1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 07:251 edit
    Why is it ok for Trump to have rallies which will be superspreaders of C19 and no PPE? Isn't 130,000 deaths enough to cause alarm amongst those folks attending the rally with no PPE where all it takes is a person literally just breathing while not even knowing they have the virus and apparently not caring;. Why do you think that is ok?

And why can you either condone or ignore the fact there are still a thousand kids held in detention centers even though Trump puplically claims not to separate children from parents any more but the sad fact is there are literally hundreds separated where Trump literally doesn't care what kind of PTSD, long term mental damage that will undoubtedly cause those kids, some infants?

Do you really believe the virus will magically disappear in a few weeks when the southern states are having an upsurge we have not seen in a hundred years. Why are you supporters ignoring that or secretly condoning that stance?

Why do you think it's ok for Trump to never read his daily reports from intel?
    Do you think he is such a genius he doesn't NEED any such intel?

Why is it ok for Trump to be doing Putin's bidding? Pulling troops out of Germany which is what Putin has been after for literally YEARS?

Or saying it's a hoax Putin would pay 100,000 dollars reward for ISIS and others to kill American soldiers. I assume therefore you think it IS a hoax since you 100% believe whatever Trump tells you.

Is that the gist of it? You really believe everything all of the above, that Trump says has to be the truth?

Even though he is playing right out of the authoritarian play book?

Do you really WANT an authoritarian as POTUS? One who rewards his criminal friends and punishes his political enemies? This is ok with you?

And Trump talking about closing down post offices not for some dispute with Amazon as he claims but because he wants to shut down voting so much he thinks by doing that he will have a chance to win come November?
    And that because he publicly rails against mail in votes even though his whole family mails in votes?

You think it is fair he himself uses that system to vote but apparently does not believe you the average voter should be allowed to do the same under the pretext there is widespread voter fraud even though the only voter fraud was found amongst republicans?

Is it ok that in some states voter suppression by various means in for instance in Indiana, 24 % of ALL eligible voters there are now uneligible to vote and the national average is near 8 % of voters now ineligible to vote?

Do you think it is a good thing SCOTUS by a 9 to zero vote upheld the idea of states having the power to force electors to vote for the popular vote winner, thus throwing a hole in the idea of the electoral college?

Hillary won the popular vote by 3 MILLION yet lost to Trump. Under this latest decision that would have reversed the electoral college electors and Hillary would be POTUS.

Would you think that a fair thing, that the popular vote should elect the POTUS?

Trump for 100% sure doesn't think so, and I would think you would by being a Trump supporter would hate that idea also.

Am I wrong? Are you really against a true democracy where the popular vote wins the election?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 14:32
    @sonhouse
    Either the Trump supporters left or they can't answer my questions.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 15:12
    Just some thoughts this morning.
    Not being American and certainly not an expert on the constitution, in particular the checks and balances in place within the American political system, I put some of this forth to those in this forum who have a greater knowledge than I do.

What powers does a POTUS have at his/her disposal in regards to an election ?
    (1) - postponing an election due to a National crisis of some sort.
    (2) - overturning or disregarding the results of election because of some suspicion of unethical activity during the election process.

I'll comment on (2) first.
    The current President has had terms like "rigged election" as a frequent part of his vocabulary for quite some time now.
    And it has crossed my mind more than once that it is possible that he won't relinquish power in the event of losing.
    The narrative of rigged elections and mail-in ballots and voting irregularities in general is already underway in earnest.
    As is the alterations of the voter lists.
    I've already read an article somewhere where someone with some knowledge of the constitutional mechanisms in place has mapped out a process that the Trump campaign team may be looking at.
    (If a journalist is aware of this, then people in the White House must be).
    I just think this President will not give up power that easily.
    I guess the question out there is how robust the check and balances in the American political system are, compared to other countries.
    There is some consensus that Brazil is about to slip back into a dictatorship, having been a democracy for less than 4 decades.
    But Brazil is not America, I hope.

