Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 02:06
    Originally posted by Eladar to Vivify
    Sexist eharmony trolls are telling men it is ok to sexually exploit women and it is acceptable to rape women.
    "A couple goes out and gets drunk. She passes out and the boyfriend has sex with her anyhow.
    Sounds like something that might happen and most people would not consider rape."
    --Eladar

Eladar has a different way of approaching women. Eladar apparently believes that a
    man has to get a woman drunk and 'passed out' before it's acceptable to rape her.
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 02:11
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "A couple goes out and gets drunk. She passes out and the boyfriend has sex with her anyhow.
    Sounds like something that might happen and most people would not consider rape."
    --Eladar

Eladar has a different way of approaching women. Eladar apparently believes that a
    man has to get a woman drunk and 'passed out' before it's acceptable to rape her.
    You make false assumptions or intentionally lie.

By the way, have you actually accomplished anything yet?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 02:191 edit
    "...if you want her to get excited, you’re going to have to kiss her without asking for permission."

How has the date been going? Does he want to kiss her before she's ready for it?
    Sometimes when a date has been going badly (no chemistry), a man hopes that he can
    'save' it by speeding up the action physically. He fantasizes that if he can get her ...[text shortened]... g her, her hormones will take over at once and all will be fine.
    That's usually a forlorn hope.
    The article does mention going for the kiss if the there has obviously been chemistry, and offers some suggestions to men to gauge how much his lady may be willing to kiss. Even so, it still take the time to say that the safest way is to ask.

There's a common Hollywood romantic scene where a man and a woman have been arguing.
    Then he suddenly kisses her, she effortlessly melts into his arms, the couple develops an
    instant attraction, and (depending on the film's rating) they may wind up together in bed.
    But real life rarely imitates cinematic dreams.

In silver-screen (or other older movies), there's the scene where a woman actively struggles to get out of a man's grasp while he passionately kisses her; after a moment of struggles, she slowly gives in, overcome by his passion, also melting into his arms. Off the top of my head, there's a scene in "Guys and Dolls" where this exact situation happens with Marlon Brando and the lead actress:

YouTube

I've seen this many times in old movies. This would be considered sexual assault today.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 02:211 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You make false assumptions or intentionally lie.

By the way, have you actually accomplished anything yet?
    I quoted exactly what Eladar wrote. I doubt that Eladar's tireless lying about it will fool many readers.
    As of today, Eladar's original post in the "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy" thread
    has received one 'thumbs up' and nine 'thumbs down'.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 03:25
    I quoted exactly what Eladar wrote. I doubt that Eladar's tireless lying about it will fool many readers.
    As of today, Eladar's original post in the "Rape Apologists Need an Exercise in Empathy" thread
    has received one 'thumbs up' and nine 'thumbs down'.
    It was your comment that I was responding to.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 05:13
    I couldn't care less if you or anyone else becomes a Christian. Your life was given by God and your relationship with Him is your business not mine. Burn in hell or not, makes no difference to me.
    No it wasn't, you moron.
    It was a sperm getting inside an egg.

Where the hell do you dig up these stupid fairytales?
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 05:17
    --Eladar

The rape apologist Eladar objects much more to rape when it's allegedly committed by Muslims.
    Given the known written evidence of his attitude toward rape, does Eladar ...[text shortened]... eve that
    Sweden's government should ignore it if considering whether to allow him to immigrate?
    Hey, if a woman's had sex, but was asleep and can't remember... did she actually shag or not?

Oh, yeah, vaginal bruising...
    Yup, looks like even philosophy will fail Eledar redneck on this one.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 05:281 edit
    He may be making reference to the spike in rape since allowing in Muslims.

Officially the Swedish government refuses to admit the problem. To say that Muslims have caused problems would be racist. The problem is men.
    So this recent surge... in Sweden... did it happen last Friday?
    No. So Trump was fabricating lies based in information he got from watching rubbish TV.

That's the main point.
    Yes, I find it hilarious.
    Yes, you should be bloody worried.

The second issue... this surge in crimes of a rape nature.. what are the figures in Sweden?
    Where do you get "surge" from?

In fact, as far as I know, rape and violence in Sweden has been reasonably stable the last 50 years or so (much higher than anywhere else in Europe though) and there have been a couple of well reported group rapes of a very nasty nature.

