Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 13:581 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    So...that single, randomly selected video tells you the whole story does it?

Your powers of perception are far greater than mine then buddy.
    Dude, she didn't even say that the grass was for people. She probably does sell grass for animal feed. Here in the USA we call it hay.
    How do you even know they were saying what the captions read? Do you know Korean? You are doing a lot of assuming you shouldn't.
    Maybe I should create a thread called "if you were starving what would you eat?" and see how many people say grass. I'd eat grasshoppers before I ate the grass they feed on. Think about it.
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:28
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Dude, she didn't even say that the grass was for people. She probably does sell grass for animal feed. Here in the USA we call it hay.
    How do you even know they were saying what the captions read? Do you know Korean? You are doing a lot of assuming you shouldn't.
    Maybe I should create a thread called "if you were starving what would you eat?" and see ...[text shortened]... many people say grass. I'd eat grasshoppers before I ate the grass they feed on. Think about it.
    She looked alert, oriented and well-nourished too.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '18 14:35
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    She looked alert, oriented and well-nourished too.
    What is with you? Havn't you ever noticed that Asian women tend to be thin? Have you ever watched the new version of Hawaii Five O? Grace Park is really skinny. Is she starving?
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 20:58
    Originally posted by @mchill
    The lying troll Wolfe63

It seems 95% of the people here are "lying trolls" according to Duchess. It seems I'm in distinguished company. 😀
    A large proportion (I don't claim an exact percentage) of writers at RHP prefer to lie or resort
    to blatantly dishonest tactics rather than concede that they are wrong. That's obvious.

Mchill may hope to flatter these many dishonest writers by denying their common dishonesty.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:002 edits
    Originally posted by @metal-brain to Wolfe63
    What is with you? Havn't you ever noticed that Asian women tend to be thin?
    Have you ever watched the new version of Hawaii Five O? Grace Park is really skinny. Is she starving?
    "Havn't you ever noticed that Asian women tend to be thin? ... Grace Park is really skinny."
    --MetalBrain

On television, young actresses 'tend to be thin' regardless of their 'race'.
    (By the way, Grace Park is 44 years old.)
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:02
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "Havn't you ever noticed that Asian women tend to be thin? ... Grace Park is really skinny."
    --MetalBrain

oprah is a stunner isn't she...lol
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:03
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_famine

"The North Korean famine (Korean: 조선기근) ... occurred in North Korea from 1994 to 1998."

The DPRK *had* a famine. Reportedly, malnutrition remains widespread there.
    But I know of no evidence that the DPRK today has an ongoing famine.
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:051 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    oprah is a stunner isn't she...lol
    Does Mott-the-Hoopie regard Oprah Winfrey (age 64) as a 'young actress' (to quote me)?
    She's mainly a television presenter pr personality rather than an actress.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:111 edit
    Does Mott-the-Hoopie regard Oprah Winfrey (age 64) as a 'young actress' (to quote me)?
    She's mainly a television presenter pr personality rather than an actress.
    I never said she was an actress, thin, pretty, or anything like that. because she is not. More like a bull moose!
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 21:53
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I never said she was an actress, thin, pretty, or anything like that. because she is not. More like a bull moose!
    In fact, Oprah Winfrey was nominated for an Oscar as the best supporting actress for 'The Color Purple'.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    26 May '18 22:09
    --MetalBrain

I could hardly believe she was 44. My mother and I both say "no way" every single episode. She looks 30, if that.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 23:081 edit
    Originally posted by @ashiitaka
    I could hardly believe she was 44. My mother and I both say "no way" every single episode. She looks 30, if that.
    Grace Park has left "'Hawaii Five-0", believing that she has been unfairly underpaid.
    'Hawaii Five-0' (2010 TV series) has issues of racial discrimination (against Asian actors) in pay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Park_(actress)

