Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Nov '17 13:56
    Below is a transcript of Trump's interview with the Wall Street Journal. The following excerpts are actual quotes from Trump:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/trump-wall-street-journal-interview-full-transcript-241214

WSJ: You tweeted this morning about trade talks with Britain.

TRUMP: Yes.

WSJ: Can you tell us more about what’s going on?

TRUMP: No, but I can say that we’re going to be very involved with the U.K. I mean, you don’t hear the word Britain anymore. It’s very interesting. It’s like, nope.

BAKER: So you’d include an agriculture deal with the U.K.?

TRUMP: Well, I’ll tell you, you know, I did – I did thing that nobody even wrote about – although, you did. (Laughter.) But when I was with President Xi, who I have a very good relationship with, I said: Do me a favor. Would you allow cattle, please, to come in? I was last night in West Virginia, and I had farmers coming up to me and hugging me and kissing me because of the cattle stuff. They actually weren’t from West Virginia; they were from other places. (Laughter.) But, you know, it was the Boy Scouts, so they came from all over the country, but –

BAKER: Could you do a services deal with the U.K.? Could that include services?

TRUMP: Yeah. It would include everything.

BAKER: Including financial services?

TRUMP: Oh, no, it would be very – it would be – it would be very all-in with –

BAKER: That’s a big deal.

BAKER: You’ve outlined the principles of tax reform. Can you tell us what you – you know, what you want to achieve fundamentally in tax reform?

TRUMP: Sure. I want to –

BAKER: What are the – what are the main goals?

TRUMP: I want to achieve growth. We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world, essentially, you know, of the size. But we’re the highest-taxed nation in the world. We have — nobody knows what the number is. I mean, it used to be, when we talked during the debate, $2.5 trillion, right, when the most elegant person — right? I call him Mr. Elegant. I mean, that was a great debate. We did such a great job. But at that time I was talking $2.5 trillion. I guess it’s $5 trillion now. Whatever it is, it’s a lot more.
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    28 Nov '17 14:00 / 2 edits
    In that rambling incoherent mess where Trump says we're the "highest taxed nation in the world", over and over?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/26/trump-claims-america-has-the-highest-taxes-in-the-world.html

There are 31 nations taxed higher than the U.S. THIRTY-ONE. I know that by now we're all supposed to be used to Trump's gross factual inaccuracies, but how can anyone be THAT fking wrong?
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    28 Nov '17 15:52
    Originally posted by @vivify
    In that rambling incoherent mess where Trump says we're the "highest taxed nation in the world", over and over?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/26/trump-claims-america-has-the-highest-taxes-in-the-world.html

There are 31 nations taxed higher than the U.S. THIRTY-ONE. I know that by now we're all supposed to be used to Trump's gross factual inaccuracies, but how can anyone be THAT fking wrong?
    Surely by now you must know it's not about facts it's about how fervently you hold to a truth about a belief, and the more it's told that way, it's only your trust in Trump that makes a fact valid or fake-news.
  4. 29 Nov '17 01:37

common man, by now you must realize it's not fun anymore.

Trump is a moron. Nobody sane thinks otherwise. Not even the republicans. The point of Trump is to be a distraction. He is a chimp let loose in a bank and while he throws excrement at everything around and screaming at the top of his lungs, some people are trying to sneak into the vault and steal the money.

At the moment you cannot do anything about the chimp. You must let him do whatever he wants while making sure to hide sharp objects from him and ignore him otherwise. You must ignore the people telling you to look at what the chimp screamed lately (CNN/Fox/Whatever). You must ignore the people acting outraged at what the chimp is doing (Pelosi and her gang of lesser evils).

You must pay attention to the people sneaking into the bank to steal the money. Money from your healthcare. Money from your education. Money from the middle class.
    You must pay attention to the people asking you to pay attention to the people sneaking into the vault like Sanders and other progressives.