When I was at school we had classes on rape statistics, etc. And Sweden (in the 90's) was used as an example of not being comparable to most other (European) countries, because they use alternative legal definitions.
    I have not heard of that being changed.

So, show us these surge statistics and admit that Trump invented a Friday-incident.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 03:26
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Hey, if a woman's had sex, but was asleep and can't remember... did she actually shag or not?

Oh, yeah, vaginal bruising...
    Yup, looks like even philosophy will fail Eledar redneck on this one.
    Once again misrepresnting what I said. But hey, I guess you can't help being yourself.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 03:301 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    So this recent surge... in Sweden... did it happen last Friday?
    No. So Trump was fabricating lies based in information he got from watching rubbish TV.

That's the main point.
    Yes, I find it hilarious.
    Yes, you should be bloody worried.

The second issue... this surge in crimes of a rape nature.. what are the figures in Sweden?
    Where do you get "s ...[text shortened]... changed.

So, show us these surge statistics and admit that Trump invented a Friday-incident.
    https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

I hope you take the time to read it.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 04:20
    Originally posted by vivify
    https://amp.businessinsider.com/trump-cited-a-nonexistent-incident-in-sweden-during-his-rally-on-saturday-2017-2

President Donald Trump cited a nonexistent incident in Sweden while talking about the relationship between terror attacks and refugees around the world during a rally in Melbourne, Florida, on Saturday.

"You look at what's happening in German ...[text shortened]... orrelation between Trump's statements and programming on cable news, of which he is a noted fan.
    Meanwhile, Rioting Breaks Out In Sweden

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-20/meanwhile-rioting-breaks-out-sweden
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 05:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Meanwhile, Rioting Breaks Out In Sweden

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-20/meanwhile-rioting-breaks-out-sweden
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

"Zero Hedge's content has been classified as conspiratorial, anti-establishment, and economically pessimistic,[3] and has been criticized for presenting extreme and sometimes pro-Russian views."

In other words, another crap conservative news source.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 09:06
    YouTube

a tribute to all the people who did not suffer in the latest tragedies that never occured
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 09:402 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

"Zero Hedge's content has been classified as conspiratorial, anti-establishment, and economically pessimistic,[3] and has been criticized for presenting extreme and sometimes pro-Russian views."

In other words, another crap conservative news source.
    Attacking the source rather than the substance is rather predictable and not very effective in other words another crap snowflake post. 😵

Zerohedge our mission:

to widen the scope of financial, economic and political information available to the professional investing public.
    to skeptically examine and, where necessary, attack the flaccid institution that financial journalism has become.
    to liberate oppressed knowledge.
    to provide analysis uninhibited by political constraint.
    to facilitate information's unending quest for freedom.
    our method: pseudonymous speech...

anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority. it thus exemplifies the purpose behind the bill of rights, and of the first amendment in particular: to protect unpopular individuals from retaliation-- and their ideas from suppression-- at the hand of an intolerant society.

...responsibly used.

the right to remain anonymous may be abused when it shields fraudulent conduct. but political speech by its nature will sometimes have unpalatable consequences, and, in general, our society accords greater weight to the value of free speech than to the dangers of its misuse.

- mcintyre v. ohio elections commission 514 u.s. 334 (1995) justice stevens writing for the majority

though often maligned (typically by those frustrated by an inability to engage in ad hominem attacks) anonymous speech has a long and storied history in the united states. used by the likes of mark twain (aka samuel langhorne clemens) to criticize common ignorance, and perhaps most famously by alexander hamilton, james madison and john jay (aka publius) to write the federalist papers, we think ourselves in good company in using one or another nom de plume. particularly in light of an emerging trend against vocalizing public dissent in the united states, we believe in the critical importance of anonymity and its role in dissident speech. like the economist magazine, we also believe that keeping authorship anonymous moves the focus of discussion to the content of speech and away from the speaker- as it should be. we believe not only that you should be comfortable with anonymous speech in such an environment, but that you should be suspicious of any speech that isn't.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 12:431 edit
    "Attacking the source rather than the substance is rather predictable and not very effective in other words another crap snowflake post."

Yawn.

Here's a test: do you have ANY non-conservative source in this? Since your side has become notorious for fake news, this is all I'll accept from you.