Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 02:572 edits
    https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/apr/10/donald-trump-border-wall-proposals-architecture-criticism

Watchtowers, drones and a toxic moat: the designs for Trump's border wall

Monorails, shipping containers and nuclear waste dumps are just some of the ways that US construction companies have interpreted Donald Trump’s call for an “impenetrable, physical, tall, powerful, beautiful wall” to march 2,000 miles across the country’s border with Mexico. Up to 400 bidding contractors were expected to submit their schemes this week to the US Customs and Border Protection agency, in a militarised beauty pageant worthy of one of Trump’s own reality TV shows.

Rules state that the wall must be tough enough to withstand attacks from “sledgehammer, car jack, pick axe, chisel, battery operated impact tools … propane or butane or other similar hand-held tools” for up to four hours, but also be “aesthetically pleasing” – although obviously only on the northern, US-facing side. It must be “physically imposing in height”, ideally 30ft, but the terms also state that shorter options of 18ft “may be acceptable”.

Clayton Industries of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, who claim to be “revamping the energy sector through matter manipulation”, have proposed digging a 100ft trench along the border and filling it with nuclear waste. A flimsy chainlink fence will run along the Mexican side, followed by a field of motion sensors. If any plucky border-jumpers make it past the toxic trench, they’ll be met with another 30ft wall the other side.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 03:01
    Republicans have chosen the single biggest dipsh|t for president to ever be elected. I don't mean just the dumbest American president; I mean the single most retarded person ever elected to lead any country.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 04:56
    Originally posted by vivify
    Republicans have chosen the single biggest dipsh|t for president to ever be elected.
    I don't mean just the dumbest American president; I mean the single most retarded person ever elected to lead any country.
    Bertrand Russell said that, in a democracy, an elected leader cannot be more stupid than
    the people who voted for one because the more stupid the leader is, the more stupid they were.

"I mean the single most retarded person [Donald Trump] ever elected to lead any country."
    --Vivify

Wow! I have to be careful about quoting Vivify. If I had written it, then the jingoistic troll HandyAndy would be
    presumably attacking me for allegedly 'defaming' Americans or some other words that he put into my mouth.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 05:30
    I think the American electorate has defamed America more than you ever will, darling.

😉
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 14:33
    https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2017/apr/10/donald-trump-border-wall-proposals-architecture-criticism

[b]Watchtowers, drones and a toxic moat: the designs for Trump's border wall

Monorails, shipping containers and nuclear waste dumps are just some of the ways that US construction companies have interpreted Donald Trump’s call for an “impene ...[text shortened]... der-jumpers make it past the toxic trench, they’ll be met with another 30ft wall the other side.[/b]
    ...and Mexico is going to pay for this, right?!🙄
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    ...and Mexico is going to pay for this, right?!🙄
    Nothing makes you want to spend 50 billion on someone else's pointless wall like being called called a rapist does.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 14:50
    Of course razor wire would be cheaper and more effective (but would be bad for the wildlife).
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 14:54
    .....Watchtowers, drones and a toxic moat: the designs for Trump's border wall
    Trump is a JW?
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:242 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Of course razor wire would be cheaper and more effective (but would be bad for the wildlife).
    That's not trump-esque enough for La Mandarina. How about electrified razor wire with a minotaur guarding the other side?
  10. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:27
    That's not trump-esque enough for La Mandarina. How about electrified razor wire with a minotaur guarding the other side?
    Trump will think that a great idea but will misread it slightly such that the guards on the other side will be scary looking, little Trump dolls.
  11. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:32
    Sharks with lazers?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 18:07
    You only need to build a few hundred metres of 'Trumpesque' wall for the cameras. The rest can be much simpler (or non-existent). After all, if you get the money up front, and take four years building the first few kilometres, you can keep the change.
  13. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    18 Apr '17 18:301 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You only need to build a few hundred metres of 'Trumpesque' wall for the cameras. The rest can be much simpler (or non-existent). After all, if you get the money up front, and take four years building the first few kilometres, you can keep the change.
    Someone needs to take some footage of the black gate from a Lord of the Rings film and paste Trump's face on one of those big ugly trolls. The internet can thank me later.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 00:47
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    "I mean the single most retarded person [Donald Trump] ever elected to lead any country."
    --Vivify

Wow! I have to be careful about quoting Vivify. If I had written it, then the jingoistic troll HandyAndy would be
    presumably attacking me for allegedly 'defaming' Americans or some other words that he put into my mouth.
    There are things more fitting than words we could put into your mouth.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    20 Apr '17 00:54
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    There are things more fitting than words we could put into your mouth.
    The abusive lying troll HandyAndy keeps showing that he's obsessed with personally
    attacking me or inciting as much abuse of me as he can.