Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 08:451 edit
    It seems Hillary Clinton just can't take a hint. After 2 failed attempts to become President, Hillary is still making speeches, still organizing what's left of her circle of influence, and other "administrative things" trying to stay in the public eye. Someone needs to get in this lady's face and scream "The American People Have Spoken, Please Leave!" Just for the record I did vote for Hillary (while holding my nose) but this lady is not helping herself or her party by hanging around. Hillary, don't go away mad, just go away!😞
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 08:54
    Originally posted by mchill
    It seems Hillary Clinton just can't take a hint. After 2 failed attempts to become President, Hillary is still making speeches, still organizing what's left of her circle of influence, and other "administrative things" trying to stay in the public eye. Someone needs to get in this lady's face and scream "The American People Have Spoken, Please Leave!" Just fo ...[text shortened]... not helping herself or her party by hanging around. Hillary, don't go away mad, just go away!😞
    Why don't you just save time and stop bitching about it and go register Republican already.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 09:152 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Why don't you just save time and stop bitching about it and go register Republican already.
    I am a left leaning Independent, and don't see how this is "bitching" I was thinking in terms of electoral strategy. If Hillary would consent to gracefully exit political scene (not likely) this would give younger, more electable Democrats a chance to enter the political spotlight, and make their case to the voters. I don't know if this makes sense to you, but it does to me.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 10:17
    I am a left leaning Independent, and don't see how this is "bitching" I was thinking in terms of electoral strategy. If Hillary would consent to gracefully exit political scene (not likely) this would give younger, more electable Democrats a chance to enter the political spotlight, and make their case to the voters. I don't know if this makes sense to you, but it does to me.
    Don't tell me the 2020 election season has started already!
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 10:18
    I am a left leaning Independent, and don't see how this is "bitching" I was thinking in terms of electoral strategy.
    As an independent, I don't think you get much say about what the democratic party does.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 10:201 edit
    Someone needs to get in this lady's face and scream "The American People Have Spoken, Please Leave!"
    The american people, yourself included, voted for Hillary both within the party and in the final election. The american people spoke in her favour. If they didn't then what are you so worried about? If the people want someone else, then she is not 'in their way'.
    The reality is that she is highly unlikely to stand again, but whoever comes next would do well to use her influence to get to the top.
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 11:24
    Given the cooperation Hillary enjoys with the media, you don't think she might be doing a few favours to fill out the news cycle for the next 20 days? There's plenty of time for her to stage her media disappearance during Mr T's first 100 days.
  8. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 14:48
    I wonder what you would say if GW was still giving speeches and critiquing obama and HR. ?
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 16:22
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I wonder what you would say if GW was still giving speeches and critiquing obama and HR. ?
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-08-03/george-w-bush-takes-on-trump-at-ohio-fundraiser
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 16:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2016-08-03/george-w-bush-takes-on-trump-at-ohio-fundraiser
    I did nor like bush either. Go figure, he sides more with the dims than trump.
    I just used him as an example, reagan, bush 1 (who i didn't like either), were not in the press making comments on practically a daily basis.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 16:47
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I did nor like bush either. Go figure, he sides more with the dims than trump.
    I just used him as an example, reagan, bush 1 (who i didn't like either), were not in the press making comments on practically a daily basis.
    To a large extent you don't choose to be in the press. The press puts you there. As long as mchill eagerly laps up stories about Hillary, he will continue to see Hillary in the news.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 17:48
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    To a large extent you don't choose to be in the press. The press puts you there. As long as mchill eagerly laps up stories about Hillary, he will continue to see Hillary in the news.
    When you use the term "you," you're referring, of course, to the public at large.
    That's the only way such a statement can line up with reality.
    The "you" in this picture, however, is with the parties which control the media, therefore, whatever 'they' want to be announced will be announced--- nothing more, nothing less.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 19:06
    It seems Hillary Clinton just can't take a hint. After 2 failed attempts to become President, Hillary is still making speeches, still organizing what's left of her circle of influence, and other "administrative things" trying to stay in the public eye. Someone needs to get in this lady's face and scream "The American People Have Spoken, Please Leave!" Just fo ...[text shortened]... not helping herself or her party by hanging around. Hillary, don't go away mad, just go away!😞
    Not at all. In fact, I hope she runs for Congress again and then for President once again.

Hillary 2020! 😵
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 20:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not at all. In fact, I hope she runs for Congress again and then for President once again.

Hillary 2020! 😵
    Yes, we can't wait for her to come back to NY!😲
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    31 Dec '16 21:24
    Suzianne, mchill is saying this because Hillary will never be elected and to prevent another trump she needs leave the political scene.