Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:07
    Apparently being in a brig for a little over 4 months is just too cruel for a Navy Seal accused of murdering a prisoner, shooting at civilians and obstructing justice:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/30/politics/donald-trump-eddie-gallagher/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/politics/navy-seal-murder-shooting/index.html

Why an accused murderer is entitled to "less restrictive confinement" when his trial is less than two months away (and was delayed at his and his attorney's request) is a bit of a puzzle. Apparently Trump was watching a Fox and Friends segment regarding him at 7:45 AM and by 8:14 had decided to intervene.

What a joke.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:11
    @no1marauder said
    Apparently being in a brig for a little over 4 months is just too cruel for a Navy Seal accused of murdering a prisoner, shooting at civilians and obstructing justice:

Why an accused murderer is entitled to " ...[text shortened]... and Friends segment regarding him at 7:45 AM and by 8:14 had decided to intervene.

What a joke.
    yeah lets just convict this mf’er before the trial!
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:19
    @mott-the-hoople said
    yeah lets just convict this mf’er before the trial!
    Non sequitur.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:25
    @no1marauder said
    Non sequitur.
    now you try bombast? LOL you are looking especially stupid this morning.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:27
    A correction: Trump intervened the day after the Fox and Friends segment after talking to a Republican Congressman. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/trump-intervenes-in-war-crimes-case-after-watching-fox-friends-segment/
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:55
    @no1marauder said
    A correction: Trump intervened the day after the Fox and Friends segment after talking to a Republican Congressman. https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/trump-intervenes-in-war-crimes-case-after-watching-fox-friends-segment/
    just when did you find this man guilty of anything?

You holler at me when Trump releases some muslim terrorist ok?
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 15:57
    @mott-the-hoople said
    just when did you find this man guilty of anything?

You holler at me when Trump releases some muslim terrorist ok?
    Did I say he was found guilty of anything?

His trial is in May. He is an accused murderer and war criminal; why should he get any better treatment than other accused criminals held in Navy brigs?

Please answer that question.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 16:14
    @no1marauder said
    Did I say he was found guilty of anything?

His trial is in May. He is an accused murderer and war criminal; why should he get any better treatment than other accused criminals held in Navy brigs?

Please answer that question.
    the question is not better treatment...why would he be locked up with pedophiles, molestors ect and denied to see his council?

I rekon though Trump is going to step in throw out the charges, seal the records and Galagher will declare innocence.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 16:22
    @mott-the-hoople said
    the question is not better treatment...why would he be locked up with pedophiles, molestors ect and denied to see his council?

I rekon though Trump is going to step in throw out the charges, seal the records and Galagher will declare innocence.
    Last I checked, murder is considered a more serious crime than the ones you mentioned. Why should those accused of such crimes be locked up with him?

Before Trump, I know of no case where a President interfered in the military justice system BEFORE a finding of guilt. This is just another example of his refusal to abide by well established principles of Presidential conduct.
  10. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 16:41
    @no1marauder said
    Last I checked, murder is considered a more serious crime than the ones you mentioned. Why should those accused of such crimes be locked up with him?

Before Trump, I know of no case where a President interfered in the military justice system BEFORE a finding of guilt. This is just another example of his refusal to abide by well established principles of Presidential conduct.
    Convict code says the murderer is going to take out those chomos at least in regular prison
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 17:09
    @no1marauder said

Hate to break it to you...it doesnt matter what “you know of”! 😉
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 18:23
    @mott-the-hoople said
    I'm sure you can point out a case where a President interfered in a military justice case before guilt was found before Trump then.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 19:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    It matters here on a debates forum.
    Otherwise it doesn't matter what you hate does it?
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 20:454 edits
    @no1marauder said

Why an accused murderer is entitled to " ...[text shortened]... and Friends segment regarding him at 7:45 AM and by 8:14 had decided to intervene.

What a joke.
    There's nothing new about the US government and military covering up war crimes,
    particularly against non-white people (who are routinely dehumanized).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

"Between 347 and 504 unarmed people were killed by the U.S. Army soldiers from
    Company C, 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade, 23rd (Americal)
    Infantry Division. Victims included men, women, children, and infants.
    Some of the women were gang-raped and their bodies mutilated as were children as young as 12 …
    only Lieutenant William Calley Jr., a platoon leader in C Company, was convicted.
    Found guilty of killing 22 villagers, he was originally given a life sentence, but
    served only three and a half years under house arrest."

Calley was acclaimed as a folk hero by many Americans. A popular ballad was written in his honor.
    To this day, evidently, many Americans believe that Calley was treated too harshly.

I have heard Americans rationalize the raping of Vietnamese women and girls as
    a bit of excessive 'R & R' (rest and recreation) for supposedly 'sex-starved' soldiers
    (who were unwilling to pay prostitutes?).

If I recall correctly, the original US military indictment made the racist point of
    referring to the alleged killing of *'Oriental'* human beings, as though they were
    different from *real* human beings. Of course, most Americans then regarded
    the Vietnamese as much less human than white people.

Some jingoistic Americans here have attempted to excuse the My Lai Massacre
    or have fiercely attacked any criticism of it, even daring to mention it.
    While there may be *some* Americans here who sincerely regard the My Lai Massacre
    as a terrible war crime, I never have heard any American *cleanly* condemn it as such here.

In their book _Four Hours in My Lai_ (which I recommend), the authors (British journalists)
    assert that the American response, both official and popular, to the My Lai massacre
    remains dominated by attempting to deny or minimize American responsibility.
    That's certainly true of almost all Americans with whom I have discussed the massacre.

Given that most Americans apparently have learned nothing from the My Lai Massacre
    (which they would prefer to deny or censor criticism), I expect that there likely
    will be similar massacres in the USA's future imperialist wars.
  15. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    31 Mar '19 21:06
    @duchess64 said
    There's nothing new about the US government and military covering up war crimes,
    particularly against non-white people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lai_Massacre

"Between 347 and 504 unarmed people were killed by the U.S. Army soldiers from Company C, 1st Battalion, 20th Infantry Regiment, 11th Brigade, 23rd (Americal)
    Infantry Division. Victims included men, w ...[text shortened]... ponsibility.
    That's certainly true of almost all Americans with whom I have discussed the massacre.
    Your ongoing generalizations betray how little you actually know of American history and culture.

You can "cherry pick" Wikipedia articles all day long. But, that doesn't mean that you understand anything about us.

Americans fought and rioted in the streets over the Vietnam War. Then, as now, the country was severely divided.
    Calley was castigated as a murderer by all but the most lunatic fringe on the right.
    Many Americans despised Johnson and Nixon because of the atrocities and escalating blood-lust.
    In fact, the anti-war demonstrations culminated in the deaths of five students at Kent State University in May, 1970.

I do not need to copy and paste a few choice Wikipedia articles in order to support my facts. I was there. I heard it. I felt it. I smelled it.
    I lived it.

Feel free to beat on another horse, because this one is dead.