Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 03:41
    Even when it isn't necessary, some women are still into it...

The results are in: she only wanted to try that hot new restaurant.

A new study published Friday in the Society for Personality and Social Psychology journal found that a quarter to a third of heterosexual women have gone on a date with a guy they weren’t interested in — just for a free meal.

“Foodie calls,” can happen when money’s tight, the grocery store is out of a favorite frozen meal, or a must-try entree is just too extravagant to justify — when the tab comes out of your own bank account.

Two studies, the first conducted with 820 women, and the second with 327, asked participants if they ever engaged in a plate for play: 23% of the women copped to it in the first study, 33% in the second.

The researchers — Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced — also noted that the woman who felt dating for food was socially acceptable were more likely to exhibit the “dark triad” of personality traits. That’s “psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and narcissism” for those without a PhD in psych.

In addition to egotism (with a side of truffled mashed potatoes to-go) Collisson said foodie callers are more likely to engage in “one-night stands, faking an orgasm, or sending unsolicited sexual pictures.”

https://nypost.com/2019/06/21/a-third-of-women-only-date-men-because-of-the-free-food-study/

Queens!
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 03:51
    @philokalia said

[quote] The results are in: she only wanted to try that hot new restaurant.

A new study published Friday in the Society for Personality and Social Psychology journal found that a quarter to a third of heterosexual women have gone on a date with a guy they weren’t interested in — just for a free meal.

“F ...[text shortened]... ps://nypost.com/2019/06/21/a-third-of-women-only-date-men-because-of-the-free-food-study/

Queens!
    There you go. That is the percentage of cads out there waiting to take advantage.
  3. SubscriberPatzering
    is getting old...
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 03:511 edit
    The oldest profession.
    Women will always give themselves up for material gain.
    Even for a hamburger.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 05:263 edits
    @philokalia said

“F ...[text shortened]... ps://nypost.com/2019/06/21/a-third-of-women-only-date-men-because-of-the-free-food-study/

Queens!
    So what? Women are paid significantly less than men and thus have developed strategies to compensate.

It would be wrong for a woman to make insincere promises of love for food.
    Note, however, that men often make insincere promises of love when they
    aim to sleep with women.

Most men of my acquaintance expect or even insist upon paying the
    expenses of a date, particularly a first date.
    When he has much more money, I would not feel guilty about accepting his offer.

When a man invited me to dinner, I asked him what he expected from me.
    He replied, "Just the pleasure of your company, my dear", and he was not disappointed.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 05:411 edit
    @duchess64 said
    So what? Women are paid significantly less than men and thus have developed strategies to compensate.

It would be wrong for a woman to make insincere promises of love for food.
    Note, however, that men often make insincere promises of love when they
    aim to sleep with women.

Most men of my acquaintance expect or even insist upon paying the
    expenses of a date, particu ...[text shortened]... ted from me.
    He replied, "Just the pleasure of your company, my dear", and he was not disappointed.
    If you are a public school teacher men and women get the exact same pay.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 05:41
    @patzering said
    The oldest profession.
    Women will always give themselves up for material gain.
    Even for a hamburger.
    You must find it easy to get laid, the first time anyway.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 05:47
    @divegeester said
    You must find it easy to get laid, the first time anyway.
    In modern culture why expect more than once?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 06:22
    @eladar said
    In modern culture why expect more than once?
    Speak for yourself.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 06:321 edit
    @divegeester said
    Speak for yourself.
    I am speaking for the culture. You are lucky if you can find someone who is not just using you so expect to be used hoping for something better. Do not expect anything other than getting used.

This is modern culture.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 08:28
    @eladar said
    I am speaking for the culture. You are lucky if you can find someone who is not just using you so expect to be used hoping for something better. Do not expect anything other than getting used.

This is modern culture.
    That's just you.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 08:31
    @kazetnagorra said
    That's just you.
    No, I did not participate in that culture.

I was a shmuck.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 08:36
    @KazetNagorra

Are you not the one who said that you pay taxes so any girl you get pregnant can go on public assistance?
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 09:29
    @philokalia said

Queens!
    Sounds like Collisson and Co despise Women as much as you do.

“The researchers — Brian Collisson, Jennifer Howell, and Trista Harig of Azusa Pacific University and UC Merced — also noted that the woman who felt dating for food was socially acceptable were more likely to exhibit the “dark triad” of personality traits. That’s “psychopathy, Machiavellianism, and narcissism” for those without a PhD in psych.

In addition to egotism
    (with a side of truffled mashed potatoes to-go) Collisson said foodie callers are more likely to engage in “one-night stands, faking an orgasm, or sending unsolicited sexual pictures.”[/quote]”

Traits exhibited by 100 % of everyone, (arguably including the Jesus character in the Bible) to some degree, for anyone who’s not trying to defame a whole gender.
  14. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 09:36
    @eladar said

This is modern culture.
    Your half right but totally wrong as usual, the “modern culture” of which you speak is a capitalist one that does not pay some men and women enough to feed themselves.
    Another related problem is that we live in a capitalist patriarchy where men feel it is ok to exploit the poverty of some women and men in order to obtain sexual gratification.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 09:46
    @eladar said
    @KazetNagorra

Are you not the one who said that you pay taxes so any girl you get pregnant can go on public assistance?
    I pay taxes and it doesn't bother me that some of it goes to some people who were unfortunate or made some poor decisions in their life. We are living in a time of plenty and there is no reason to make moderate comforts conditional on anything, moreover, there is a common interest in making sure everyone is in a good position to grow up to become a productive member of society.