Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 13:50
    Incidentally...does Drumpf realize Russia has a larger population of Muslims than any European Country?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 16:102 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    "Attacking the source rather than the substance is rather predictable and not very effective in other words another crap snowflake post."

Yawn.

Here's a test: do you have ANY non-conservative source in this? Since your side has become notorious for fake news, this is all I'll accept from you.
    Yes I agree your feeble attempt to discredit the source was rather pathetic and quite predictable. An alternative source in your echo chamber cookie cutter main stream media, bwahahahah! Six bankers went on trial in Spain yesterday! Could I find a single reference in the toothless bought and sold mainstream media, no siree, does that mean that it did not happen? that it needs corroboration from some other source, does it?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 16:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Yes I agree your feeble attempt to discredit the source was rather pathetic and quite predictable. An alternative source in your echo chamber cookie cutter main stream media, bwahahahah! Six bankers went on trial in Spain yesterday! Could I find a single reference in the toothless bought and sold mainstream media, no siree, does that mean that it did not happen? that it needs corroboration from some other source, does it?
    I'm other words, you have no other source for your claim but one with a dubious reputation.

Not surprising.
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:03
    I'm other words, you have no other source for your claim but one with a dubious reputation.

Not surprising.
    I haven't read the zerohedge article, so I don't know what they write.

But there an incident near Stockholm, Sweden, yesterday where some young people threw rocks at some policemen, who responded by firing one shot. This has nothing to do with Islam or terrorism, however, so I don't know why this is a case for the Donald.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:23
    Originally posted by Eladar
    https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/5195/sweden-rape

I hope you take the time to read it.
    I didn't see a response to this link.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:24
    Originally posted by Lundos
    I haven't read the zerohedge article, so I don't know what they write.

But there an incident near Stockholm, Sweden, yesterday where some young people threw rocks at some policemen, who responded by firing one shot. This has nothing to do with Islam or terrorism, however, so I don't know why this is a case for the Donald.
    Would Swedish news let you know if the people throwing rocks were Islamic or not? The link I provided said that officially Sweden is not allowed to release that info.
  7. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:29
    Would Swedish news let you know if the people throwing rocks were Islamic or not? The link I provided said that officially Sweden is not allowed to release that info.
    How does one determine if someone is 'Islamic'?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How does one determine if someone is 'Islamic'?
    You can ask them. You can identify them as being either a person has immigrated to Sweden or 2nd or 3rd generation immigrant. There are plenty of ways, unless you want to hide something.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:53
    You can ask them. You can identify them as being either a person has immigrated to Sweden or 2nd or 3rd generation immigrant. There are plenty of ways, unless you want to hide something.
    I have a relative who has emigrated to Sweden and is NOT Islamic.
  10. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 17:54
    I'm talking about the rock throwing incident. How do you determine if the people throwing rocks were 'Islamic'?
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 18:43
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I have a relative who has emigrated to Sweden and is NOT Islamic.
    They can name the country of origin.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 18:43
    I'm talking about the rock throwing incident. How do you determine if the people throwing rocks were 'Islamic'?
    I'm talking about rape.

Is it common to throw rocks at police in traditional Swedish culture?
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 18:471 edit
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/21/swedish-police-investigate-riot-predominantly-immigrant-suburb/

Looks like it is likely to have been Muslims, based on Immigrant suburb. I don't know of any other group immigrating in enough number to create suburbs. Looks like something more than just throwing rocks.
  14. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 18:561 edit
    I'm talking about rape.

Is it common to throw rocks at police in traditional Swedish culture?
    No. Is it common to throw rocks at police in traditional 'Islamic' culture?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 19:253 edits

Not surprising.
    More empty rhetoric, oh well. The Washington Post enough snowflake for yah?

Just two days after President Trump provoked widespread consternation by seeming to imply, incorrectly, that immigrants had perpetrated a recent spate of violence in Sweden, riots broke out in a predominantly immigrant neighborhood in the northern suburbs of Sweden's capital, Stockholm.

The neighborhood, Rinkeby, was the scene of riots in 2010 and 2013, too. And in most ways, what happened late Monday night was reminiscent of those earlier bouts of anger. Swedish police apparently made an arrest around 8 p.m. near the Rinkeby station. For reasons not yet disclosed by the police, word of the arrest prompted a crowd of youths to gather.

Over four hours, the crowd burned about half a dozen cars, vandalized several shopfronts and threw rocks at police. Police spokesman Lars Bystrom confirmed to Sweden's Dagens Nyheter newspaper that an officer fired shots with intention to hit a rioter, but did not strike his target. A photographer for the newspaper was attacked by more than a dozen men and his camera was stolen, but ultimately no one was hurt or even arrested.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/21/riots-erupt-in-swedens-capital-just-days-after-trump-comments/

Maybe next time you will learn to address the substance rather than the source, but I doubt it. Ka-ching!