didn't worry too much about who was in the White House, and who controlled Congress. They stayed informed and voted of course, but they didn't let politics waste their time and drain their energy. maybe we could learn something from these smart guy's. Oh, and D64, if you're listening, I'm sorry if these 2 smart guy's happened to be white (I guess we're supposed to apologize for that now)
    🙂

DISCLAIMER: I've tried to include something in this little post that's guaranteed to offend everyone! 😀😀😀
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Jan '18 15:56
    Didn't offend me...

I agree with substantially everything in your post.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '18 15:58
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Those predicting the end times for America and western civilization are going to be deeply disappointed. I grew up in the late 50's and 60's in a 900 sq ft. home with 1 bathroom, 1 telephone and a small box of toys that would be considered poverty level by today's standards. GOP senator McCarthy's communist mania was still fresh in our minds, and the Cuban m ...[text shortened]... I've tried to include something in this little post that's guaranteed to offend everyone! 😀😀😀
    " those WMDs in Iraq (that we're still looking for)"...They were not only found but were used, ON US. We knew they had them because WE GAVE THEM to Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/15/us/iraq-chemical-weapons/index.html

Ignorance is bliss.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '18 19:11
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    " those WMDs in Iraq (that we're still looking for)"...They were not only found but were used, ON US. We knew they had them because WE GAVE THEM to Iraq.

Ignorance is bliss.
    From your cnn citation:

“The United States had gone to war declaring it must destroy an active weapons of mass destruction program. Instead, American troops gradually found and ultimately suffered from the remnants of long-abandoned programs, built in close collaboration with the West," the newspaper reported.”

Emphasis added
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jan '18 20:08
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople

Ignorance is bliss.
    Okay, see, rank and file Republicans are so gullible that they buy into all the fear and hysteria that Fox News is shovelling out to keep them transfixed. Meanwhile, their eyes are on yesterday's news (Hillary and Obama) and so they don't see the corruption and the buying and selling of souls going on right under their noses in the WH.

And it seems like the more outlandish the stories about "that black man and that woman", the better they feel about the fat, rich, white guy who's going to "save" them from becoming irrelevant in the world. Good luck with that.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 Jan '18 22:10
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Okay, see, rank and file Republicans are so gullible that they buy into all the fear and hysteria that Fox News is shovelling out to keep them transfixed. Meanwhile, their eyes are on yesterday's news (Hillary and Obama) and so they don't see the corruption and the buying and selling of souls going on right under their noses in the WH.

And it seems lik ...[text shortened]... hite guy who's going to "save" them from becoming irrelevant in the world. Good luck with that.
    Hillary and Obama are both in todays news...they haven't skated yet. And I see you worked in the obligatory racism as is a trait with liberals.