Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 10:56
    Mr Trump was invited to the UK for a state visit after just seven days as president, while it took 758 days for Barack Obama and 978 days for George W Bush.

This'll be fun.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:011 edit
    We have seen two petitions on the subject - one against a state visit, which got 1.85 million signatures, and one in favour which got 311,000.

3. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:01
    Trump is easily manipulated so it makes sense to invite him early and often.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:04
    Maybe this is the plan:
    http://archive.is/CqOTr
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Trump is easily manipulated so it makes sense to invite him early and often.
    Therese May won't be manipulating Trump.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:22
    The President shall be accorded all the honours that a state visit dictates. He would do well though to stay away from some areas of Londonistan 😵
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:371 edit
    The most amazing thing for me about Mr. Trump is his lack of vocabulary. Did he really go to the best schools money could buy? what did he learn there? How can someone who allegedly co authored a book be so inarticulate. It begs belief.
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 11:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The most amazing thing for me about Mr. Trump is his lack of vocabulary. Did he really go to the best schools money could buy? what did he learn there? How can someone who allegedly co authored a book be so inarticulate. It begs belief.
    This is sheer bloody poetry:

"You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.”
  9. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 12:18
    Originally posted by Great King Rat

"You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.”
    "If Russia and the United States actually got together and got along — and don't forget, we're a very powerful nuclear country, and so are they. There's no upside. We're a very powerful nuclear country, and so are they. I have been briefed. And I can tell you one thing about a briefing that we're allowed to say because anybody that ever read the most basic book can say it: Nuclear holocaust would be like no other."
  10. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 14:32
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/20/british-muslim-teacher-denied-entry-to-us-on-school-trip

British teacher with a school trip to the USA was taken off the flight and prevented from travelling, leaving pupils and colleagues to continue without him.

Wonder if Therese May will be defending this British citizen.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 15:25
    Originally posted by finnegan
    We have seen two petitions on the subject - one against a state visit, which got 1.85 million signatures, and one in favour which got 311,000.

People in favor of routine things don't typically go online and find petitions.

That's why polling is done scientifically rather than by posting online polls that anyone can click.
  12. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 15:33
    Originally posted by sh76
    People in favor of routine things don't typically go online and find petitions.

That's why polling is done scientifically rather than by posting online polls that anyone can click.
    I agree about the polling, but this does no alter the fact the "The Donald" is about as popular in Europe as radioactive waste.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 16:04
    Originally posted by Great King Rat

Did he really say that? Its worse than I thought.
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 16:19
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Did he really say that? Its worse than I thought.
    I've been working an a Trump song based on Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a work in progress. The goal is to have all of the UK sing this as Trump meets up with May. Should be doable.

Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a Trumpslide
    Let's all escape from reality

Open your eyes, look up to the sky
    Ask
    Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

He's just a dumbass
    Shouldn't be president
    For he's a
    Narcissistic timebomb
    Gonna blow the world up

Anywhere he shows up
    People shake their heads and cry

And cry

Mama
    We've done it now
    Got an orange for a king
    Don't know nothing about a thing

Mama
    His term has just begun
    But already he's pissed off half the world for fun

Mama
    Oohoohooooh
    Didn't mean to weep and cry
    But when he told us of Uranium it hurt my cranium
    And what the fudge is with his hair??
    I think it might be upside down.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    21 Feb '17 16:24
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Mr Trump was invited to the UK for a state visit after just seven days as president, while it took 758 days for Barack Obama and 978 days for George W Bush.

This'll be fun.
    Well it's hardly unprecedented because Theresa May has already been to the white house. To delay a reciprocation would be weird.