"[Grace] Park and fellow Hawaii Five-0 co-star Daniel Dae Kim left the show in 2017, leaving
    the cast without any Asian regulars, after a salary dispute where it was reported that CBS's
    latest offer paid them 10-15% less than their white co-stars, Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan.
    CBS claimed that they had given "unprecedented" salary raises to Park and Kim, suggesting that
    they had been paid a lot less under their old contracts. Some critics noted that the network's
    "refusal to pay Kim and Park on matching terms with O'Loughlin and Caan was CBS's
    formal declaration that they were determined to protect a [racial] disparity that has been
    a sore point since the show's premiere: The assertion was that O'Loughlin and Caan are
    "Hawaii Five-0" "stars" with Kim and Park being merely "co-leads" or supporting cast",
    yet Kim and Park were originally featured heavily on advertising and proved to be a
    crucial part of the show's success."

I suspect that most white Americans reading this would believe that Asian American actors
    (though Grace Park's really Canadian) should be eternally grateful to find any employment
    at all (no matter how stereotypical the roles offered) and never complain about being paid
    less--even much less--than white actors in the same workplace.
  13. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    26 May '18 23:111 edit
    "I agree that a comprehensive peace process was not on the cards."
    --Moonbus

President Trump apparently hoped that the summit would be to ratify the DPRK's abject surrender.
    The US position was to demand the DPRK's complete nuclear disarmament in return for
    perhaps an offer of unleashing American corporations to exploit North Korean workers
    as rut ...[text shortened]... s is largely indigenous, though foreign contributions may have been
    important at various times.
    As a longtime observer of military technology in Asia, I suspect that the DPRK's
    development of arms is largely indigenous, though foreign contributions may have been

I would have to conclude your observations are faulty. Almost all of N. Korea's long range missiles are either Russian or Chinese, not "largely indigenous" at all. It seems your understanding is based on a MISunderstanding. 😲
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 May '18 23:264 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill
    As a longtime observer of military technology in Asia, I suspect that the DPRK's
    development of arms is largely indigenous, though foreign contributions may have been

I would have to conclude your observations are faulty. Almost all of N. Korea's long range missiles are either Russian or Chinese, not "largely indigenous" at all. It seems your understanding is based on a MISunderstanding. 😲
    Can Mchill cite any evidence that 'almost all" of the DPRK's "long range missiles" were manufactured
    in China or Russia and then sold to the DPRK rather than being manufactured in the DPRK?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_People%27s_Army_Strategic_Force

"The Strategic Rocket Forces ... is MAINLY ARMED with surface-to-surface missiles of
    DOMESTIC DESIGN as well as older Soviet and Chinese models."

North Korean missile designs may be largely based upon adapting or reverse-engineering
    proven Chinese or Soviet technology, but that's to be expected in the world of arms development.
    In war, one does not get extra credit for originality. Does the weapons system work or not?

Israeli propaganda boasted of the indigenous Israeli fighter, the IAI Kfir, introduced in the 1970s.
    In fact, the Kfir's a French Dassault Mirage 5 with an American General Electric J79 engine
    (build under license in Israel). Israel obtained complete blueprints for the Mirage from
    a pro-Israeli spy. Israeli engineers contributed by adapting the Mirage to fit the engine
    and adding some avionics. That was the extent of Israeli Jewish 'genius' on this project.

I would add that the DPRK has long been under an international arms embargo, so its
    arms from China or the USSR were not obtained recently directly from China or Russia.

For example, the most advanced tanks that the DPRK imported were Soviet T-62 tanks (of 1960s vintage).
    The DPRK has developed Chonma-ho tanks based upon the T-62 design.
    The DPRK's most advanced tank is the Pokpung-ho, an indigenous design (from 1992),
    which seems based upon Chinese and Russian tank technology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokpung-ho
    "The P'okp'ung-ho is only known to be used in North Korea."
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '18 00:31
    --MetalBrain

Not that skinny. She would look more attractive if she gained weight. She is very thin.