Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 02:22
    FYI
  2. 16 Oct '15 02:28 / 2 edits
    According to the World Health Organization, in 2013 approximately 289,000 women died
    of complications relating to pregnancy or childbirth. Carrying an unwanted pregnancy until
    giving birth is a significant health risk (in addition to a major impediment in daily living) for women.
    But 'pro-life' men apparently could not care less about the lives of these women.
  3. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 03:14
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    According to the World Health Organization, in 2013 approximately 289,000 women died
    of complications relating to pregnancy or childbirth. Carrying an unwanted pregnancy until
    giving birth is a significant health risk (in addition to a major impediment in daily living) for women.
    But 'pro-life' men apparently could not care less about the lives of these women.
    Believe it or not, but all lives do matter!
  4. 16 Oct '15 06:34
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Believe it or not, but all lives do matter!
    Except for the conscious ones, of course.
  5. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 06:46
    On its face this is a day for people who have lost children in pregnancy or infants.
    As a parent who has lost a child that was an infant, I'd just wanted you to know cheap
    shots were not why I posted this.
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    16 Oct '15 09:10
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    On its face this is a day for people who have lost children in pregnancy or infants.
    As a parent who has lost a child that was an infant, I'd just wanted you to know cheap
    shots were not why I posted this.
    Your post is the ultimate cheap shot.
  7. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 09:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Your post is the ultimate cheap shot.
    No, I have to take that back you are right, but I wasn't attempting to make it one.
  8. 16 Oct '15 09:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'd just wanted you to know cheap shots were not why I posted this.
    Then you sir, are a fool. You do know what forum this is?
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    16 Oct '15 09:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Really!! There are great losses in life, and your head is so far up your butt you think having
    gone through one is a cheap shot!
    I think it is a cheap shot to announce that you have had a sad bereavement, of which nobody else has any reason to be aware, and that this in some way priviliges you when posting on this forum or can be used to silence another contributor to the forum. I am not aware that you consider the sensitivities of others in this manner when you post your arrogant moral absolutes in such offensive terms.

    I am sorry, in a general way, if you have suffered the loss of a child. It is not my grief and it is unrealistic to expect more. If you think you are unusual in that respect, even among people on this forum, or even between you and the person you are insulting, then it is you with your head up your fundament.

    That kind of emotive contribution is in my opinion totally inauthentic and extremely offensive.
  10. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    16 Oct '15 09:43 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    On its face this is a day for people who have lost children in pregnancy or infants.
    As a parent who has lost a child that was an infant, I'd just wanted you to know cheap
    shots were not why I posted this.
    Who says Today is [xxx] day? We are getting anniversaries and days to remember stuff every day and every week - they are usually commerically driven and certainly, this wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve let's-all-emote-in-public therapy driven fad is an unhealthy and dishonest American convention that is not culturally welcome in other countries with less maudlin attitudes to life. Take it to therapy. Or post it on Spirituality with a nice prayer for the souls of departed spermatazoa.
  11. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 09:45
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Who says this is a day ... We are getting anniversaries and days to remember stuff every day and every week - they are usually commerically driven and certainly, this wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve let's-all-emote-in-public therapy driven fad is an unhealthy and dishonest American convention that is not culturally welcome in other countries with less maudli ...[text shortened]... to therapy. Or post it on Spirituality with a nice prayer for the souls of departed spermatazoa.
    I'm sorry I smarted off to you, it was a reaction I should not have done.
  12. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 09:45
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I think it is a cheap shot to announce that you have had a sad bereavement, of which nobody else has any reason to be aware, and that this in some way priviliges you when posting on this forum or can be used to silence another contributor to the forum. I am not aware that you consider the sensitivities of others in this manner when you post your arrogant ...[text shortened]...
    That kind of emotive contribution is in my opinion totally inauthentic and extremely offensive.
    Your right, I was wrong.....in posting it here and getting upset....on a debate board.
  13. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    16 Oct '15 09:47
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, I have to take that back you are right, but I wasn't attempting to make it one.
    Missed your edit. Okay. Enough said.
  14. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    16 Oct '15 09:49
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Then you sir, are a fool. You do know what forum this is?
    Typically I don't bother with you, but I don't want your post to look like you were jumping
    on me when everyone sees me saying I'm wrong. I smarted off and you were reacting to it
    you were not jumping on me as I was saying I was sorry.
  15. 16 Oct '15 10:41
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Believe it or not, but all lives do matter!
    I was watching Ben Carson on the View the other day and one of the hosts got in his face as asked if he knew what a horrible decision having an abortion was.

    I could only hope but think, is having your gall bladder removed a horrible decision? Is having a face lift a horrible decision? He should have asked why it was a horrible decision.