Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 May '18 14:441 edit
    Bornstein said the incident, which he described as a "raid," took place days after he told The New York Times that Trump takes Propecia, a drug for men with enlarged prostates that helps with hair.

No1Marauder and SH76. You're the lawyers here, could you please explain to the rest of us if this is legal. I thought one needed a search warrant or a signed HIPAA release form to do this.

I don't even want to think about the justification for this stupidity. 😞

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/385655-trumps-ex-doctor-says-trump-staff-raided-his-office

http://time.com/5261596/donald-trump-medical-files-raid-doctor-harold-bornstein/
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 May '18 15:06
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Bornstein said the incident, which he described as a "raid," took place days after he told The New York Times that Trump takes Propecia, a drug for men with enlarged prostates that helps with hair.

No1Marauder and SH76. You're the lawyers here, could you please explain to the rest of us if this is legal. I thought one needed a search warrant or a signed H ...[text shortened]... d-his-office

http://time.com/5261596/donald-trump-medical-files-raid-doctor-harold-bornstein/
    Bornstein violated the law by releasing Trumps medical info...but that is not what you want to hear is it?
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 May '18 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Bornstein violated the law by releasing Trumps medical info...but that is not what you want to hear is it?
    I was asking the opinion of the legal professionals here. I don't think you qualify.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 May '18 17:15
    As far as HIPAA, that's only a violation if the someone wrongly releases medical info. It doesn't apply to those who take it by force.

The raid as described by the doctor could be unlawful breaking and entering and possibly theft.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    02 May '18 18:42
    I was asking the opinion of the legal professionals here. I don't think you qualify.
    You have been lied to...there are no legal professionals here. Or at least not one that is worth anything...do you really think a professional anything would be wasting time here?
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 May '18 21:005 edits
    You have been lied to...there are no legal professionals here. Or at least not one that is worth anything...do you really think a professional anything would be wasting time here?
    You have been lied to...there are no legal professionals here

SH76 and No1Maruder have law degrees, that makes them legal professionals.

You see Mott: If I have a legal question, I ask a lawyer. If I have a medical question, I ask a doctor. If I have a question about engineering, I ask an engineer. If I have a question about jewelry, I ask a jeweler. I don't know where you get your information, but that's how I do it.

But Thank You for your opinion as to wether they they are worth anything, I'll give your opinion all the consideration it deserves. 🙄🙄
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    02 May '18 21:151 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill to Mott-the-Hoopie
    You have been lied to...there are no legal professionals here

SH76 and No1Maruder have law degrees, that makes them legal professionals.

You see Mott: If I have a legal question, I ask a lawyer. If I have a medical question, I ask a doctor. If I have a question about engineering, I ask an engineer. If I have a question about jewelry ...[text shortened]... er they they are worth anything, I'll give your opinion all the consideration it deserves. 🙄🙄
    When Mchill has questions about racism, he should ask non-white people who experience racism.
    When Mchill has questions about sexism, he should ask women who experience sexism.

But does Mchill do that or prefer to accept what other white men tell him about racism and sexism?
  8. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 May '18 21:41
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    When Mchill has questions about racism, he should ask non-white people who experience racism.
    When Mchill has questions about sexism, he should ask women who experience sexism.

But does Mchill do that or prefer to accept what other white men tell him about racism and sexism?

Thank You for your opinion Duchess. I will give your opinion all the consideration it deserves as well. 🙂
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 May '18 02:48
    And then you'll sit back and bitch about what those women have to say because they had the gall to speak about sexism and not racism.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 May '18 05:09
    How the hell could it be legal for Trump’s team to raid anything but a fridge?
    They’re not law enforcement are they?

How the hell can it be right for a doctor to release a patient’s medical information?

There’s so much wrong in this whole story, it must come from a parallel dimension.

Laywers, priests and bankers are the parasites of society. The only question they ahould be asked is: “Will you piss off, please?”

As for asking women about sexism... yeah, I’ve followed the whole metoo malarkey... I get the distinct impression that if you can call Margaret Atwood anti-woman and anti-feminist, that you’ve lost the plot completely (and are busy destroying a movement which is basically a move in the right direction).

And hence: asking those people about sexism is about as fruitful to educated opinion as asking Mott Hooplesness about pre-Victorian sentiments on post-Byzantine homosexual food in Tsarist Russia.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 May '18 05:481 edit

No1Marauder and SH76. You're the lawyers here, could you please explain to the rest of us if this is legal. I thought one needed a search warrant or a signed H ...[text shortened]... d-his-office

If Trump's representatives had a signed authorization from the Donald for the records then I don't see any legal problem though Bornstein should have retained copies.

Lawyers get medical records from doctors all the time with such authorizations; the patient doesn't have to be present at the time of the handover.
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    03 May '18 06:25
    So you prefer vigilante justice and people if they think they are justified should just take the LAW into their own hands?
  13. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    03 May '18 14:19

Duchess64 has no questions: She knows everything.
  14. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    03 May '18 14:483 edits

What does sexism by white males matter to you, as long as you can vote pu$$y grabbing rapists into office as president and else where, so it puts cash in your pockets; and, you know that only other women's pu$$ies are being grabbed Duchess? Ask your Trump loving Latino friend who's god is money that one Duchy poo. Since you're a Trump loving sheep, you have no room to talk about sexism by white males what so ever. Your supposed victimization by white males has hit a brick wall Duchess; and, any further discussion by you on the topic means absolutely NOTHING.
  15. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 May '18 17:36
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And then you'll sit back and bitch about what those women have to say because they had the gall to speak about sexism and not racism.
    Shhhh...once you get on Duchess's bad side, you can't go back. 😲