Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '10 20:02
    New Flotilla To Israeli Navy: "Go Back To Auschwitz," "Don't Forget 9/11"

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/04/new_flotilla_to_israeli_navy_go_back_to_auschwitz_dont_forget_911_.html
  2. 07 Jun '10 20:04
    Originally posted by sh76
    New Flotilla To Israeli Navy: "Go Back To Auschwitz," "Don't Forget 9/11"

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/04/new_flotilla_to_israeli_navy_go_back_to_auschwitz_dont_forget_911_.html
    I wouldn't like to be onboard next time the Israeli state pirats enters and start the killings...

    Did they learn anything from the last time?
  3. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    07 Jun '10 20:14
    Originally posted by sh76
    New Flotilla To Israeli Navy: "Go Back To Auschwitz," "Don't Forget 9/11"

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/04/new_flotilla_to_israeli_navy_go_back_to_auschwitz_dont_forget_911_.html
    "Go Back To Auschwitz" is clearly unacceptable and will not have endeared them to the public, athough there will be some who will draw parallels ... isnt Gaza a big concentartion camp?

    "Don't Forget 9/11" is perhaps something everyone should take heed of.

    And remember those "fuzzy peace activists" are putting their lives on the line for something they believe is right.
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    07 Jun '10 20:24
    Originally posted by sh76
    New Flotilla To Israeli Navy: "Go Back To Auschwitz," "Don't Forget 9/11"

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/04/new_flotilla_to_israeli_navy_go_back_to_auschwitz_dont_forget_911_.html
    Wow, they really want to draw the lines putting the USA on the Israeli side. Foolish. When will people understand that the Israelis just want a place to live safely? The more they are harassed the longer the insanity will go on. It's like throwing rocks at a Vietnam vet who's had a nervous breakdown and keeps guns in the house.
  5. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    07 Jun '10 21:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Wow, they really want to draw the lines putting the USA on the Israeli side. Foolish. When will people understand that the Israelis just want a place to live safely? The more they are harassed the longer the insanity will go on. It's like throwing rocks at a Vietnam vet who's had a nervous breakdown and keeps guns in the house.
    When will Israelis learn that everyone 'just wants a place to live safely'?

    They are in a unique position of being given a piece of land their ancestors once grazed their goats on 3,000 years ago. ... Its like giving Somerset to the Druids, or Australia to the Aborigines (actually thats not a bad idea ...)

    Israel needs to make some friends (apart from US)
  6. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jun '10 21:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    New Flotilla To Israeli Navy: "Go Back To Auschwitz," "Don't Forget 9/11"

    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/04/new_flotilla_to_israeli_navy_go_back_to_auschwitz_dont_forget_911_.html
    The Israeli government has already backtracked from this two days ago. But I guess the facts don't matter.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    07 Jun '10 21:57
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    When will Israelis learn that [b]everyone 'just wants a place to live safely'?

    They are in a unique position of being given a piece of land their ancestors once grazed their goats on 3,000 years ago. ... Its like giving Somerset to the Druids, or Australia to the Aborigines (actually thats not a bad idea ...)

    Israel needs to make some friends (apart from US)[/b]
    Every other ethnicity seems to have their own territory they are considered indiginous to. Jews have a well known history of persecution. They do have a side to this too that is not completely irrational.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '10 22:02 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    The Israeli government has already backtracked from this two days ago. But I guess the facts don't matter.
    Tell that to the RCP editors...
  9. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jun '10 22:13
    Originally posted by sh76
    Tell that to the RCP editors...
    I'm sure they know. The backtrack is on IDF's site.
  10. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '10 22:16
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    I'm sure they know. The backtrack is on IDF's site.
    If that's true, then I was hoodwinked and I apologize.
  11. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jun '10 22:37 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    If that's true, then I was hoodwinked and I apologize.
    Actually this was so pathetic that I didn't really made any comment about it on the other thread about the flotilla.

    http://maxblumenthal.com/2010/06/idf-releases-apparently-doctored-audio-press-reports-as-fact/
    http://palestinenote.com/cs/blogs/news/archive/2010/06/05/israel-admits-it-altered-flotilla-audio.aspx
    http://jaredmalsin.wordpress.com/2010/06/05/israel-admits-it-altered-flotilla-audio/
    http://idfspokesperson.com/2010/06/05/clarificationcorrection-regarding-audio-transmission-between-israeli-navy-and-flotilla-on-31-may-2010-posted-on-5-june-2010/

    On the other hand we have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOGG_osOoVg
    The Israeli government liked it so much that decided to spread that link that makes fun of people dying.
    I don't know about you but I find it utterly despicable and disgusting. And this is a real thing with no editing and forgeries.

    The facts about this incident are pretty easy to know and discern if one is really interested in the issue. This shouldn't be about Israel defenders and Israel bashers, it should be about humanity and decency. But it is apparent that your lack of objectivity is failing you a lot.

    And to tell you the honest truth: I find it rather sad in you. I really do.
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    07 Jun '10 22:41
    Originally posted by adam warlock
    Actually this was so pathetic that I didn't really made any comment about it on the other thread about the flotilla.

    http://maxblumenthal.com/2010/06/idf-releases-apparently-doctored-audio-press-reports-as-fact/
    http://palestinenote.com/cs/blogs/news/archive/2010/06/05/israel-admits-it-altered-flotilla-audio.aspx
    http://jaredmalsin.wordpress.com/20 ...[text shortened]... ing you a lot.

    And to tell you the honest truth: I find it rather sad in you. I really do.
    http://ht.ly/1Urkl

    Huh?

    What is odd or strange or wrong about this recording?
  13. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    07 Jun '10 22:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    [b]http://ht.ly/1Urkl

    Huh?

    What is odd or strange or wrong about this recording?[/b]
    Copy and paste problems. I've now inserted the right link.

    I also forgot this link: http://maxblumenthal.com/2010/06/idf-admits-it-doctored-flotilla-audio-clip-washington-posts-kessler-must-retract/
  14. 08 Jun '10 00:30
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    "Go Back To Auschwitz" is clearly unacceptable and will not have endeared them to the public, athough there will be some who will draw parallels ... isnt Gaza a big concentartion camp?

    "Don't Forget 9/11" is perhaps something everyone should take heed of.

    And remember those "fuzzy peace activists" are putting their lives on the line for something they believe is right.
    "there will be some who will draw parallels ... isnt Gaza a big concentartion camp?"

    Depite it's pure sophistry, you have drawn the parallel. Living in Gaza is voluntary, and they democratically elected their terrorist leaders. And unlike any concentration camp, they can leave, nor is anyone systematically herding them into ovens.

    Israel gave back Gaza, land which was lost in a war of agression started by the Palestinians. It is theirs now. Let them fix it up. It isn't any worse than Israel was in 1948.
  15. 08 Jun '10 01:47
    they can't leave, Egypt opened the borders and Hamas turned back the thousands of Gazans who tried to leave.