Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 Sep '13 17:20 / 5 edits
    Yes. The time is nigh. Cannabis should of been legal 20 years ago, the pot smoking hippies and socialites who are todays leaders should of sorted it. It should be history.

Instead now that I'm in my 30s I have an Ian Curtis list of friends lost to criminal records, committed suicide in despair, caught in needless black economy trouble just over their liking of weed. If I had mortality stats I think I could damn the govt to hell and back.

I'm not sure how to start but I want the X Million Cannabis Users of the UK to make themselves known. I want to demonstrate we are bigger then any organised religion in numbers.

I read George Soros funded California legalisation campaign, there are big thinkers who see the need for this - Cannabis is a black hole in the UK economy and a needless black hole in its users lives. Imagine only being able to get bread or cigarettes 1 day a week at the risk of arrest, does that sound right?

The X Million need to make themselves known, we need a centralised way to express our views, anger at the current laws.

But how folks, what is the best way?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    15 Sep '13 17:26
    420 block parties clogging up the business district streets in London.
  3. 15 Sep '13 17:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    420 block parties clogging up the business district streets in London.
    yes!
  4. 15 Sep '13 17:36 / 1 edit
    plant cannabis everywhere - absolutely everywhere
  5. 15 Sep '13 17:38 / 1 edit
    edit ... more ideas we need a website - we need string!
  6. 15 Sep '13 17:46
    the last thing we need is more of us stoned. How are you supposed to fight back when you're stoned?
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    15 Sep '13 17:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    the last thing we need is more of us stoned. How are you supposed to fight back when you're stoned?
    Passive resistance. Putting you in prison costs money. Block parties and challenging The Man is fun. Getting angry and fighting isn't always efficient.
  8. 15 Sep '13 18:04 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Dewi Jones
    this requires being stoned and organised !
  9. 15 Sep '13 20:50
    Passive resistance. Putting you in prison costs money. Block parties and challenging The Man is fun. Getting angry and fighting isn't always efficient.
    I like the parties idea - if there was 1 just 1 website you could get a lot of hits, create a swarm of people.
  10. 16 Sep '13 22:42 / 2 edits
    The girls who got caught smuggling cocaine in Peru, one just got a 3 year deal for pleading guilty, I think that's progress.

I don't just want to see cannabis legal. I want to see cocaine and heroin decriminalised - In most European countries there is a legally recognised personal amount of any drug. I think they have that in Russia to. Cannabis is the big issue here thought - It is the black market of the UK - in most parts.

Your new phone comes with a 24 hour surveillance button - That's why I think you need to respect personal use of any drug. Without such a law you could have more trouble - a clockwork orange riot when you try to enforce drugs laws with these new systems like the US prism - The combination of tech and poor laws I think is a growing threat. The recent London riots for example.

I'd like to see a proper protest built around 1 website, 1 logo, the LCA have failed and the message is more complex now as we're talking about the right to personal data also. I make it sound boring though there needs to be some party side to it...
  11. 17 Sep '13 18:36
    Originally posted by e4chris to Dewi Jones
    this requires being stoned and organised !
    If you're 'stoned', then don't bother to attend any of our meetings.

"Die Religion...ist das Opium des Volkes."
    --Karl Marx

Has e4chris ever considered who, under capitalism, benefits financially
    from drug trafficking? In contrast to e4chris, many people can pursue
    constructive lives under much harsher conditions (than e4chris's) without
    having to be 'stoned'.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    17 Sep '13 21:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    If you're 'stoned', then don't bother to attend any of our meetings.

"Die Religion...ist das Opium des Volkes."
    --Karl Marx

Has e4chris ever considered who, under capitalism, benefits financially
    from drug trafficking? In contrast to e4chris, many people can pursue
    constructive lives under much harsher conditions (than e4chris's) without
    having to be 'stoned'.
    Why, what will you do if a bunch of stoned people who don't care about Marx attend your meetings?

I suspect you misunderstand what "direct action" means. Direct action is not about having meetings and discussing Marxist theory.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    17 Sep '13 21:11
    Stand ye calm and resolute, Like a forest close and mute, With folded arms and looks which are Weapons of unvanquished war. And if then the tyrants dare, Let them ride among you there, Slash, and stab, and maim and hew, What they like, that let them do. With folded arms and steady eyes, And little fear, and less surprise Look upon them as they slay Till their rage has died away Then they will return with shame To the place from which they came, And the blood thus shed will speak In hot blushes on their cheek. Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you- Ye are many — they are few"

Percy Bysshe Shelley - The Masque of Anarchy
  14. 17 Sep '13 21:43 / 1 edit
    Why, what will you do if a bunch of stoned people who don't care about Marx attend your meetings?

I suspect you misunderstand what "direct action" means. Direct action is not about having meetings and discussing Marxist theory.
    AThousandYoung has misunderstood what I wrote.
    My usage of Marx's famous quotation about religion between the opiate
    of the people was an allusion to cannabis being used to dull people's
    senses about the injustices in society. I was not referring to meetings
    intended only to discuss Marxism.

If 'a bunch of stoned people' showed up at one of our meetings, then
    either they or we would leave that meeting.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    18 Sep '13 17:52
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    If 'a bunch of stoned people' showed up at one of our meetings, then
    either they or we would leave that meeting.
    In that case, the stoners would have successfully disrupted your meeting.