Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 Dec '17 03:45
    Not sure where to put this question. Does the thread title satisfy the aims of evangelical supporters who are looking for Armageddon to be brought about by whatever means necessary?
  2. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    06 Dec '17 04:07
    Originally posted by @js357
    Not sure where to put this question. Does the thread title satisfy the aims of evangelical supporters who are looking for Armageddon to be brought about by whatever means necessary?
    Just read the news too.
    With what purpose?
    Just to annoy Palestinians or the whole of Islam?
    Does he care?

I guess he just isn't busy enough.
  3. 06 Dec '17 04:29
    Originally posted by @js357
    What, is Trump insane?

Now there won't be any peace in the Middle East.

Mwhahahahaha!!
  4. 06 Dec '17 04:30
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Just read the news too.
    With what purpose?
    Does he care?

God forbid they commit any acts of terrorism now.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    06 Dec '17 04:52
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Just read the news too.
    With what purpose?
    Does he care?

It was actually a Democrat, Chuck Schumer, who advised Trump to do it. This is possibly the single stupidest move by a Democrat ever made.
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Dec '17 06:29
    In the long run, I reckon being endorsed by Trump will be the kiss of death.
    In the short term, however, I reckon this is going to go down as well as drinking the golden chalice of rotted fish poop (don't know what it is, but it sure as hell ain't gonna be good).

In all seriousness, I don't understand why Jerusalem can't be the capital of two countries. Oh, it's never been done before? So what?
    Time to move on in history.
    Jerusalem capital of Palestine. Capital of Israel. Capital of the world... move the UN there as well. Make it important. Make the Palestinians and the Israeli's responsible, together, for the security.

Oh well... Probably just me.
  7. 06 Dec '17 07:06
    Originally posted by @whodey
    What, is Trump insane?

Now there won't be any peace in the Middle East.

Mwhahahahaha!!
    You voted for him shlt for brains.
  8. 06 Dec '17 07:11
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    In the long run, I reckon being endorsed by Trump will be the kiss of death.
    In the short term, however, I reckon this is going to go down as well as drinking the golden chalice of rotted fish poop (don't know what it is, but it sure as hell ain't gonna be good).

In all seriousness, I don't understand why Jerusalem can't be the capital of two countri ...[text shortened]... nians and the Israeli's responsible, together, for the security.

Oh well... Probably just me.
    This emnity between the Arabs and the Israelites is as old as Isaac and Esau and will never be resolved, the best plan is one of maintenance. What Trump is doing is potentially disastrous but I do agree with you that in the mid term he will just be seen as an asshat with no credibility. If we survive him.
  9. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    06 Dec '17 07:33
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    This emnity between the Arabs and the Israelites is as old as Isaac and Esau and will never be resolved, the best plan is one of maintenance. What Trump is doing is potentially disastrous but I do agree with you that in the mid term he will just be seen as an asshat with no credibility. If we survive him.
    Ummmmm, you mean Isaac and Ishmael, yes?
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Dec '17 08:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Not exactly correct though.

Jews and Moslims have a long history of living in relative peace and harmony.

It wasn’t until Christian zionism (late 1800’s) became hip (to advance the second coming of Christ in a Calvanistic dystopic nightmarish interpretation of the bible) that Palestine became the cesspit of despair that we know today.

One exception: Jerusalem... but that’s been an ongoing nightmare for 3000 years. And that’s not just the fault of the Abrahmic religions.
  11. 06 Dec '17 08:13
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Ummmmm, you mean Isaac and Ishmael, yes?
    Err yes lol.
  12. Standard member vivify
    rain
    06 Dec '17 16:00 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    It was actually a Democrat, Chuck Schumer, who advised Trump to do it. This is possibly the single stupidest move by a Democrat ever made.
    https://splinternews.com/chuck-schumer-backs-trumps-disastrous-plan-to-recognize-1821036193

Schumer’s support isn’t exactly surprising. He is a fervent Israel backer who co-sponsored a bill that would criminalize support for the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaign against the country.

Schumer's faith is Judaism. Let him serve as a harsh reminder why politicians should should never let their religion factor into political decisions. Not only did he sponsor a law banning free speech, the potential unrest he caused is with Trump is incalculable.
  13. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    06 Dec '17 19:08
    Originally posted by @whodey
    What, is Trump insane?

Nah ... just following orders.
    Putin recognised West Jerusalem as Israeli capital earlier this year.

Trump goes one step further.
    Don't suppose he even knows that East Jerusalem is illegally occupied by Israel?
  14. 06 Dec '17 20:05
    To think that Israel has so little control over their own capital is absurd.

Nothing the Zionists will do can ever pacify the Palestinians other than jump into the sea.
  15. 06 Dec '17 20:16
    This just can't be, the press labeled Trump as anti-Semitic long ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/19/us/politics/anti-semitism-trump-supporters-twitter.html