You can't do anything about the chimp, you are stuck with him for 3 more years at least. If you pay attention however you might elect better guards to take care of the vault next year.
  5. 29 Nov '17 02:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @kmax87 to Vivify
    Surely by now you must know it's not about facts it's about how fervently you hold to a truth about a belief,
    and the more it's told that way, it's only your trust in Trump that makes a fact valid or fake-news.
    Donald Trump has, at most, a transient coincidental connection to facts or logic.
    That's irrelevant to his devoted 'base'. Many Americans still support him because they hate
    the same enemies that he hates, and they are confident that he will keep on hating them.
  6. Standard member vivify
    rain
    29 Nov '17 02:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi

Trump is a moron. Nobody sane thinks otherwise. Not even the republicans. The point of Trump is to be a distraction. He is a chimp let loose in a bank and while he throws excrement at everything around and screaming at the top of his lungs, some people are trying to sneak into the vault and steal ...[text shortened]... If you pay attention however you might elect better guards to take care of the vault next year.
    The worst thing that can happen is for the public to get used to the spectacular idiocy of Trump. It's absolutely unacceptable that the sheer volume of racist, stupid and factual inaccurate or deliberately false statements has caused people to become bored, and no longer care that standards for a sitting U.S. president are now lower than dog piss.

I never thought I'd see the day where a president giving classified info to officials of a country he's being investigated for committing treason with, has become "old news", and seems passé within just two weeks, because he keeps doing other monumentally stupid, corrupt and racist things.

I can't accept that we're no longer outraged. At this rate, Trump will be invulnerable; nothing he does, no matter how bad, will shock us enough to really care any more. At this rate, by the time the next election comes, no one will have any fcks left to give, and not enough people will feel enough urgency to get to the polls and get rid of this piece trash.
  7. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    29 Nov '17 03:14
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi

Trump is a moron. Nobody sane thinks otherwise. Not even the republicans. The point of Trump is to be a distraction. He is a chimp let loose in a bank and while he throws excrement at everything around and screaming at the top of his lungs, some people are trying to sneak into the vault and steal ...[text shortened]... If you pay attention however you might elect better guards to take care of the vault next year.
    But at least the chimp tweets about those nefarious activities while he takes credit for them. That's how we can see what is going on. With Pence in the Oval Office, we'll never even see the thieves until they've robbed us blind.
  8. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    05 Dec '17 05:37
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    But at least the chimp tweets about those nefarious activities while he takes credit for them. That's how we can see what is going on. With Pence in the Oval Office, we'll never even see the thieves until they've robbed us blind.
    Do you know what is really bizarre? Compared to the present administration, Dan Quayle looks like a pretty sensible veep.
  9. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    05 Dec '17 06:09
    Below is a transcript of Trump's interview with the Wall Street Journal. The following excerpts are actual quotes from Trump:

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/01/trump-wall-street-journal-interview-full-transcript-241214

WSJ: You tweeted this morning about trade talks with Britain.

TRUMP: Yes.

WSJ: Can you tell us more about what’s ...[text shortened]... s talking $2.5 trillion. I guess it’s $5 trillion now. Whatever it is, it’s a lot more.
    The man is permanently off-script. Not good, for a POTUS.
  10. Standard member mchill
    Green Lantern
    05 Dec '17 06:52
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Donald Trump has, at most, a transient coincidental connection to facts or logic.
    That's irrelevant to his devoted 'base'. Many Americans still support him because they hate
    the same enemies that he hates, and they are confident that he will keep on hating them.
    Donald Trump is a fat, arrogant, old man, who is incapable of telling the truth. I'm not surprised he's become a successful politician.
  11. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    05 Dec '17 09:08
    TRUMP: No, but I can say that we’re going to be very involved with the U.K. I mean, you don’t hear the word Britain anymore. It’s very interesting. It’s like, nope.

Is there any significance in that?
    What does US generally understand as "Britain" and "UK".
    And what maybe do you think Trump understands?
  12. Standard member vivify
    rain
    05 Dec '17 11:18
    Originally posted by @moonbus
    The man is permanently off-script. Not good, for a POTUS.
    Off-script is fine. Rambling and incoherent is not.
  13. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    05 Dec '17 21:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

Is there any significance in that?
    What does US generally understand as "Britain" and "UK".
    And what maybe do you think Trump understands?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, Great Britain is an island between Ireland and France consisting of the administrative regions England, Wales, and Scotland. The United Kingdom is a country consisting of the territories of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

As for what Trump understands, only his hair-dresser knows.