Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 13:161 edit
    Here is the reaction of CNN's Don Lemon last night directly after Trump's speech in Phoenix, Arizona.

"I'm just going to speak from the heart here. What we’ve witnessed is a total eclipse of the facts—someone who came out onstage and lied directly to the American people and left things out that he said in an attempt to rewrite history, especially when it comes to Charlottesville.

"He’s unhinged. It’s embarrassing. I don’t mean for us, the media, because he went after us—but for the country. This is who we elected president of the United States, a man who’s so petty he has to go after people who he deems to be his enemies like an imaginary friend of a six-year-old. His speech was without thought. It was without reason. It was devoid of facts. It was devoid of wisdom. There was no gravitas. There was no sanity there. He was like a child blaming a sibling on something else. ‘He did it. I didn’t do it.’

"He certainly opened up the race wounds from Charlottesville, a man clearly wounded by the rational people who are abandoning him in droves, meaning those business people and the people in Washington now who are questioning his fitness for office and whether he is stable—a man backed into a corner, it seems, by circumstances beyond his control and beyond his understanding."
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 14:301 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Here is the reaction of CNN's Don Lemon last night directly after Trump's speech in Phoenix, Arizona.

"I'm just going to speak from the heart here. What we’ve witnessed is a total eclipse of the facts—someone who came out onstage and lied directly to the American people and left things out that he said in an attempt to rewrite history, especially wh ...[text shortened]... cked into a corner, it seems, by circumstances beyond his control and beyond his understanding."
    Donald Trump loves making speeches to his shrinking base of supporters, these folks are not interested in hearing the truth, they only want to hear Trump bad mouth the media, and blame others for his own failure to govern. "The Donald" had better pray he doesn't face an impeachment proceeding however because he doesn't have many friends left in Congress.
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 14:47
    Originally posted by @suzianne

"I'm just going to speak from the heart here. What we’ve witnessed is a total eclipse of the facts—someone who came out onstage and lied directly to the American people and left things out that he said in an attempt to rewrite history, especially wh ...[text shortened]... cked into a corner, it seems, by circumstances beyond his control and beyond his understanding."
    It was remarkably bizarre!
    Attacking the fake media for reporting what he said (which you can actually re-listen to if you want) and then ommitting that which he controversially said.

It's like something out of the dummies guide to sheep farming.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 15:591 edit
    My goodness did Don Lemming really turn the eclipse into political capital? That's just sick.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 16:511 edit
    Originally posted by @robbie-carrobie
    My goodness did Don Lemming really turn the eclipse into political capital? That's just sick.
    Political eclipse?

It's the end of the world, we're all gonna die!!!!!!!! 😲

Say, who is Don Lemming?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 17:181 edit
    What I miss are the truth telling Democrats. How did the lying orange people take over? It makes no sense.

Hopefully, the truth telling media can expose the lying Putin puppet and replace him with our future democrat savior.

Will we ever have truthiness again? I would just settle for someone that does not look orange. It's just not natural.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 18:03
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Political eclipse?

It's the end of the world, we're all gonna die!!!!!!!! 😲

Say, who is Don Lemming?
    A lemming is a small rodent usually found in or near the Arctic in tundra biomes. Lemmings are subnivean animals.😵
  8. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 18:23
    A lemming is a small rodent usually found in or near the Arctic in tundra biomes. Lemmings are subnivean animals.😵
    Lemmings are also much smarter than Don Lemon.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 18:28
    Hillary Says "Creep" Trump Made Her "Skin Crawl". But Bill didn't????
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Aug '17 20:31
    You should know.