Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 20:162 edits
    Trump out foxed the fox this go round. He put the navy seal wife up for all to see and praised her and her husbands sacrifice, knowing that Dims would sit squarely in their seats and not even applaud no matter what Trump did or said. Now they all look like a horses arse.

I've heard comments from the left that the woman was used by Trump and nothing more than a tool, I suppose saying that the woman in question was not smart enough not to be used. I'm sorry, what happened to the feminists defending her intelligence from the misogynists?

Look forward to 4 more years of this Dims. Trump is playing your own game on you now.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 20:50
    Yeah, the Democrats look real bad now in comparison to the draft dodger defending a botched raid he ordered.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 20:58
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4273546/Former-Clinton-volunteer-fired-tweet-SEAL-widow.html
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 22:382 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yeah, the Democrats look real bad now in comparison to the draft dodger defending a botched raid he ordered.
    Are you defending the Dims who did not stand and clap for the grief stricken woman? Was not standing and clapping their statement that Trump was a draft dodger and called a bad mission so screw you all?

Do you think that the woman, who was a blond, was not smart enough to figure out that Trump was responsible for her husbands death?
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 23:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are you defending the Dims who did not stand and clap for the grief stricken woman? Was not standing and clapping their statement that Trump was a draft dodger and called a bad mission so screw you all?

Do you think that the woman, who was a blond, was not smart enough to figure out that Trump was responsible for her husbands death?
    She is obviously just another white American racist, right D?
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 23:39
    Trump out foxed the fox this go round. He put the navy seal wife up for all to see and praised her and her husbands sacrifice, knowing that Dims would sit squarely in their seats and not even applaud no matter what Trump did or said. Now they all look like a horses arse.

I've heard comments from the left that the woman was used by Trump and nothing more ...[text shortened]... nists?

Look forward to 4 more years of this Dims. Trump is playing your own game on you now.
    What Democrats did not stand and applaud the Navy SEAL's wife? Name one.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 23:46
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What Democrats did not stand and applaud the Navy SEAL's wife? Name one.
    A report said that Debbie Wasserman Schultz sttod for the introduction but sat for applause.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Mar '17 23:55
    Originally posted by Eladar
    A report said that Debbie Wasserman Schultz sttod for the introduction but sat for applause.
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/mar/01/blog-posting/reports-falsely-accuse-democrats-refusing-stand-go/
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 00:021 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/mar/01/blog-posting/reports-falsely-accuse-democrats-refusing-stand-go/
    I suppose it depends on what alternative truthiness news source you wish to embrace.

What I do know is that many Dims said that the wife of the slain navy seal was nothing more than a tool of Trump.

What say you?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 00:141 edit
    I suppose it depends on what alternative truthiness news source you wish to embrace.

What I do know is that many Dims said that the wife of the slain navy seal was nothing more than a tool of Trump.

What say you?
    No, it doesn't. The video is right in the link I provided, no matter what "alternative facts" the right wing blogosphere peddles.

Considering that Trump earlier that same day refused to accept blame for Ryan's death even though he is the Constitutionally empowered Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, the whole episode was in somewhat bad taste though prior Presidents have done similar things at such speeches - though none ever so blatantly passed the buck as King Donald did:

During an appearance Tuesday on Fox News, Trump said the January raid on an al-Qaida stronghold “was started before I got here” and that generals within the Defense Department were insistent on moving ahead. The president did not identify the generals by name. Navy SEAL William "Ryan" Owens was killed and three other U.S. service members.

“This was something they wanted to do,” he said. “They came to me, they explained what they wanted to do, the generals, who are very respected, the most respected that we’ve had in many decades, I believe. And they lost Ryan.”

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-blames-generals-seal-death
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 00:221 edit
    My personal take is this: there are two very different sections of the speech regarding Chief Owens and his wife. First:

"We are blessed to be joined tonight by Carryn Owens, the widow of U.S. Navy special operator, Senior Chief William "Ryan" Owens. Ryan died as he lived: a warrior, and a hero — battling against terrorism and securing our nation."

no1: Anyone who didn't stand and applaud that should be criticized (apparently there is no evidence that anyone didn't).

Second:

"I just spoke to our great Gen. Mattis, just now, who reconfirmed that, and I quote, ‘Ryan was a part of a highly successful raid that generated large amounts of vital intelligence that will lead to many more victories in the future against our enemy.’ Ryan’s legacy is etched into eternity."

While the last sentence makes it hard not to applaud, the rest of it seems to be a lot of BS. Multiple reports have indicated that the raid produced no actionable intelligence and as dozens of civilians were killed including at least 10 children to characterize the raid as "highly successful" or a "victory" is dishonest and/or insensitive in the extreme. Owen's father has called the mission a "stupid" one. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article135064074.html
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 03:07
    ....I've heard comments from the left that the woman was used by Trump....
    I watched the speech in full and when Trump identified her as the widow of a Navy Seal and spoke of the sacrifice he made, it made for a touching, special human moment, that both sides of the house applauded and stood for, and then without warning, Trump wrenched everyone back into his reality by commenting on the record length of time the standing ovation lasted for and in an instant he had robbed the moment of any deep unifying meaning and exposed his motives for the callous manipulation of other people's suffering for his ratings benefit.

I could get angry about it but I realise that this is just Trump. He's always working the angles and after a lifetime of thinking out aloud he just can't leave a tender moment alone and has to sully it with his childlike wow realisation which he just has to bookmark in case anyone missed it, because he is such an egotistical asshat he cannot initiate anything without trying to cash in or take credit for......
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 07:12

I've heard comments from the left that the woman was used by Trump and nothing more ...[text shortened]... nists?

And here you sit on a chess website using her yet again.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 07:15

What say you?
    What I say is that Navy SEAL did not have to die, PERIOD.

The killer of that woman's husband isn't doing her any favors by parading her around for his own benefit.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    04 Mar '17 08:48

I really don't care about the political theater of American politics and who they may or may not clap for. No amount of clapping is going to bring back the people who were killed during this raid.

Maybe they should have asked Jeb Bush to help motivate the Democrats in this regard.