Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    05 Jun '17 17:25
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/trump-criticizes-london-mayor-sadiq-khan-again/index.html

What is the pyschological problem that drives Trump, supposedly the most powerful politician on the planet and leader of the free world (etc etc etc God Bless America and all who sail in her), to hurl adolescent and idiotic twitter insults at London's mayor in the midst of a terrorist outrage?

Is this what you Americans want to describe as leadership?
  2. 05 Jun '17 17:29
    Khan has the audacity to be a Muslim. Of course Trump cannot just let that pass.
  3. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    05 Jun '17 17:48
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Khan has the audacity to be a Muslim. Of course Trump cannot just let that pass.
    I guess he thinks Khan ordered the attackers.
  4. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    05 Jun '17 18:08
    Originally posted by finnegan
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/05/politics/trump-criticizes-london-mayor-sadiq-khan-again/index.html

What is the pyschological problem that drives Trump, supposedly the most powerful politician on the planet and leader of the free world (etc etc etc God Bless America and all who sail in her), to hurl adolescent and idiotic twitter insults at London's may ...[text shortened]... the midst of a terrorist outrage?

Our other choice was Hillary Clinton, so...
  5. 05 Jun '17 18:19
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Our other choice was Hillary Clinton, so...
    If I'm at a restaurant and I feel like having a good steak, I'd probably be disappointed to learn that they serve stale cheese sandwiches. Still, if the only other option is a bowl of diarrhoea with razor blades - and you gotta eat something - I'd probably pick the stale cheese sandwich and perhaps think about finding a new restaurant that offers a wider menu choice.
  6. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    05 Jun '17 18:33
    If I'm at a restaurant and I feel like having a good steak, I'd probably be disappointed to learn that they serve stale cheese sandwiches. Still, if the only other option is a bowl of diarrhoea with razor blades - and you gotta eat something - I'd probably pick the stale cheese sandwich and perhaps think about finding a new restaurant that offers a wider menu choice.
    Exactly, The Dems could have had Bernie, but chose Diarrhea soup and ended up with the Trump skillet with a side of Twitter.
  7. 05 Jun '17 18:40
    Exactly, The Dems could have had Bernie, but chose Diarrhea soup and ended up with the Trump skillet with a side of Twitter.
    1. Your image of Hillary is clearly not based on rational estimation.
    2. Trump wasn't the only republican in the US willing to stand for president.
    3. What are you doing about him now? Surely Pence would be better?
  8. 05 Jun '17 18:40
    I'm no fan of Clinton and no fan of Sanders, but you're extremely desperate and delusional if you really believe that either of them wasn't vastly superior to Trump in every meaningful way. You enabled him by not voting against him, and no historical revisionism can help you shrug off that responsibility. Start dealing with it - acknowledging your past mistakes is the first step to learning from them.
  9. 05 Jun '17 18:45
    You have to dig deeper and ask what Trump really wants.
    1. Trump has no hope in hell of ever getting sane people to like him.
    2. He does have a rather large dedicated base of nut cases that stand behind him however bad he is, and when he pushes the right buttons are even more invigorated. So if he pushes a wide enough range of buttons, for each supporter, one of those buttons will work.
    3. His supporters generally ignore anything about him they dislike.
    4. Support may be totally irrelevant to him at this stage in the game. He probably isn't thinking of reelection - and if he was, it wouldn't be on the dem ticket, it would be on the same extreme rightwing ticket he got in on.
    5. His main strategy so far is deal with any scandal by creating another one. The fact is that he will not get impeached by insulting the London mayor, so it it takes the focus of more impeachable stuff, all the better.
    6. His minders may be deliberately portraying him as a nutcase so that if he ever does get impeached all the blame sticks on him and they get off squeaky clean.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    05 Jun '17 18:59
    I'm no fan of Clinton and no fan of Sanders, but you're extremely desperate and delusional if you really believe that either of them wasn't vastly superior to Trump in every meaningful way. You enabled him by not voting against him, and no historical revisionism can help you shrug off that responsibility. Start dealing with it - acknowledging your past mistakes is the first step to learning from them.
    In the not too long run, a Trump presidency might be far better for progressives than a Hillary Clinton one would have been.
  11. 05 Jun '17 19:12
    Lies!

Hillary was the perfect candidate, never lied, she was the most qualified candidate in human history, and was a wonderful mother and wife.

Stop watching the fake news, will ya?
  12. Standard member caissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    05 Jun '17 19:15
    What is the pyschological problem that drives Trump, supposedly the most powerful politician on the planet and leader of the free world (etc etc etc God Bless America and all who sail in her), to hurl adolescent and idiotic twitter insults at London's mayor ...[text shortened]... n the midst of a terrorist outrage?
    I am not surprised by his ignorance in the slightest. Here in America we have waged a very successful war against educating our people. Our prisons are used as our mental health facilities. "Ignorance elevated to an art form" should be the new motto of the USA.
    My personal apologies to all those around the world who have been insulted by President Donald Duck.
  13. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    05 Jun '17 19:16 / 1 edit
    I voted for Johnson in the general.
  14. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    05 Jun '17 19:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    1. Your image of Hillary is clearly not based on rational estimation.
    2. Trump wasn't the only republican in the US willing to stand for president.
    3. What are you doing about him now? Surely Pence would be better?
    1. Yes it is.
    2. I voted for Cruz, then Johnson.
    3. Nothing but relishing the Democrat's ongoing blunder of scorched earth opposition to Trump, which means the only way he can feed his ego is to look for accolades from the right wing. All he needs is a little flattery and he could be the Dem's dream come true.
  15. 05 Jun '17 19:49
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    In the not too long run, a Trump presidency might be far better for progressives than a Hillary Clinton one would have been.
    If that shakily justified prospect helps you stand behind having voted for a Kremlin-bankrolled anti-vaxxer and lets you sleep at night, then I wish you sweet dreams.