As to (1), under what conditions can an election be postponed ?
    I'm thinking a massive natural disaster, an all out war, or something of a similar serious nature.
    With this President, I would put this question out there.
    Some thoughts that come to mind...
    Starting a war with, say Iran, and declaring a national emergency had come to mind.
    What has come to mind more recently is the current COVID 19 pandemic.
    Could this administration be letting this flare out of control into a full-blown national emergency (as if it isn't already) serious enough to postpone an election ?

While this may illicit howls of "preposterous" amongst many in this forum, I can say that I have seen enough in this past 3 and 1/2 years that I would not have believed possible before the 2016 election.

Basically, what mechanisms are in place in America to protect against these unstable times.

What I see in this President is someone who is on the same trajectory as Putin.
    Not as far along, of course.
    But the trajectory is the same.

A final question for the Trump supporters.
    When are you guys going to come out of your slumber ?

This post is all yours.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 16:131 edit
    @mghrn55
    He really wants to kill the post office for the express purpose of killing mail in votes on the theory those will be majority democrat. He also has in place an effort to take it to the courts if the count only swings a few percent in democrat favor, if the courts take up the issue it could take months and go all the way to SCOTUS.

Like you said, he will not go quietly into that dark night of his soul.
    I also would not put it past him to create a diversionary war somewhere say in late October.

I also would not put it past him to declare martial law and arrest both houses of congress and that would depend on how far the military would go with it.

I'm hoping the tax return issue in SCOTUS right now comes up in time for November and they actually allow the investigators to look real close at his tax returns.

He already said "
    "if they look at those tax returns closely I'm screwed"

Except he didn't say 'screwed' 🙂
  5. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 17:37
    @sonhouse
    So....my concerns are fairly well founded.
    This stuff is out there.

And yes, while we are listening for some response from the Trumpskulls, all we are hearing is crickets. 😴
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 18:341 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    Just some thoughts this morning.
    Not being American and certainly not an expert on the constitution, in particular the checks and balances in place within the American political system, I put some of this forth to those in this forum who have a greater knowledge than I do.

What powers does a POTUS have at his/her disposal in regards to an election ?
    (1) - postponing an e ...[text shortened]... Trump supporters.
    When are you guys going to come out of your slumber ?

This post is all yours.
    Re: COVID-19 and its influence on the election, this would be minimized with mail-in voting, and that is why the administration has been vocal against it.

The fact is that the more people vote in an election, it is more likely to favor the Democrat. Fewer votes cast is favorable for the Republican. Keeping people from voting, especially oppressed minorities, has been standard Republican policy for decades. The recent decision by the Supreme Court that allows states to pass laws requiring electors to vote according to their state's vote, IMO, effectively eliminates any reason to have the Electoral College in the first place. Let the freedom of "one person, one vote" finally come to America. The founding fathers tried to give us a tool to keep demagogues out of the White House; it was a good idea on the face of it, but now that this function has effectively been removed, the Electoral College now serves no useful purpose but to keep Republicans in power and to bring them back once kicked out. It abrogates the will of the people. More people voted for Hillary in 2016, yet Trump was enabled by the Electoral College scam. And now the Supreme Court, bought by Donald Trump and Mitch McConnell, has enabled the EC to continue propping up unpopular demagogues without any threat to them of any 'checks and balances'. Eliminating the EC should finally get this ungainly and unpopular monkey off our backs, especially now that it has been neutered of its ability to keep demagogues out.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Jul '20 19:401 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 01:22
    More crickets...... Where are the Trump supporters ?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 01:41
    @mghrn55
    It might be because Trump is really losing supporters.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Jul '20 16:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 00:12
    @sonhouse said
    @mghrn55
    It might be because Trump is really losing supporters.
    Still no response! I guess Whodey is really gone. But no Moot, no elgar or metal head?
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 01:41
    @sonhouse

Crickets.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '20 01:47
    @mghrn55
    Looks like they know good and well there IS no defense to Trump's corruption.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree